Quantcast

Author Topic: New lab results have me concerned  (Read 10770 times)

jinNE

• View Profile
New lab results have me concerned
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:37:32 am »
I got the results today from when I went in last week to discuss my pellets. This was at the 2 month mark:

Total T   554
Free T    135
E2          2.4
Heoglobin   18

They are having me back off the Arimidex to .5MB a week (half a tab). They were disappointed at the T levels for only 2 months in. I have had me 2nd T IM injection and feel great, but they tell me I need to donate blood or they will take me off T. Last blood work had hemoglobin at 17, and now 18 and that is just too high.
Does anyone have any links or info on the hemoglobin being so high? they said T therapy can raise it as well. The super low E2 score tells me something as well.
progress, but still..
PS: I gave blood about 6 months ago and swore I would never do it again as I almost pass out when I do. Damn. I would rather self-inject than donate blood.

JackAndy

• View Profile
Re: New lab results have me concerned
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:52:36 am »
You should be careful donating blood, your blood includes powerful androgens! hahaha. It might have a virilizing effect if given to a female by accident. I don't really know of any other way to lower hemoglobin. I guess you could consume less iron. Are you taking a multivitamin with iron or something?
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:52:36 am »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:51:33 pm »
I got the results today from when I went in last week to discuss my pellets. This was at the 2 month mark:

Total T   554
Free T    135
E2          2.4
Heoglobin   18

They are having me back off the Arimidex to .5MB a week (half a tab). They were disappointed at the T levels for only 2 months in. I have had me 2nd T IM injection and feel great, but they tell me I need to donate blood or they will take me off T. Last blood work had hemoglobin at 17, and now 18 and that is just too high.
Does anyone have any links or info on the hemoglobin being so high? they said T therapy can raise it as well. The super low E2 score tells me something as well.
progress, but still..
PS: I gave blood about 6 months ago and swore I would never do it again as I almost pass out when I do. Damn. I would rather self-inject than donate blood.

I could be wrong but I believe steroid abusers run into the high RBC problem when using certain steroids.  Not suggesting you are a steroid abuser of course!  But I recall reading that the way they handle it is to in fact "bleed themselves"  I don't know exactly what this means, perhaps donate blood, or perhaps visit a vampire, not sure.  You might want to ask around on a bodybuilding site about the high RBC.  Just a thought.
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »
It is common on trt. My hematocrit was 40, after 4 months on trt I went up to 51.  Went to donate the blood, latest reading was 45.  Sure, donating blood is not the most pleasant experience, but you cannot stay with elevate hemo for too long.  It's either give a pint of blood or go on blood thinning medication.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:32 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:49 pm »
Kwn is right.  Iron is very hard on the heart and the brain.  I will make a post on this hopefully a bit later.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm going to see about going in on Saturday. We had a blood drive here at work about six months ago and I almost passed out; I'm just not built for giving blood. I swore I wasn't going to do it again, but we know how those types of things work out. :)
I'll have my wife drive me and get it done. I wonder how often I'll have to do this...?

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 02:34:09 pm »
My plan is do hematocrit each 3-4 months and if it is above 50 go donate.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:35:15 pm »
50 for hemoglobin? I'm only at 18 and my doctor is freaked out...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:39 pm »
50 for hemoglobin? I'm only at 18 and my doctor is freaked out...

He's talking about hematocrit.  Little different animal.  Docs will often do some combination of hematocrit, hemoglobin and RBC count.  They basically measure volume percentage, concentration/density and counts/unit volume.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 03:53:19 pm »
ah thanks!
All other numbers seemed fine, so down must go the hemoglobin.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »
ah thanks!
All other numbers seemed fine, so down must go the hemoglobin.

I've got a few basic ways to lower hemoglobin here.  Pretty standard stuff, but I think some guys will find it interesting:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Ways_To_Lower_Hemoglobin

I also talk about why it's so important to pay attention to hemoglobin (and hematocrit and RBC counts).

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:31 pm »
Thanks Peak! Working on getting a donation appointment this week.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 07:29:07 pm »
I'll be very curious how much it drops you.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »
Donating on Saturday.
I just found out that if you tell them that your doctor has told you to donate as a result of being on T therapy, they will NOT take your blood. They are OK with you being on T therapy, but they draw the line when the doctor specifically demands that you donate to reduce hemoglobin.
So you if you need to do this, no need to disclose WHY you are donating. I do suggest you be honest with them about what you are taking, however.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
This is weird.  What is the difference - I donate blood out of goodness of my heart or because of a need?  The final result might be saving someone's life.  Plus I was not asked for the reason when I came to donate.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »