Quantcast

Author Topic: Pfizer is not producing Depo Testosterone (T cyp)  (Read 561 times)

RobDog

• View Profile
Pfizer is not producing Depo Testosterone (T cyp)
« on: February 21, 2022, 10:56:01 pm »
Can some help Ive been on Depo Testosterone SubQ for 5 years I was on IM for 18 years ! Now due to this Pandemic they are not making Depo Testosterone .And there are no other TRT sub Q options .They have told  me to go back to IM .Which Im very reluctant to do .We have Reandron/Nebido here can you take this SUB Q in small doses ???

They are not due to make DepoT til October this year!

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pfizer is not producing Depo Testosterone (T cyp)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 01:57:01 am »
The clinical trials have suggested that subcutaneous injections are as effective as IM with regard to TRT. There's nothing special about testosterone cypionate for this; other esters, ranging from propionate to undecanoate, can also be used. The main drawback to testosterone undecanoate / Nebido is the long half-life. Stabilization can take up to months. I take it you don't have access to other brands of cypionate besides Depo Testosterone, nor to testosterone enanthate, which is nearly identical? If you do decide to take Nebido then let me know your previous protocol with cypionate and how often you would inject Nebido. I can make suggestions on a loading dose, etc.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 01:57:01 am »

cujet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 03:34:44 pm »
In the past, I used T Enanthate subQ in the belly. Seemed to work just fine. Twice per week seemed to be adequate for me. T levels were always around 700.
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 07:54:09 am »

Daily low-dose Propionate SQ works for me.  And tuned it so I still make LH snd FSH.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 07:54:09 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 12:44:23 pm »
Daily low-dose Propionate SQ works for me.  And tuned it so I still make LH snd FSH.

I hold you up as an example of how primary hypogonadism should be treated. This tuning to maintain normal HPTA function helps to avoid many possible problems related to suppression.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2022, 07:38:18 am »

The tailored daily dose, besides keeping LH and FSH in the normal range, keeps me in the 550 to 650 total T circadian range which is what it was all my younger life.  Numbers that keep everything working right.
Do I feel better on a higher dose (800 or 900), yes, but it is artificial, not me, not what I have always been.
I think a lot of guys believe that HRT is going to make them feel and think great all the time and when it doesn't, they think they need to increase the dose.  When really, they forgot that they didn't feel and think great all the time when they were young(er).  A lot of life and body factors affect how we think and feel.
I also think that if a guy is 550 or 600 in younger life and then later with HRT, gets into the 900 or 1000 range, it has a negative effect on his heart and other body systems.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:00:40 pm »
My experience is in line with this. I originally thought 800 ng/dL wasn't that high of a serum testosterone level to maintain on TRT. But now that I'm dosing less I can see that the higher level was contributing to problems with sexual function and cognition, and maybe also causing persistent headaches. Athleticism was better at the higher dose, but it's not worth the other problems.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 01:00:40 pm »