Quantcast

Author Topic: questions about post finasteride syndrome  (Read 1203 times)

Sam111

• View Profile
questions about post finasteride syndrome
« on: May 19, 2019, 08:04:45 pm »
 I donít have it but pfs sounds really damn scary.

pfs is some kind of genetic change where the androgen receptors donít work right ?

Is testosterone still being converted to dht but its just not being used ?

whats the deal with the 2 week window where guy says he feels good after stopping but then 2 weeks later symptoms come back really bad?

fifty

• View Profile
Re: questions about post finasteride syndrome
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:21:08 pm »
Pfa does exist but itís perpetuated to a grand scale on the Internet.  Recommendation: donít read the internet. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 10:21:08 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:26:04 am »
After stopping finasteride I experienced alternating good and bad periods. These eventually damped down and I pretty much got back to normal.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 03:23:57 pm »
PFS is more related to Allopregnanolone depletion in the CNS than Testosterone.

Allopregnanolone is a GABAergic neurosteroid. And yea that temporary recovery and crash is possible. The brain and body are not fully understood.

Interestingly there is Brexanolone which is being investigated for depression. But looks like for postpartum for now and its also going to be ridiculously expensive to the point it doesnít seem viable for most. Its some kind of insanely expensive infusion at the docs office. But anyways its supposed to be an allopregnanolone analog so in theory perhaps it is the cure to PFS.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 03:23:57 pm »