Quantcast

Author Topic: Micro dose hCG monotherapy  (Read 239 times)

Forty2

• View Profile
Micro dose hCG monotherapy
« on: February 16, 2021, 01:39:07 am »
I'm considering trying a very low dose of hCG mono such as 150iu 3 x week.
From some information I've come across, LH suppression from hCG is related to the spike in estradiol. With a very low dose you don't get the large estradiol spike so LH is not affected at all, or extremely minimally suppressed and testosterone is raised as much as 200ng/dL.
Could someone please confirm whether this information is correct?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Micro dose hCG monotherapy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 05:31:01 pm »
The suppressiveness of hCG is surely dose-related, so a small enough dose will minimize suppression. However, it seems questionable that the average guy would see a net gain of 200 ng/dL in testosterone with such low doses. If you try it I'm interested in seeing your results.

My recommendation would be to try Natesto instead. It has a lot of research demonstrating limited HPTA suppression while providing testosterone peaks much higher than baseline levels.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 05:31:01 pm »

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:49:41 am »
The suppressiveness of hCG is surely dose-related, so a small enough dose will minimize suppression. However, it seems questionable that the average guy would see a net gain of 200 ng/dL in testosterone with such low doses. If you try it I'm interested in seeing your results.

My recommendation would be to try Natesto instead. It has a lot of research demonstrating limited HPTA suppression while providing testosterone peaks much higher than baseline levels.

Unfortunately, Natesto is not available in my country.
I can only get Pregnyl in a 5000iu amp.
Do you know how long hCG will stay good for in the fridge once reconstituted? I'm guessing that a lot of it will end up going to waste. Unfortunately, I cannot get the smaller 1500iu ampoules.
What dose would you suggest I start with and when do you think I should get blood work done?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 12:38:45 pm »
When refrigerated, rehydrated hCG should stay fairly potent for at least one to two months. There is conflicting information about whether hCG can survive a freeze-thaw cycle. It might be worth freezing the excess if the alternative is throwing it away. Then you have the option of trying it later to see if it is still potent.

I think realistically you're more likely to see a net loss of testosterone as a long-term result of this experiment. The first few doses of hCG may indeed give you a boost, as it supplements your existing LH. But the non-pulsatile nature of the hCG makes it more suppressive than LH, likely leading to less testosterone than at baseline as time goes on. Only at full replacement doses of hCG are you likely to see higher testosterone.

I don't know if this would work either, but a slightly better bet is to try infrequent hCG doses, e.g. once a week. This is almost five half-lives of hCG, allowing it to mostly clear out before the next dose. Maybe this would keep the suppression in check, giving you extra testosterone in the first few days after each injection. Of course it could also lead to below-baseline testosterone in the final days before the next dose, as well as lower average levels. Only experimentation would tell.

In any case, it makes sense to keep the starting doses low, 100-300 IU per injection. Suppressive effects can take weeks to fully manifest, so I wouldn't test serum levels until at least a month in.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 12:47:04 pm by Cataceous »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 2.4 mg T propionate subQ qd, 3.2 mg T enanthate qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 12:38:45 pm »

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 01:50:49 am »
When refrigerated, rehydrated hCG should stay fairly potent for at least one to two months. There is conflicting information about whether hCG can survive a freeze-thaw cycle. It might be worth freezing the excess if the alternative is throwing it away. Then you have the option of trying it later to see if it is still potent.

I think realistically you're more likely to see a net loss of testosterone as a long-term result of this experiment. The first few doses of hCG may indeed give you a boost, as it supplements your existing LH. But the non-pulsatile nature of the hCG makes it more suppressive than LH, likely leading to less testosterone than at baseline as time goes on. Only at full replacement doses of hCG are you likely to see higher testosterone.

I don't know if this would work either, but a slightly better bet is to try infrequent hCG doses, e.g. once a week. This is almost five half-lives of hCG, allowing it to mostly clear out before the next dose. Maybe this would keep the suppression in check, giving you extra testosterone in the first few days after each injection. Of course it could also lead to below-baseline testosterone in the final days before the next dose, as well as lower average levels. Only experimentation would tell.

In any case, it makes sense to keep the starting doses low, 100-300 IU per injection. Suppressive effects can take weeks to fully manifest, so I wouldn't test serum levels until at least a month in.

My concern is exactly what you mentioned i.e. that I may see a net loss of testosterone in the long term on such a low dose of hCG.
I don't see the benefit of taking it for such a short time and then stopping it, so I may abandon this idea.
Previously I tried hCG monotherapy at a dose of 500iu eod for 1 month, which boosted my TT from 320 to 800. It did make me feel significantly better, however, I experienced sensitivity in the nipple area and a hot flushed face.
I'm now considering trying hCG monotherapy again at a lower dose of perhaps 375iu every 3 days. Are you able to estimate approximately how high my TT would be on this dose?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 12:13:58 pm »
The effect of hCG on testosterone is nonlinear, so estimating where testosterone will be with half as much hCG may be an exercise in futility. An odd feature of hCG is that as doses are raised, testosterone production initially increases as well, but at some point as hCG goes up further testosterone production declines. Chances are your doses are all below this threshold, which could be as high as 1,000 IU EOD [R]. In any case, the simplest assumption is that there is some linearity in the lower range of hCG doses, in which case your predicted testosterone from 375 IU hCG E3D is 400 ng/dL. But treat this as only a guess.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 12:13:58 pm »