Quantcast

Author Topic: Observations on use of clomid for 3 months  (Read 147 times)

testingtesto

• View Profile
Observations on use of clomid for 3 months
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:38:04 pm »
I am 33 M , borderline diabetic. I was diagnosed with low testosterone(8.2 nmol/L) normal range(8.4 - 28.8) and low sperm count. I also noticed that I wasn't having  harder erections and morning erections.
I started regulating my blood glucose levels strictly, exercise regularly  and got the  hba1c below to 5.7 . I am on  clomid for past 3 months. I have been consistent and regular with the time I take the pill except for couple of days from the past 2 weeks.
After 2 months on Clomid, my erections were better and also started getting strong morning wood too. Now, its almost end of the 3 month cycle that doctor prescribed and I don't have morning erections from past week.
I am going to get a hormonal workup next week . But , want to check if anyone observed the same ?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Observations on use of clomid for 3 months
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 07:26:22 pm »
What is your dose of clomiphene? This drug is often problematic, in part because one of its two components is highly estrogenic. Higher doses make problems more likely. The non-estrogenic component that stimulates testosterone production is called enclomiphene. Until recently this component was available separately in the U.S. Unfortunately it can no longer be sold here.

If you end up looking for some other form of treatment then I recommend looking into a testosterone nasal gel product such as Natesto. The active ingredient is only short-acting testosterone, which minimizes the risk of side effects while not overly suppressing your own natural testosterone production.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 07:26:22 pm »

testingtesto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 07:47:36 pm »
What is your dose of clomiphene? This drug is often problematic, in part because one of its two components is highly estrogenic. Higher doses make problems more likely. The non-estrogenic component that stimulates testosterone production is called enclomiphene. Until recently this component was available separately in the U.S. Unfortunately it can no longer be sold here.

If you end up looking for some other form of treatment then I recommend looking into a testosterone nasal gel product such as Natesto. The active ingredient is only short-acting testosterone, which minimizes the risk of side effects while not overly suppressing your own natural testosterone production.

@Cataceous I am on Clomid 25 mg. We are trying for kids and I am not sure what else do .

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 01:52:27 am »
Clomid will give you the best chance of being fertile. If you can function with it then you might wait until you get a pregnancy before trying something else. However, testosterone nasal gel is always a reasonable option because it generally preserves fertility. In contrast, conventional testosterone replacement therapy usually does not.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 01:52:27 am »

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 10:05:58 am »
I am 33 M , borderline diabetic. I was diagnosed with low testosterone(8.2 nmol/L) normal range(8.4 - 28.8) and low sperm count. I also noticed that I wasn't having  harder erections and morning erections.
I started regulating my blood glucose levels strictly, exercise regularly  and got the  hba1c below to 5.7 . I am on  clomid for past 3 months. I have been consistent and regular with the time I take the pill except for couple of days from the past 2 weeks.
After 2 months on Clomid, my erections were better and also started getting strong morning wood too. Now, its almost end of the 3 month cycle that doctor prescribed and I don't have morning erections from past week.
I am going to get a hormonal workup next week . But , want to check if anyone observed the same ?

I have been on Clomid on and off about 6 times and yes thats a normal experience, 2 months are great but after that the likes of nocturnal erections will start to subside and tend to zero.

The culprit is usually blamed on increasingly elevated Estrogen which builds up to a higher ratio than your Testosterone which gives you these poor outcomes for ED and lower libido.
This even on low doses such as 12.5mg every other day.

At your young age I suspect your dosage is probably too high if its 25mg every day, the younger you are the stronger the effect on Testosterone clomid has. ( 12.5 mg every other day is a good start point)

You probably need to look at your bloods again including Estrogen E2 and also do a sperm test though sperm takes quite a long time to build, 6 months or longer to really get near its peak ( spermatogenous is a slow process).

My last foray into a Clomid protocol was fairly complex using Clomid, anastrozole (AI) and Cabergoline plus a few other vits and supplements, this gave a very good result on 25mg eod ( every other day) with strong nocturnal erections which lasted for about 6 months or so and good T levels and extremely high sperm count ( given I was 61, your dosage seems far too high).

When you get your next blood tests you probably should test for LH and FSH both of which affect fertility and T levels. You should probably test for Prolactin and albumin and SHBG (albumin is helpful for calculating your free T )

I presume your Doc also did a Thyroid panel?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:34:07 am by ghce »
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

testingtesto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 01:49:48 pm »
Clomid will give you the best chance of being fertile. If you can function with it then you might wait until you get a pregnancy before trying something else. However, testosterone nasal gel is always a reasonable option because it generally preserves fertility. In contrast, conventional testosterone replacement therapy usually does not.

Yes, I plan to stay on clomid if my sperm count gets better . I am getting a semen analysis and hormonal workup  next week . Thanks for the suggestion

testingtesto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 02:02:08 pm »

I have been on Clomid on and off about 6 times and yes thats a normal experience, 2 months are great but after that the likes of nocturnal erections will start to subside and tend to zero.

The culprit is usually blamed on increasingly elevated Estrogen which builds up to a higher ratio than your Testosterone which gives you these poor outcomes for ED and lower libido.
This even on low doses such as 12.5mg every other day.

At your young age I suspect your dosage is probably too high if its 25mg every day, the younger you are the stronger the effect on Testosterone clomid has. ( 12.5 mg every other day is a good start point)

You probably need to look at your bloods again including Estrogen E2 and also do a sperm test though sperm takes quite a long time to build, 6 months or longer to really get near its peak ( spermatogenous is a slow process).

My last foray into a Clomid protocol was fairly complex using Clomid, anastrozole (AI) and Cabergoline plus a few other vits and supplements, this gave a very good result on 25mg eod ( every other day) with strong nocturnal erections which lasted for about 6 months or so and good T levels and extremely high sperm count ( given I was 61, your dosage seems far too high).

When you get your next blood tests you probably should test for LH and FSH both of which affect fertility and T levels. You should probably test for Prolactin and albumin and SHBG (albumin is helpful for calculating your free T )

I presume your Doc also did a Thyroid panel?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was stressed all week about ED , but I feel better now assuming it's from clomid. Regarding blood work, I am getting TSH, FSH,LH, Prolactin , Estradiol ,Progesterone , Testosterone   done next week including semen analysis . Hopefully they are better from 4 months ago.

TSH results  from the last blood work are normal : 2.19 mIU/L  (0.32 - 4.00)

Gef

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 12:15:37 am »
Cataceous, when and why is compounded enclomiphene no longer sold in the US? I was unaware of this.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 01:15:21 pm »
Cataceous, when and why is compounded enclomiphene no longer sold in the US? I was unaware of this.

Blame the FDA. This month they removed enclomiphene from the list of substances that may be compounded. Prior to this, even though it wasn't an approved drug, enclomiphene could still be prescribed. No more.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/fda-evaluation-criteria-weighs-against-enclomiphene-citrate-being-added-to-the-503a-bulks-list.25448/
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/threads/is-enclomiphene-being-discontinued.25374/

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 01:15:21 pm »