Quantcast

Author Topic: Doc prescribed very high dose of HCG (ovitrelle)  (Read 4615 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Doc prescribed very high dose of HCG (ovitrelle)
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2021, 01:50:04 am »
The bioavailability of Proviron is 3%, which means you're getting about 1.5 mg. I don't know if direct comparisons have meaning, but natural testosterone production is around 5-7 mg, and natural DHT production is less than a milligram.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2021, 04:32:21 am »
By that you mean that the chances of suppression are low? What dose do you think I should take?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2021, 04:32:21 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2021, 11:48:27 am »
I don't have an answer for either question because I don't know how Proviron compares to endogenous androgens with respect to HPTA suppression. If it were the same as testosterone then you'd probably be suppressing your own production by at least 25%. But it's more complicated than that because of factors like its high binding affinity for SHBG and its inability to be aromatized.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2021, 08:33:47 pm »
Hello again, so I continued proviron at 50mg Ed trying to lower shbg but the results are not really good. I felt better for a week at first but then it got worse and stayed like that even while taking proviron. I did a blood work 2 days ago and here are my results

Ε2  18 pg/mL 11 - 44
Total testosterone 13.10 nmol/L 1.63 - 34.00
Free testosterone 7.09 ng/dL 5.80 - 18.00
SHBG 44.0 nmol/L 10.0 - 55.0
FSH. 2.93 mIU/mL 0.95 - 11.95
(LH)  5.39 mIU/mL 0.57 - 12.07
PRL 12.61 ng/mL 3.46 - 19.40

This is the lowest I have ever seen my total t. I converted it to ng/dl and it's 378, plus the shbg not only didn't drop but it increased from 40 to 44.

I could really use some advice on what to do next .

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2021, 08:33:47 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2021, 11:18:46 am »
It seems likely that the mesterolone—Proviron—is suppressing your natural testosterone production to an extent. I'm surprised your prolactin is relatively high with such low estradiol. Was there sexual activity in the day before the test?

I don't see any really promising strategies. You might do a longer trial with progesterone while not taking anything else, testing to ensure your levels are normal.

A final thought is to try Natesto or a generic alternative if you have access to such. This would be done without taking anything else.

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2021, 12:25:35 pm »
Thanks for all the help but I think it's time to act mature and go on trt.
Proviron was a last shot at reducing shbg.

I can't keep going on like this. It's been 3 years now without normal erections and libido. I think I can say now that I tried everything and go on trt without regrets. I already booked an appointment with an endo who had originally offered trt but I declined. I ll post here when I start for more info and things I should check, bloodworks etc also if you can tell me what dose should I start (when he gives me the green light) with my shbg

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2021, 05:56:15 pm »
You've had such good numbers naturally that I have to wonder if TRT is going to be beneficial. There are occasional reports of guys feeling better when they push their levels higher than could be natural. If these results are real and lasting then it could be that the extra is somehow compensating for other unknown deficits. But it's not without some risks—it's not clear what can happen in the long run.

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2021, 03:06:43 pm »
Well my symptoms were unbearable even with good numbers plus the shbg of 40-45 doesn't help even with total t at 700.

I started trt yesterday, couldn't wait any longer. Doc said 100mg one shot per week and adjust accordingly. My goal is to recover libido and fix Ed not to go overboard.

Anyway yesterday was my first shot and a couple of hours after it I got a weird tightness in the chest. Not anything severe and I wanted to ask you if it happens when starting trt or adjusting doses. It has subsided since yesterday but not completely

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2021, 03:45:18 pm »
The problem with 100 mg all at once is that you get a very high spike in serum testosterone. You were probably feeling that to an extent. It may become less noticeable in time. If at all possible I would switch to 50 mg twice a week, or even better is 28 mg EOD. With normal absorption and weekly injections you can expect peak testosterone to be 2.5 to 3 times higher than troughs. This can make for quite a roller coaster. Switching to twice weekly means peaks may be more like 50% higher than troughs, improved, but still somewhat unnatural.

In this transition period your testosterone will be especially high because the exogenous testosterone is added to your natural production. Within weeks natural production will be suppressed. A honeymoon period is common, during which one feels especially good. Unfortunately these usually do not last. Initial lab work can be done in 4-6 weeks. Adjustments can be made if serum testosterone is not close to the target range. Otherwise a fair evaluation should not take place for at least another month or two after stabilization.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 08:17:58 pm by Cataceous »

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2021, 05:25:00 pm »
Actually it was more like 125mg now that I think about it cause the ampules are 250 and I split it in 2.
 The doc is pretty open so switching to 50mg e3.5 days is not gonna be an issue it's just that I want to avoid extra injections if possible. Anyway if the chest thing isn't something serious I can bare it for a while. My only fear is if it could be heart related. I also suggested to the doc that I take small doses of hcg cause I ll probably try for a kid in the next 3-4 years and I want to preserve fertility until then.. Whats your opinion on that.. Does hcg work while on trt to preserve fertility or is it a myth. When he prescribes I ll of course ask here for doses.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2021, 08:25:06 pm »
Used in conjunction with TRT, hCG can preserve or restore fertility in many, but not all cases. If it doesn't work then FSH or hMG can be added to further improve the odds.

Tn198989

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Today at 04:55:38 pm »
Quick question.. Today I am shooting my second dose and since my goal is to reduce shbg should do 1 shot of 125mg or 2 half that dose. Also the chest tightness hasn't subsided yet and I ve had some minor palpitations throughout the week. From what I read it's a pretty common initial side effect.. Could that subside with 2 shots instead of 1. And also will the half dose per injection be enough to lower the shbg?

Thanks in advance

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #101 on: Today at 04:55:38 pm »