Quantcast

Author Topic: Did Testosterone Help Your Brain?  (Read 6419 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Did Testosterone Help Your Brain?
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »

Can't prove it, but I base that on the fact that so many guys do quite well with erections, blood pressure, etc. in the 300's and 400's simply because their arteries are still okay.  (Mentally they can really struggle though due to brain fog, depression, loss of libido, etc.)  So this brings up a lot of questions as to how you are going to come up with a plan of attack...

I would say this spot-on described me before TRT with the exception of brain fog and depression.  Substitute Grumpiness and exhaustion in my case for these.  I was ranging from 310 to 380 before TRT and now in the 4 figures I am by far and away better off in every category mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:53:01 pm by PeakT »
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Did Testosterone Help Your Brain?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

I would say this spot-on described me before TRT with the exception of brain fog and depression.  Substitute Grumpiness and exhaustion in my case for these.  I was ranging from 310 to 380 before TRT and now in the 4 figures I am by far and away better off in every category mentioned.

Ditto for me with my primary struggles being brain fog, fatigue and some apathy towards things I should be more passionate about.   Is this depression?  I dont think so...  I think depression tends to be a catch all for many of symtoms low t is causing.  Depression has such a negative conotation.

Of course in my case i am still struggling with these things as i try and get onto a TRT protocol.  I am excited to see hwat the next couple months holds for me as i start on it. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:53:20 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:24:24 pm »
People close to me suggested I go on anti-depresents because my symptoms matched so closely. I too think "depression" is a catch-all for when we don't really know what's going on. T fixed my "anti-depression" (THANK GOD).

pvm21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:07:29 pm »
Im hoping boosting testosterone with clomid helps me break out of this funk of apathy/zombiness.

Depression is a tough term and is very vague

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 05:07:29 pm »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »
The first thing testosterone helped was my brain.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 05:48:44 pm »
Depression is a tough term and is very vague

How about mood then?  The research shows that testosterone is a mood booster in general.  Kinda makes sense, eh?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

samjake

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »
How about memory?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 06:13:04 pm »
The first thing testosterone helped was my brain.

Ditto to that! I felt the endorphin rush almost immediately... and that was with Androgel. I also got an immediate boost in energy as well. The gel didn't pan out after a short period of time but when I finely got on T shots it was also immediate response. This time the endorphin rush was so powerful I thought for sure this had to be illegal.  :)
Of course that massive rush went away over time, but that is mainly because my endorphins are operating at normal levels now.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »
As I mentioned above, I never had brain fog.  However, I am certainly in a better mood in general and I have been attributing this to the removal of the constant exhaustion.

I have also noticed that my memory seems better too.  So there might be something to that.
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »