Quantcast

Author Topic: Became low SHBG  (Read 2117 times)

electrify

• View Profile
Became low SHBG
« on: July 20, 2019, 03:21:11 pm »
It doesnít seem to be impacting things that much but I wonder if I am getting low sensitivity as a result of low SHBG.

I used to be normal SHBG around 25-30 but ever since my BF% went from 14 to 20% and I stopped cutting sugar, it seems like my SHBG has declined all the way to 15.

Is this kind of drop reversible just my losing body fat and cutting sugar again? It doesnít seem to be genetic since I used to be fine before, even on TRT.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Became low SHBG
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »
I get reduced sensitivity with either high or low estradiol. It's possible that low SHBG is creating a high estradiol situation via the influence on free estradiol.

I'm not sure to what extent lifestyle modifications may raise your SHBG. I recently had my SHBG drop from 30 nMol/L into the single digits mainly as a result of stopping hCG, which in turn crashed estradiol. I'm certainly hopeful that it is reversible.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:39:37 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »
Gentlemen, could you describe what you mean by low sensitivity?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »
Gentlemen, could you describe what you mean by low sensitivity?

Inadequate penile sensitivity, which may be associated with reduced satisfaction with sex, difficulty achieving orgasm, etc.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 07:12:07 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 08:12:53 pm »
Cat, you said that you have symptoms with high/low E2.  So which E2 range is good for you?

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 12:54:42 am »
I get reduced sensitivity with either high or low estradiol. It's possible that low SHBG is creating a high estradiol situation via the influence on free estradiol.

I'm not sure to what extent lifestyle modifications may raise your SHBG. I recently had my SHBG drop from 30 nMol/L into the single digits mainly as a result of stopping hCG, which in turn crashed estradiol. I'm certainly hopeful that it is reversible.

Yea hopefully. In my case I donít think its E2 related as that was 33 and T around 600. In terms of mental symptoms I donít have any at least though E2 never has affected me in that way. I used to think it did but 2 years ago realized it has no impact.

However, at this T level 2 years ago I would have an E2 around the low 20s consistently with either test. So it seems that gaining BF% has caused a lot more aromatization as would be expected.

I really need to get that down. I have a sort of ďskinnyfatĒ look. Not noticeable with clothes on but still. I donít know what I am supposed to do whether I am to cut or bulk. I am a hardgainer so I am afraid that by eating more and working out I would just gain more fat

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 12:56:57 am »
Cat, you said that you have symptoms with high/low E2.  So which E2 range is good for you?

I believe the question is more complicated than we usually think. Which result are we trying to optimize: Libido? Erection quality? Serum lipids? Bone mineral density? My experience is suggesting that different levels are better for different things: higher is better for lipids and bone health, lower is better for sexual function. In addition, we probably should center discussions on free estradiol rather than total, which then accounts for differences in SHBG.

Setting all that aside, for me, at the current time, a good estradiol range for sexual function is probably 15-25 pg/mL. Normally it wouldn't be so low, but as mentioned, my SHBG has crashed to the single digits.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 01:09:52 am »
... In my case I donít think its E2 related as that was 33 and T around 600. In terms of mental symptoms I donít have any at least though E2 never has affected me in that way. I used to think it did but 2 years ago realized it has no impact.

However, at this T level 2 years ago I would have an E2 around the low 20s consistently with either test. So it seems that gaining BF% has caused a lot more aromatization as would be expected.

Have you tested progesterone recently? There are some claims that normal levels are needed to balance estradiol.

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »
Adding in Free Estradiol alongside LC/MS/MS, IMHO, is crucial for the low SHBG guy, another layer of insight.

Since sensitivity was mentioned I see improvements when my LC/MS/MS is in the single digits and my Free E is about mid range.

Target having your E2 mirror your SHBG value if not a little under in trough. Remember we know that SHBG binds T and E the same, high Free T is likely to in turn = high Free Estrogen. When I started to abide by E2 and SHBG value mirroring one another is when things got a lot better for me.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »