Quantcast

Author Topic: Starting with Defy and Sharing My Numbers  (Read 1806 times)

MidlifeSquatBench

• View Profile
10mg Test C/Day, Tribestan for Libido and More, Hyperthyroidism and SHBG
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2021, 09:25:21 pm »
Communicated with Emeric and he commented that he'd just go with the daily 10mg instead of 18 mg EOD, which I'd thought was close enough to 10 mg daily. So I made the switch. Not a big deal for me. I happened to have a huge upswing in libido hours after that shot, which is probably coincidental, but worth noting; I went from a 1/10 libido to a 4-5; it's since returned to baseline ~1.

I also found a couple old posts from Emeric about Tribestan boosting libido here and here. I then found an article that debunked any claims of Tribestan's ability to boost testosterone. But it did admit Tribestan may have positive effects on the heart, blood sugar, and libido.

Based on our research into this product, we believe that the effects of Tribestan have been greatly exaggerated – the idea that this supplement can help elevate user testosterone levels is based on absolutely no conclusive scientific evidence, what’s more, the FDA haven’t recognized it as effective for such purposes either.

When analyzing the effectiveness of Tribestand, we’re basically asking the question “does Tribulus Terrestris work?” – this ingredient has been heavily studied, and the overall consensus is that it does not work to increase testosterone in any way, shape, or form. If your ultimate goal was to find a product that would increase your testosterone, then we’re sorry to say that you’ll probably be left disappointed with Tribestan.

Despite this, we did find studies supporting the claims Tribestan can help improve libido, but these “male enhancement” effects will not also improve your erectile quality.

The Pros & Cons Of Tribestan
Below we have listed everything we like and dislike about this test booster:

The Pros
Can help support heart health
May be useful for supporting blood sugar levels
Some studies show it can help improve libido

The Cons
Will not directly and independently “boost testosterone levels”
No evidence to show it will be effective for treating impotence
Unlikely to improve athletic performance
No supporting evidence to suggest Tribestan will support the burning of body fat

I won't introduce it before my next blood work and skew the results of the current protocol. I'm mainly looking for the libido boost here and maybe placebo will be enough.

Found this about thyroid health and levels and SHBG. I'd noticed that when I was hyperthyroid, my SHBG got up to 58.1 nmol/L, 16.5-55.9. When I last tested while euthyroid, it was 31.5 nmol/L, 16.5-55.9. But while on 25 mg EOD, my SHBG got as low as the teens, though at that time I was hypothyroid with TSH 105.79, 0.40-4.50 mIU/L. That 105.79 makes little sense to me, but I'm taking it I was indeed hypothyroid at the time due to possible overmedication with methimazole. This time I'll keep better records of how much I'm taking while on TRT.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7749500/

The SHBG levels are increased in hyper- and decreased in hypothyroid patients, whereas CBG levels are increased in hypo- and decreased in hyperthyroid patients.
The SHBG and CBG concentrations in treated hypo- and hyperthyroid patients were not significantly different from those of euthyroid controls. Our data indicate that SHBG and CBG levels depend on thyroid status.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 10:26:00 pm by MidlifeSquatBench »
46yo, 5'9", 148 lbs
9-11 mg QD, shallow IM
1000mg L-tryptophan

MidlifeSquatBench

• View Profile
First TRT Success?
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2021, 05:13:45 pm »
I woke up with a morning erection for the first time in I don't know how long. Libido seemed to be responsive, too, maybe a 4 or 5/10. This comes on day 10 of my proper TRT journey. I spent the first week at 18mg EOD but the last two days at 10mg QD. I wonder if the switch had anything to do with it, or if this is just the testosterone building up in my system (or just coincidence). It's just nice that after all my fretting, I got the desired result at least once after going so long without.
46yo, 5'9", 148 lbs
9-11 mg QD, shallow IM
1000mg L-tryptophan

Peak Testosterone Forum

First TRT Success?
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2021, 05:13:45 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Starting with Defy and Sharing My Numbers
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2021, 07:34:08 pm »
Good that you're seeing some promising results. Hopefully a sign of things to come. Daily injections will be useful for measuring your dose-response characteristic. It'll be interesting to see how close it is to what's predicted by the earlier reading.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

MidlifeSquatBench

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »
I'm about to finish my third week of TRT. Anxiety is way, way down already, which is a huge relief. The acquired premature ejaculation seems to be dissipating (also taking L-tryptophan for that), and I'm waking up every night to persistent erections, even though morning erections remain hit or miss. Libido is slightly better than where it was, meaning slightly better than zero. I had a couple flareups to 3-4/10, but mostly been cruising at just above zero to maybe 2/10. I'd be happy with a steady ~6/10 eventually. 

Still contemplating whether some combination of clomiphene and nasal testosterone gel will turn out to be the optimal path.
46yo, 5'9", 148 lbs
9-11 mg QD, shallow IM
1000mg L-tryptophan

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2022, 09:39:29 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2022, 12:08:38 pm »
I can echo what you say about anxiety. It was great to have TRT bring it down. Pre-TRT I didn't realize how bad it had become since it came on gradually and became the new normal.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

MidlifeSquatBench

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2022, 07:41:03 pm »
I can echo what you say about anxiety. It was great to have TRT bring it down. Pre-TRT I didn't realize how bad it had become since it came on gradually and became the new normal.
My anxiety was crippling, making it hard to leave the house. TRT has certainly already helped here. It's also helped erection quality and frequency, as well as the acquired premature ejaculation, but it feels like my libido has crashed again. I thought it was starting to gain some altitude on a couple of occasions, but the past few days I feel nothing. This is the middle of week four, and I have to say that there have been sexual improvements, but for erections, not for libido.

I'm worried that I'm unnecessarily screwing up my HPTA, so I am still keen to try nasal gel and maybe enclomiphene.

Other than that, my heart rate, which was already on the high side at 85+ bpm during the day, is now over 100 bpm. My blood pressure seems to be down ever so slightly, within range when I first wake up, but in the pre-hypertension range during the day. At the very least, blood pressure doesn't seem to be getting worse like heart rate is.
46yo, 5'9", 148 lbs
9-11 mg QD, shallow IM
1000mg L-tryptophan

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2022, 12:33:06 pm »
I'm worried that I'm unnecessarily screwing up my HPTA, so I am still keen to try nasal gel and maybe enclomiphene.

Since I go to extreme lengths to simulate a functioning HPTA I hate to see one that's working be deactivated.

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2022, 04:54:29 am »

Since I go to extreme lengths to simulate a functioning HPTA I hate to see one that's working be deactivated.

Absolutely agree with that, I just dumped off a brief interlude with T cream as my previous Clomid protocol which would be better at preserving up and down stream plus god knows what else made me feel a whole lot better this time around than the exogenous T.

I have been on Clomid many times but this last time I tightened up the protocol with AI's and Cabergoline which worked well, this time round I will experiment with other supplement to see if I can titivate it further (libido).
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

MidlifeSquatBench

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2022, 11:47:41 pm »

Absolutely agree with that, I just dumped off a brief interlude with T cream as my previous Clomid protocol which would be better at preserving up and down stream plus god knows what else made me feel a whole lot better this time around than the exogenous T.

I have been on Clomid many times but this last time I tightened up the protocol with AI's and Cabergoline which worked well, this time round I will experiment with other supplement to see if I can titivate it further (libido).

Any floater problems with Clomid?

It looks like the exogenous T has crashed my libido and it's only been a little over four weeks.
46yo, 5'9", 148 lbs
9-11 mg QD, shallow IM
1000mg L-tryptophan

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2022, 04:50:36 am »

Any floater problems with Clomid?

It looks like the exogenous T has crashed my libido and it's only been a little over four weeks.

No knew floaters that's for sure, I have had floaters all my life and my brain has trained itself to not see them unless you really concentrate on it.

I have been on and off Clomid about 4 or 5 times, initially with just 12.5 mg eod but I got much better results on 25 mg eod which I am currently on.
Libido still is not good you really need an AI and I think other things to enhance dopamine.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2022, 04:50:36 am »