Quantcast

Author Topic: TRT is THE worst decision I've ever made  (Read 5796 times)

cujet

• View Profile
Re: TRT is THE worst decision I've ever made
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2021, 11:03:28 pm »
My troubles are likely different than yours. The mitochondrial dysfunction really knocks me down. Interestingly, caffeine helps as do certain amino acids. I find that Amino Energy by ON is a huge help. Along with prednisone and an occasional rev erba sarm type product.

My point is that this stuff started before I turned 50, and over the years I've been able to find products that help immensely. In fact, I'm feeling well lately.
57 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 220
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2021, 08:40:26 pm »
Started the wellbutrin a week ago and last night I started feeling down. Today it's worse, heading toward depression. Other than that I feel nothing from it so far. I know it can take weeks but I've been reading reviews on it and most feel something within days. I feel nothing but depression setting in.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2021, 08:40:26 pm »

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 05:36:55 pm »
Have you ever tried a different ester ?  T cyp gave me all sorts of wacky side effects. It crushed my cortisol. And I confirmed it with blood and saliva. I changed to enathate and it's been a much better experience.

I do myself always wonder about the long term sides of htpa shutdown.ive been feeling slightly more depressed and harder to enjoy myself. Only been on trt this time around for a year. (been on and off for 11 years). But it also could be situational. With covid restrictions and it being winter and being trapt in the house with a 1 and 3 year old lol

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2021, 10:15:25 pm »
I do myself always wonder about the long term sides of htpa shutdown.ive been feeling slightly more depressed and harder to enjoy myself. Only been on trt this time around for a year. (been on and off for 11 years). But it also could be situational. With covid restrictions and it being winter and being trapt in the house with a 1 and 3 year old lol

OMG a 3 year old, I feel your pain!! same here ours was fine when she was 1 year old, only mildly crazy but now at 3 1/2 .......

You could be right about long term effects of TRT plenty of anecdotal examples of severe depression and suicide even with professionals who know this stuff.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2021, 10:15:25 pm »

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2021, 10:33:27 pm »

OMG a 3 year old, I feel your pain!! same here ours was fine when she was 1 year old, only mildly crazy but now at 3 1/2 .......

You could be right about long term effects of TRT plenty of anecdotal examples of severe depression and suicide even with professionals who know this stuff.
I feel like you might be referring to Dr John. What's nuts is I was his patient when he passed. I freaked out and jumped right off trt. Now being back on I started questioning again and I even tried to get off for a few weeks. Usually I get off pretty easy not this time. So Im back on lol

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2021, 10:37:01 pm »
I got so dizzy and drunk feeling after taking a wellbutrin this morning that I had to go lay down for awhile. And last night when I went to bed I would have this rush come over my body every few seconds. It would start in the middle and shoot out in all directions. Between that and a different body part jerking every few seconds I barely got any sleep. If this doesn't go away soon I'll be discontinuing wellbutrin.

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2021, 11:04:50 pm »
I got so dizzy and drunk feeling after taking a wellbutrin this morning that I had to go lay down for awhile. And last night when I went to bed I would have this rush come over my body every few seconds. It would start in the middle and shoot out in all directions. Between that and a different body part jerking every few seconds I barely got any sleep. If this doesn't go away soon I'll be discontinuing wellbutrin.
I had that happen a few years ago when I started low dose lexapro. I never call into work but I had too I couldn't even walk. It went away a few hours later and then I had a few vertigo episodes a couple months later. I was on a super low dose and getting off was a nightmare. I've been off like 8 months and still think I have some lingering effects.

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2021, 08:42:24 am »
And now my sense of taste is almost completely gone. I sure hope this drug kicks in soon.

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2021, 06:58:07 pm »
I think I know why I'm jerking at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. Wellbutrin seems to have caused me to have acquired full on central sleep apnea. I know I need to take a deep breath every time my body jerks and wakes me up. It was terrible last night. I might have to record myself falling asleep and see what it shows.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2021, 01:39:34 am »
I think I know why I'm jerking at night when I'm trying to go to sleep. Wellbutrin seems to have caused me to have acquired full on central sleep apnea. I know I need to take a deep breath every time my body jerks and wakes me up. It was terrible last night. I might have to record myself falling asleep and see what it shows.

https://www.e-jsm.org/journal/view.php?number=91

"Sleep-onset central sleep apnea is not uncommon phenomenon, and is usually regarded as a normal sleep pattern."

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2021, 10:14:37 am »
My troubles are likely different than yours. The mitochondrial dysfunction really knocks me down. Interestingly, caffeine helps as do certain amino acids. I find that Amino Energy by ON is a huge help. Along with prednisone and an occasional rev erba sarm type product.

My point is that this stuff started before I turned 50, and over the years I've been able to find products that help immensely. In fact, I'm feeling well lately.
would you say trt could have added to some of your issues. Or did all your current health issues start before trt ?

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2021, 01:02:59 am »

would you say trt could have added to some of your issues. Or did all your current health issues start before trt ?

I have no doubt in my mind that most if not all of my current troubles are due to trt. It has shut something down in my body. Whether it's dopamine or something else I don't know but I think this is why a lot of guys still have trouble after getting their T levels right. Trt shuts something down in our body which causes more trouble.

Seriously, I had nothing wrong with me before trt and a few months after I go on trt I start having one issue after the other.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2021, 02:02:43 am »
.... Trt shuts something down in our body which causes more trouble.

I've been arguing this point for a while now, although definitive evidence is lacking.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2021, 02:13:21 am »

I've been arguing this point for a while now, although definitive evidence is lacking.

I am in agreement with that but who knows what else trt shuts down or negatively modulates to our detriment, whilst it seems that medical knowledge is vast there probably is more unknown than known when it comes to these many varied feedback loops and all their interactions.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2021, 04:28:44 am »

I've searched and searched for a connection to trt and I come up empty every time. I think it's because it just hasn't been studied enough yet.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2021, 04:28:44 am »