Quantcast

Author Topic: Phantom Charlie Horse from Quad IM Injection - Possible Cure  (Read 8784 times)

jinNE

• View Profile
Hi all,
I saw a video where a doctor was discussing self-injecting IM test. He believes the charlie horse comes from blood pooling in the muscle from the needle trauma, and suggests that you apply direct pressure to the injection site for 1 or 2 minutes after injecting to promote clotting without letting the blood pool in the muscle tissue. I did this yesterday and have ZERO pain from my injection - not even a little of the phantom charlie horse.
Also, the direct pressure meant I didn't need to use a band aid, which is about a 1,000 times more painful to remove than the shot itself ! :)

Quincy

• View Profile
Re: Phantom Charlie Horse from Quad IM Injection - Possible Cure
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:19 pm »
That's what I've been doing also. As soon as I remove the needle, I press the alcohol pad on the pin hole and hold the pressure for minute. I also don't rub or massage the site as that might keep it from clotting. I still get occasional soreness, but it's minimal. There is probably some luck involved not irritated some nerve fiber.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:19 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »
I'll have to try this.  I get mine in the upper buttock at the HRT clinic and occasionally it will be sore for a day.  Of course, I don't get a charlie horse there, but it's worth a try...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15:15 pm »
Hi all,
I saw a video where a doctor was discussing self-injecting IM test. He believes the charlie horse comes from blood pooling in the muscle from the needle trauma, and suggests that you apply direct pressure to the injection site for 1 or 2 minutes after injecting to promote clotting without letting the blood pool in the muscle tissue. I did this yesterday and have ZERO pain from my injection - not even a little of the phantom charlie horse.
Also, the direct pressure meant I didn't need to use a band aid, which is about a 1,000 times more painful to remove than the shot itself ! :)

Nice work man.  You know I now recall seeing that video ( I believe it was on YouTube?) and I forgot about it.  I will give this a try next time and we will see.
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 05:15:15 pm »

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »
I thought of you immediately Ken and had to post!  ;D
I look forward to hearing if it works for you...

adam1973

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:14 pm »
Ive had 2 shots so far both in the upper glutes. Both shots hurt for about 2 days after and no blood when the needle came out. Using 23 gauge needle.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »
Ive had 2 shots so far both in the upper glutes. Both shots hurt for about 2 days after and no blood when the needle came out. Using 23 gauge needle.

Try 25ga if you can get away with a 1" needle.  If you are carrying a few too many extra pounds in that area you might need the 1-1/2" needle and then the 25ga becomes a bit of a challenge pushing it in.
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 10:13:17 pm »
For me that 25ga goes in quickly and easily. You have to push the plunger hard for a minute or so, but it's worth it.

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »
One other thing I try to do to prevent soreness is keep the needle still during the injection.You don't want to be torquing it any as that might bruise or cut into the surrounding muscle tissue. Sometimes I get a little too much movement with the needle and it seems those times I have more soreness afterwards.

This vid shows I doc giving himself a shot with a 27ga needle. He also kind of flubs the needle with some torquing and says, "don't do that".  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQor40vf7lE
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »