Quantcast

Author Topic: Gonadorelin alternative to hCG - Kisspeptin a peptide that is not approved  (Read 871 times)

mikeek1111

• View Profile
After doing some digging since a clinic i know is no longer using hCG, a called a few pharmacies and found out they are going to be offering Gonadorelin and NOT Kisspeptin. Kisspeptin is a peptide and it is NOT approved to be compounded and states like California will not approve it, while Gonadorelin is allowed to be compounded. Does anyone have any input on this?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll include my reply from over at EM:

Gonadorelin may work with TRT—producing endogenous LH and FSH—if you add a SERM. But it's not clear if even daily injections would be enough.

Kisspeptin is untested in this capacity, as far as I know. It's an interesting peptide, as its suppression in TRT could be detrimental to us, which may also be the case with gonadorelin/GnRH. For kisspeptin alone to stimulate production of gonadotropins it must first overcome negative feedback at the hypothalamus to produce endogenous GnRH. If this does happen then you still need a SERM to allow the endogenous GnRH to stimulate the pituitary. The hypothalamus has negative feedback from both androgens and estrogens. If we're lucky, all of this negative feedback is upstream of kisspeptin production, so that exogenous kisspeptin would lead to GnRH production. I'm not sure if infrequent injections of kisspeptin would be sufficient for this; it does have a short half-life.

Bottom line: I think you must use a SERM to get either of these possible hCG replacements to do something useful while on TRT. I've shown that gonadorelin is viable, though not necessarily practical. The situation with kisspeptin is less clear.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:50:03 am by Cataceous »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

doin it

• View Profile

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gonadorelin alternative to hCG - Kisspeptin a peptide that is not approved
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 02:30:28 am »
Thanks for the link. It's nice to get more details about what's going on at the top of the hormonal cascade.

On the general subject of gonadorelin it's worth mentioning that Royal Medical Center has been conducting some informal research. They say that dose titration has led them to a protocol of injecting either 50 or 100 mcg of gonadorelin twice a week. They claim that these injections produce a subsequent LH pulse of normal amplitude. Not much has been said yet about specific subjective benefits, though they are suggesting results comparable to hCG. I am reserving judgment until there are more reports from guys on this protocol.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 02:30:28 am »

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 03:05:41 am »

The article references Inhibin A in which I am intensely interested.  If anyone has any info on male (only male) disease states involving Inhibin A, I would appreciate the sharing of the info.
Thanks

Oberin

• View Profile
Not sure why Kisspeptin is not approved, I've seen some states where it is. As far as I know, they're used for different things. One solves women issues, like menstruation and the other one is dedicated to 'sex problems if I can call them like that. Anyway, you can always take an alternative to it such as [edited by moderator]. But it's best to talk to a doctor first, it's safer this way. I wouldn't take anything without consulting my doctors first as they have my medical history and of course, they know best.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:53:42 am by Cataceous »

ghce

• View Profile
. I wouldn't take anything without consulting my doctors first as they have my medical history and of course, they know best.

I wouldn't be relying on the last part of that sentence as it is an exception going on what the consensus is with guys here on TRT or experiencing hormonal related issues and absolutely flies in the face of my own personal experiences with all of the endos and gps I have consulted in the last 6 years.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum