Quantcast

Author Topic: Masterbation - Pre and Post TRT  (Read 9954 times)

Sam

• View Profile
Masterbation - Pre and Post TRT
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:42 pm »
Ok guys a bit of a weird topic here and not something I would normally discuss, but fairly profound for me so I though I would share to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Most of my adult life I have avoided masterbation because afterwards I would get extremely tired and god forbid I did it twice I would be basically catatonic.   I probably started to experience this in my early thirties the most and in business I had to make sure I didn't masterbate the day before meetings or I always felt off.

Well,  you may remember my wife is 7 months pregnant so things have been hit and miss in the bedroom lately so today I just had to take care of business.  Needless to say 5 days after my testosterone injection and I amazingly didnt feel the wall of fatigue at all.  My hypothesis is maybe that since I have low SHBG and low total tesotsterone my body doesnt have the testosterone stores a healthy person would have, so while in a healthy individual masterbation may have no effect, in a hypogonadal male this could be different.  Obviously more could play into this, but I cant be the only guy that experience's this.

For what it is worth,  since my injection I haven't felt a huge change in fatigue, libido or morning erections, but I have noticed an improved sense of mental clarity and mood.   I would say akin to what I felt on pregnenolone but more stable.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Masterbation - Pre and Post TRT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:41:10 pm »
Ok guys a bit of a weird topic here and not something I would normally discuss, but fairly profound for me so I though I would share to see if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Most of my adult life I have avoided masterbation because afterwards I would get extremely tired and god forbid I did it twice I would be basically catatonic.   I probably started to experience this in my early thirties the most and in business I had to make sure I didn't masterbate the day before meetings or I always felt off.

Well,  you may remember my wife is 7 months pregnant so things have been hit and miss in the bedroom lately so today I just had to take care of business.  Needless to say 5 days after my testosterone injection and I amazingly didnt feel the wall of fatigue at all.  My hypothesis is maybe that since I have low SHBG and low total tesotsterone my body doesnt have the testosterone stores a healthy person would have, so while in a healthy individual masterbation may have no effect, in a hypogonadal male this could be different.  Obviously more could play into this, but I cant be the only guy that experience's this.

For what it is worth,  since my injection I haven't felt a huge change in fatigue, libido or morning erections, but I have noticed an improved sense of mental clarity and mood.   I would say akin to what I felt on pregnenolone but more stable.
Interesting theory.  Now right after an O, most guys do go catatonic. But it shouldn't for days..

Anyway, I don't have any prrof or explanation.  Let me know if find omething and I will do the sane.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:41:10 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:52:38 am »
I think a sense of relaxation is normal, but not being so tired you practically pass out and feel like a blob.  I didnt really feel this way after being with my wife, so maybe the oxytocin releases etc counteracted it in those cases, or maybe its just guilt from my catholic upbringing.

While a minor symptom, if this turns out to be consistent then it will be an interesting coorelation.  Of course i probably will never talk about it again.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:56:20 am »
When I was younger I used to do the sleep after sex thing. It would hit me really hard. I guess that's a hormone called prolactin. It doesn't happen the same during masturbation usually, but it can. These days that doesn't really happen and I think I'm mostly the same on TRT as before in regards to that. I didn't have sex for like 7 years before I started TRT though so it's hard to tell!
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:56:20 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:18 am »
I think a sense of relaxation is normal, but not being so tired you practically pass out and feel like a blob.  I didnt really feel this way after being with my wife, so maybe the oxytocin releases etc counteracted it in those cases, or maybe its just guilt from my catholic upbringing.

While a minor symptom, if this turns out to be consistent then it will be an interesting coorelation.  Of course i probably will never talk about it again.

This is yet another example as to how the brain component of erections is WAY understudied...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

ALAR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:38:05 am »
I didn't have sex for like 7 years before I started TRT though so it's hard to tell!

This comment struck a chord with me.  And, I think a lot of men also end up walking this road, but never speak on it whatsoever.  To be blunt, most women would never understand why...mostly because they have the option of grabbing a partner whenever they deem appropriate.  After all, they have it and we want it.  Unless you look like Cary Grant, Robert Redford or Hugh Jackman, that is.  Most men don't.

I went for almost a decade with very few, if any, partners for sex.  I went that route for a host of reasons.  I finally stepped back into the world of dating, found someone..it lasted almost a decade and then once again went back on the wagon...going without for another 3-4 years before running into an old flame who hooked me back into riding that horse, like I should have been doing all along.  (I know I saved a lot of $$$ during this period... @,@ )

Did the abstinence help cause a weakening of the core penile muscle(s) which help in good strong ejaculations?  Did it aid in what we call veinous leakage?
Probably... I have no way of measuring.  But, I do know that the URGE TO TRY simply wasn't there and I was thinking like a lot of men...it was just old age, me being over 50.

As far as I'm concerned, it is nothing to be ashamed of.  Only the right woman would ever care enough to change all that, no matter what your situation is.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 05:54:20 am »
I didn't have sex for like 7 years before I started TRT though so it's hard to tell!

This comment struck a chord with me.  And, I think a lot of men also end up walking this road, but never speak on it whatsoever.  To be blunt, most women would never understand why...mostly because they have the option of grabbing a partner whenever they deem appropriate.  After all, they have it and we want it.  Unless you look like Cary Grant, Robert Redford or Hugh Jackman, that is.  Most men don't.

I could probably get sex any time I want too, but I have standards and I don't really want to go that low. I'm just not attracted to the vast majority of women at all. I look around at the people I knew from highschool and I'm relieved that I stayed single.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »
(I know I saved a lot of $$$ during this period... @,@ )

Now that there is funny!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 05:03:54 pm »