Quantcast

Author Topic: Enclomiphene report  (Read 1902 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Enclomiphene report
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2021, 02:34:36 pm »
Apparently an MAO-B inhibitor greatly increases absorption of PEA. I was mindful of that study that used only 90 mg PEA daily with selegiline, and it's been a good dose for me. I did try 180 mg, but it was interfering with sleep. I started selegiline at 1.25 mg daily and gradually titrated up to 2.5 mg. I felt some benefits at the lower dose, but 2.5 mg crosses some threshold for me and results are now consistently good.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 04:37:59 pm »
Apparently an MAO-B inhibitor greatly increases absorption of PEA. I was mindful of that study that used only 90 mg PEA daily with selegiline, and it's been a good dose for me. I did try 180 mg, but it was interfering with sleep. I started selegiline at 1.25 mg daily and gradually titrated up to 2.5 mg. I felt some benefits at the lower dose, but 2.5 mg crosses some threshold for me and results are now consistently good.

2.5mg selegiline is also my prefered dose, although i'm not consistant with it lately. I think of i'd tried PEA at around 90mg too, i might have had less scary results!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 04:37:59 pm »

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 08:18:39 am »
Seppuku your suggestion got me thinking. It never occurred to me that Clomid/enclomiphene could have a dampening effect on estrogen receptors! So I checked some old notes/labs I made Sept.2018 Aug 2020. By mid-2019 and into June 2020 my libido was not great but acceptable. My protocol was still a work in progress at that time but it was generally around 12.5mg Clomid and DIM 200mg four to six times a month. Unfortunately I got too complacent and took only one lab for the year - December 2019. This lab was TT 820 pg/mL, Free T 84 pg/mL, estradiol <20 (?), SHBG 83nmol/L, LH 4.8 miU/ml etc. Unremarkable, almost normal.  Then in July 2020 I unfortunately tweaked the protocol a little and my libido declined. My 08/07/20 lab was TT 1283.1 pg/mL, Free T 98.5 pg/mL, estradiol 43 pg/ml, SHBG 85 nmol/L, LH 5.3 mlU/ml.  Hormones are truly a balancing act. Maybe someday...        Interesting idea about neurotransmitters, Ill speak with my doctor concerning replacing my Wellbutrin with selegiiline.  Thank you.                                                                                           

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 11:53:17 am »
Seppuku your suggestion got me thinking. It never occurred to me that Clomid/enclomiphene could have a dampening effect on estrogen receptors! So I checked some old notes/labs I made Sept.2018 Aug 2020. By mid-2019 and into June 2020 my libido was not great but acceptable. My protocol was still a work in progress at that time but it was generally around 12.5mg Clomid and DIM 200mg four to six times a month. Unfortunately I got too complacent and took only one lab for the year - December 2019. This lab was TT 820 pg/mL, Free T 84 pg/mL, estradiol <20 (?), SHBG 83nmol/L, LH 4.8 miU/ml etc. Unremarkable, almost normal.  Then in July 2020 I unfortunately tweaked the protocol a little and my libido declined. My 08/07/20 lab was TT 1283.1 pg/mL, Free T 98.5 pg/mL, estradiol 43 pg/ml, SHBG 85 nmol/L, LH 5.3 mlU/ml.  Hormones are truly a balancing act. Maybe someday...        Interesting idea about neurotransmitters, Ill speak with my doctor concerning replacing my Wellbutrin with selegiiline.  Thank you.                                                                                         

No problem, and good luck!  I've been reading other peoples progress and experiences for years - most people seem to get the fat loss / muscle building effects etc from increased testosterone, but it's always libido that causes problems. It's such a tricky one and probably depends on many factors (hormones but also stress, sleep, diet etc etc). And it would seem that generally, very low e2 levels are worse than very high ones, but there's always a sweet spot.  Regarding clomid, for me, and more (or less) than 12.5mg three times a week, and i just don't feel right.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 11:53:17 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 11:59:43 am »
An appeal of selegiline, particularly for us older guys, is that it is counteracting the effects of MAO-B rising naturally with age. Selegiline is also associated with increased longevity in animal studies. Further reference: https://www.juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/content/selegiline-hcl
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 10:30:26 am »
I have been taking 100mg trazadone for insomnia. Since cutting back on enclomiphene from seven days a week to three, I have been getting night wood 2- 3 times a night. Only a slight improvement in libido. But I am concerned about possible priapism. I have reduced dosage to 50 mg and I am considering stopping altogether. Is this common / normal?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:58 am »
I tried trazadone briefly as a sleep aid and I remember the prominent nocturnal erections. I don't know how to judge if they are excessive and reason to worry about priapism.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2021, 09:47:42 pm »
GEF why not just go on TRT? from what i have seen clomid seems to be a lot harder to dial in and get the same symptom relief vs TRT when properly done?
ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2021, 08:41:04 am »
Update. Ive revised my protocol twice since my last posting. Until today it had been 12.5mg enclomiphene and 200mg DIM twice a week and 9mg boron daily. It seems less is more. Though erratic there is tangible improvement in my libido since I began reducing dosage. A clear cause for optimism. After this latest lab result I will again reduce enclomiphene dosage to only once a week. My Estradiol and SHBG are still too high unfortunately.

On this latest lab I also included TPA (Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies), and TBG (Thyroxine Binding Globulin). Four years ago I was told my antibodies were a little high and to keep watch on symptoms. As I understand it, thyroid issues can have negative influence on hormones as well as side effects such as chronic fatigue and depression. I may reconsider Anastrozole depending how I feel when my TT descends to 800-900 ng/dL. Finally, I have recently acquired two new scripts for 4mg Doxazosin and 2.5mg selegiiline. Too soon for observations.  I will wait 2 weeks before testing again.

Quest labs of 04/14/21:
TT 1034 ng/dL   (250 - 827)   H
T Free 57.2 pg/mL (46.0 - 224.0)
T Bio. 107.7 ng/dL (110.0 - 575.0)   L
Estradiol 49 pg/mL   (< OR = 29 pg/mL)   H   Previously 55.6 pg/mL
SHBG 97 nmol/L   (22 - 77)   H - Unchanged
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies: 124   (<9 IU/mL)   H
Thyroxine Binding Globulin: 27.2 mcg/mL   (12.7 - 25.1) H

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2021, 11:45:04 am »
Testosterone is still impressive for only twice-weekly enclomiphene. Although the absolute level of estradiol is still elevated, it is normal relative to testosterone, at about 0.5%.

Have you measured your free thyroid hormones recently? Are these expected to be lower when antibodies are elevated?

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2021, 08:51:24 am »
My last tests for T3 (Total and free), and T4 were done 08/07/20 and they were normal as was the TSH. Most recent TSH testing results were normal last November and March.

Up until 08/07/20 my free thyroid tests and TSH had always been within normal range, even since first learning of my thyroiditis. However Graves and Hashimoto's disease (thyroiditis) can eventually reduce production of thyroid hormones. Whether they are affected or not apparently depends on the individual and antibody severity. Hence the physician advising me to be mindful of symptoms.

Studies have shown that supplementing with selenium reduces thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPO), as well as the severity of hypothyroidism symptoms. I suppose I will have my levels tested once again for change and perhaps make an appointment to rule out any other possibilities related to thyroid.  Meanwhile I will continue fine-tuning my daily protocol.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2021, 03:04:38 pm »
Always interested in reading about your progress...

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 08:19:27 am »
Thank you Cataceous.
 I have another observation I hesitate to make. It may just be coincidental but trazodone seems to be acting as a sort of barometer for me. For a long time the effects of trazodone seemed strangely inconsistent and so I eventually quit this medication.  Then recently after renewing my 'script, I picked up on a familiar routine of sorts; the nightly effects of trazodone seemed to vary according to my T levels (during my trial-error adjustments).
Put another way, if my T is either too low or very high, trazodone does nothing in regards to nocturnal erections, alternately during times in between as in recent weeks after dropping my dosage, multi nocturnal erections become almost routine.
I've not been very successful researching this about trazodone and its connection with testosterone levels. So, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this odd side effect.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 11:37:58 am »
It's an interesting observation, and a connection seems plausible.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:59:10 am by Cataceous »

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2021, 04:43:15 am »
Update: Libido continues to slowly improve; at certain times very much more than others. I suspect hormones are still in process of reaching a kind of equilibrium. So, Im going to hold steady on my current protocol a while longer until I test again in about two weeks. Maybe unrelated but my appetite has increased noticeably too. Fortunately, my weight remains unaffected and stable, as usual.

Enclomiphene 12.5mg twice a week, DIM 200mg three times a week, 2.5mg selegiiline daily, and Doxazosin 4mg daily.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2021, 04:43:15 am »