Quantcast

Author Topic: Enclomiphene report  (Read 1407 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Enclomiphene report
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2021, 01:28:16 pm »
With the most recent numbers both free T calculators put you on the low side. So you do have a possible reason for the lackluster subjective results.

The options for dealing with high SHBG aren't great. TRT is effective but extreme, since you're disabling the entire HPTA. Some guys have used SARMs, such as ostarine. It's possible that with the continued use of enclomiphene the suppressive effects would be reduced. I suppose AI use is also a possibility, though as a last resort. The E2/T ratio is only a little on the high side, so there's marginal leeway for some AI micro-dosing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 07:36:23 pm by Cataceous »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 05:05:12 pm »
I received my DHT test results an hour ago - 1383.3 pg/mL. It's has always been high in the past but never this high.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2021, 05:05:12 pm »

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 07:15:10 am »
From what I have read on the subject, I suspect the DHEA supplements I have been taking may be the root cause of my sudden high level of DHT.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 05:36:24 pm »
You're probably right about that. I'd forgotten that that's one of the effects of DHEA, and you're taking a pretty hefty dose. For me, 12.5 mg daily puts DHEA-S around 300 mcg/dL.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 05:36:24 pm »

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 10:41:54 am »
I am currently at 505 mcg/mL. I have stopped taking DHEA of course, and hopefully it will soon drop to a more acceptable level. As for DHT, I am going to try Astaxanthin. Historically my DHT level has always been at the upper limits and sometimes beyond - with or without Clomid.

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 06:49:28 am »
Iíve established that DHEA raised my DHT (and BP) significantly which could explain the disparity between Clomid and enclomiphene.                                                                                                                                           

I began taking DHEA at the same time as I did enclomiphene. So Iím thinking that too much of the raised testosterone level was being converted into DHT due to the effects of DHEA. In turn this conversion made it appear that enclomiphene is not quite as effective as Clomid in raising testosterone levels.

Iíve removed DHEA from my protocol and I will test again in about 2 weeks.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2021, 12:18:37 pm »
It will be interesting to see what changes without the DHEA.

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:38 am »
LabCorp results 3/10/21
Some notable changes from all previous labs.  Free T, estradiol, and SHBG levels have increased significantly since converting to enclomiphene. I am going to reduce enclomiphene 12.5mg from 7 days a week to 5 days a week.  Clomid gave similar TT results at 4 days week. At this point it seems I have responded better to Clomid overall. Iím not sure what to make of this yet.              Since my last lab of 2/11/21 I had a minor but temporary improvement to my libido after dropping the DHEA supplement. I had another minor but temporary improvement after taking 5mg tadalafil for 4 days. Iíve done this on two prior occasions with similar results. I may continue this experiment.
Total T -   1154 ng/dL        (264-916)      H
Free T -      33.58 ng/dL     (5.0-21.0)     H
DHEA -     223.1 ug/dL       (48.9-344.2)
Estradiol -  55.6 pg/mL      (8.0-35.0)     H
SHBG -      97.0 nmol/L     (19.3-76.4)    H
TSH -         2.05 ulU/mL    (0.450-4.5)
LH -            8.5 mlU/mL     (1.7-8.6)

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 08:49:50 am »
Also % Free Testosterone 2.91  (1.50-4.20)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 11:40:00 am »
That's impressive testosterone production. It makes me wonder what your numbers would be with EOD dosing on the enclomiphene.

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 03:43:22 am »
Yet my libido is still flat lining and no morning wood.

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 08:25:40 am »
It seems Iím quite responsive to both Clomid and enclomiphene and my DHT has always been normally very high. So now my TT, and Free T is very high, and my prolactin, pregnenolone, DHEA, LH, FSH is still normal as usual. Other than SHBG and estradiol whatís left to be concerned about? Have you any thoughts on this Cataceous?

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 10:17:48 am »
Yet my libido is still flat lining and no morning wood.

Your response to clomid and enclomiphene is great. As to libido, maybe your testosterone is now actually too high?  I've heard of people who do steroid cycles actually having worse libido on cycle (not everyone, obviously). It could also be the enclomiphene / clomid itself dampening your libido due to its effects on estrogen receptors - if it was me and i was getting those results, i'd look at dropping down to the minimum amount that keeps me around 600 - 800 ng/dl and seeing how that affects libido. Estrogen's needed for libido / neurotransmitters, and if the clomid's blocking the receptors too much in the brain that could cause your problem. Also, something for dopamine might help - 2.5mg selegiiline (sublingual) spikes my libido every time, and my testosterone is currently a pathetic 10 nmol / l unfortunately (around 300 ng/dl). I'm jealous of your results as i'm on 12.5mg m,w,f of clomid, mid range LH but my balls are being stubborn!!

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »
I would say the same things as seppuku: Concern about the enclomiphene itself, which would be a reason to try EOD dosing; otherwise the neurotransmitters. I take selegiline with PEAóphenethylamineóand I really like the combination. You can also look at the things in JustAskin's stack: https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=9644.0

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 01:13:38 pm »
I would say the same things as seppuku: Concern about the enclomiphene itself, which would be a reason to try EOD dosing; otherwise the neurotransmitters. I take selegiline with PEAóphenethylamineóand I really like the combination. You can also look at the things in JustAskin's stack: https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=9644.0

Please be careful with that combo Cataceous - i tried it once, probably too much pea really as the effect was dramatic but scared the hell out of me. I had been taking the selegiline regularly, 2.5mg a day. I took some pea before a workout (it was loose powder so i'm unsure of the dose but probably between 250mg - 500mg i think). I had a wave of euphoria go through me, but also an extreme flushing of the skin, rapid heart beat. I came out of my gym to tell my wife how great i felt, and noticed i had zero sensitivity to pain - i reckon i could have put a skewer through my leg and wouldn't have felt it. I checked my blood pressure, and it was much higher than normal. I had to stop my workout as i was worried about my blood pressure, but also because the feeling of pleasure was just to great to want to do anything!!  I know you've been using this combo with success so you must be using a correct dosage, but i thought i should mention what happened to me because although it felt pleasurable, it also scared me off trying it again!! I'd taken pea before (without selegiline), and on its own had very little effect. With selegiline in the mix though, it needs cautious dosages of pea starting low.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 01:13:38 pm »