Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG protocol  (Read 8864 times)

Kwn

• View Profile
HCG protocol
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »
I just visited a hormone replacement clinic, and upon conversation I am trying HCG with arimidex.  Doctor said that he starts people with 1,000 IUs two to three times a week.  This is based on a2002 American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice for the Evaluation And Treatment of Hypogonadism in Adult Male Patients.  In this document in the section on Gonadotropin Therapy for Induction of Spermatogenesis they actually recommend 1000 to 2000 IUs two to three times a week. 
I also know that dr Crisler recommends no more than 500 IUs on a single day for the danger of desensitizing lh receptors.  I told this to doctor and we agreed to start with 500 IUs per shot twice a week.  Is that reasonable/normal?  Please comment.

Then he said he wants me to do arimidex 0.5 mg twice a day (next day after hcg shot).  He said he wants hcg to start producing t and before estrogen and give arimidex next day when t is being produced.  Is that reasonable/normal?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: HCG protocol
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:27:46 pm »
It's all over the map on here - everything from 500 IU 3X/week to 1500 IU 3X/week.

I have to say one thing.  Based on your earlier reaction, it would seem prudent to slowly ramp up.  You did tell your doc about that initial experience right.

And please let us know how the HCG goes.  You'll be about our fourth guy and it's had mixed results so far.

Also, I've heard the Crisler comment.  He's been around the block, so it would also seem prudent to listen in your case, since I'm sure you have an aversion to straight HRT...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:27:46 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:40:53 pm »
I certainly did tell him about crazy stuff.  He said he did see patients react similarly before.  He believes its estrogen.  Another possible explanation - hormonal shock after being low for long.
He said he is not going by total t, but rather bioavailable.  He shoots for 300 or more.  On estrogen he likes to see teenager numbers (like 15-22).

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:30 pm »
I certainly did tell him about crazy stuff.  He said he did see patients react similarly before.  He believes its estrogen.  Another possible explanation - hormonal shock after being low for long.
He said he is not going by total t, but rather bioavailable.  He shoots for 300 or more.  On estrogen he likes to see teenager numbers (like 15-22).

Interesting!  Well, the steroid guys go crazy when estrogen spikes or crashes, so I'm not surprised.

The bioavailable makes sense.  I like this physician!  Ask if he's fill out (one of my completely free) questionnaires:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hormone_Replacement_Therapy_Doctors
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:08:30 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »
Well, I am not out of woods yet.  When I see real results I will definitely ask him

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:04:57 pm »
Another question to hcg guys - I am plannin to order Pregnyl - this is one of the brand names used most frequently.  Which one do you use- and what is your experience with it?

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 07:26:21 pm »
There is so much I could say about this...too much to fit into a post...I am titrating HCG and have been for 2 months. My thoughts:

1) I lost respect for my nationally renowned urology practice after they normally prescribe everyone 1,500iu/3 times/week with no AI. I lowered the dose substantially and after only a couple of weeks was able to get mid 500s TT/15 free T/74 Estradiol on the lower dose. I could've pushed those nos higher with an AI from the start. Plus, my adrenal glands are still recovering which I believe has pushed down those nos.

2) They then foolishly prescribed Arimidex at 1mg/daily....you read this correctly....1MG/DAILY!!

3) I completely lost respect for them and am switching to Dr Shippen (will see him in mid-July).

4) I had to send a whole file to Dr Shippen with all my doctor's reports/bloodwork and prior to seeing him he wanted me to stick with 500iu/3 x week + 0.5mg/once/wk of Arimidex. I am wondering if I would be better off with 0.5mg/2 x week but I am going to do exactly what the doctor says. However, think about this...I am now using 1/14th of what my existing doctor prescribed. I am also trying to do things like incorporate a lot of broccoli in my diet and just bought 5 lbs for making blended drinks/smoothies (as a natural estrogen blocker).

Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:52:34 pm »
Called local pharmacies.  Nobody carries Pregnyl, one pharmacy has generic HCG, another can order Novarel.  Price are 220 per 10000 IUs.
Any comments are welcome - am I looking in a wrong way?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »
1) I lost respect for my nationally renowned urology practice after they normally prescribe everyone 1,500iu/3 times/week with no AI.
Ouch!  Risky..

I lowered the dose substantially and after only a couple of weeks was able to get mid 500s TT/15 free T/74 Estradiol on the lower dose.
Wow!  Your estradiol was 74 with only mid 500's.  That is one low T/E2 ratio.  Let me guess:  you didn't feel very good?

2) They then foolishly prescribed Arimidex at 1mg/daily....you read this correctly....1MG/DAILY!!
You have got to be kidding?!? 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »