Quantcast

Author Topic: food preparation in the Pek Erectile Strength Diet  (Read 4070 times)

foodtech.ed

• View Profile
food preparation in the Pek Erectile Strength Diet
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »
Four weeks ago I read your book Peak Erectile Strength Diet. The book and web site along with your suggestions are excellent! I am a fifty nine year old male and can relate to much of what you have to say. I am also a food scientist, who can also relate to very much of what you have to say.

But there is one part of your book which does concern me: it is the section on food preparation. Much of what I am doing is what you suggest, but I do have concern regarding the suggestion to buy low fat low salt sauces. Most of these items at the grocery store are not low fat or low salt.

What I do is make my own sauces with my own spice ingredients with no salt and no fat. I make big batches (5.8 gallons). It easily lasts for days and I freeze what is left. I use brown rice, quinoa, beans, lots of vegies and a bit of meat. The following are the spice mixes that I prepare:

CAJUN GUMBO
Add Fresh Ginger and 1 heaping tablespoon Minced Garlic.
Paprika: 40 ml.
Black Pepper: 20 ml. 
Cumin: 20 ml.
Ground Mustard: 20 ml.
Thyme: 1 teaspoon.
Oregano: 1 teaspoon.

CHILI CON CARNE
Crushed Chilli Pepper: 2 X 30 ml.
Cumin: 15 ml.
Oregano: 1 teaspoon.
Tomato paste: Two 5 oz. cans.
Cider Vinegar: 200 ml.

CURRY GUMBO
Fenugreek: 60 ml.
Coriander: 30 ml.
Black Pepper: 15 ml. 
Cumin: 15 ml.
Ground Mustard: 10 ml.
Turmeric: 10 ml.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: food preparation in the Pek Erectile Strength Diet
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:33 am »
6 gallons?  Wow - I think I like this bulk approach. 

Okay, I'm gonna try a few of these.  I've always love gumbo, so I've got a feeling I'm gonna love it.

Yeah, and thx for the tip.  You're right:  many (if not most) of the sauces are loaded with salt and it's easy to go overboard...

One mild caution:  I think it would be much better to add real tomato instead of the can of tomato paste to avoid the BPA.  Admittedly, one can every once in awhile probably isn't going to kill you, but at this point, I usually try to play it safe whenever I can afford it...

So question:  I shrewdly noticed that your name your name has 'food' and 'tech' in it.  Without revealing your secret identity, can we ask what you do in the industry?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:50:19 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: food preparation in the Pek Erectile Strength Diet
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:33 am »