Quantcast

Author Topic: Test Cypionate + Zinc  (Read 5530 times)

raym

• View Profile
Test Cypionate + Zinc
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:51 pm »
So, as I mentioned in a different thread, I just got a new shipment of meds from the compounding pharmacy.  Along with HCG and Anastrozole (.5mg/ week), it also included my next batch of testosterone.  However, this time it was compounded with zinc - specifically it is 200mg/ml Testosterone Cyp, and 2mg/ml zinc. 

I have read that Zinc can help lower e2.  I wonder if this is why it was included in the testosterone.  Oh - am also curios on what the absorption rate is on oral vs injected zinc.

Ray
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:53:31 am by PeakT »

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Test Cypionate + Zinc
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:34 am »
Hi Ray,

Were you using a TRT clinic or your local doc?  Did the docs tell you about this ahead of time?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:53:21 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:34 am »

raym

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:25:51 am »
Hi Ray,

Were you using a TRT clinic or your local doc?  Did the docs tell you about this ahead of time?

I'm using a trt clinic.  I played phone tag with the Doctor for a week while I was traveling and had horrible cell coverage.  Now the Doc is on vacation, so I probably won't hear back from her for a bit.

I still have enough of my first vial so I will not start the new stuff till we talk.

Ray
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:53:09 am by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:51:43 am »
So, as I mentioned in a different thread, I just got a new shipment of meds from the compounding pharmacy.  Along with HCG and Anastrozole (.5mg/ week), it also included my next batch of testosterone.  However, this time it was compounded with zinc - specifically it is 200mg/ml Testosterone Cyp, and 2mg/ml zinc. 

I have read that Zinc can help lower e2.  I wonder if this is why it was included in the testosterone.  Oh - am also curios on what the absorption rate is on oral vs injected zinc.

Ray

That is interesting!  I'm sure the purpose is for the zinc to act as a natural aromatase inhibitor:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Natural_Estrogen_Blockers (See #2.)

Relatively little zinc in a standard capsule, especially the cheaper ones,  are absorbed.  This is actually probably a healthy way to get it, because I recently read in Blaylocks book that ZMA should be considered an excitotoxin (although it is pretty low dose). 

The only caution that I have is that the brain has been found to be quite sensitive to zinc.  If you get too much it could be hard on neurons.  This doesn't seem unreasonable to me though, but you might want to do a little research. 

Remind me to look up that absorption information for you.  There was a great study done on that where it compared three different forms of zinc.  I probably won't get to it tonight though...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:54:51 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:51:43 am »

raym

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »
So I finally caught up with the Doctor this morning.  The addition of the zinc to the Testosterone is just how this pharmacy compounds the testosterone, not due to the way the Doctor wrote the script.  She thinks it is a good idea, and will help my natural production, so we'll give it a shot (no pun intended). 

I'm only a little more than half way through my first vial of test, so I'm probably looking at 8 - 10 weeks before I start the new stuff.

Ray

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:41:01 pm »