Quantcast

Author Topic: HRT (Testosterone) and a Remote Doctor  (Read 9086 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
HRT (Testosterone) and a Remote Doctor
« on: July 22, 2013, 10:25:15 pm »
Your last reply confuses me lol

I was commenting about ways to get testosterone for people whose doc is somewhat far away.  What won't work, of course, is a doc who wants to inject in his/her office and is 100 miles from you. 

But if the doc does

1) self-injecting injections,
2) pellets and/or
3) patches

and is 100 miles away, then that's workable.  You basically just have to meet with him for monitoring and consultations.  Hopefully, some of the guys will discuss how you can do monitoring.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:10:57 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
Re: HRT (Testosterone) and a Remote Doctor
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »
No estradiol is non-sensitive but in another thread there is a discussion of difference between sensitive and regular.  Sensitive can accurately detect low readings of E , other than that the two are similar.  So if you suspect high E regular test should do the trick.  Lh and fsh both are probably close to zero for everyone on trt so it has low value.

Right,  I read that thread.  I guess they are using LabCorp then.   Its hard to tell from the site.   True on the LH and FSH.   I am so new to TRT, I was thinking of testing to see where they are at and for $59.00 its a good deal.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »
Yes, they do use LabCorp.  You pick the labcorp closest to you, and place order.  An hour later you receive email with order approval.  You log in, download and print lab orders.  Go to labcorp, do the test.  Next day you receive email that results are ready.  Log in to your account, and download results.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:46 pm »
So you don't need dr orders to get test done?? If that's the case couldn't I just walk into my local lab corp and pay for the test on the spot?
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:46 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
No, this is crazy part.  LabCorp does not allow you to just come in, pay, and get tested.  I do not know why, its is just a corporate policy.  So you need MD orders.  When you order online, papers which you print out are ordered by an MD.

Also, if your doctor would order these tests, you probably end up paying for them more than $60, even with insurance.  Somehow this web site negotiated a deal with LabCorp, it seems.  Maybe its 'packaging' multiple tests together, which gets a 'group discount'.  I do not know for sure.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »
Interesting..
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 11:23:03 pm »
No, this is crazy part.  LabCorp does not allow you to just come in, pay, and get tested.  I do not know why, its is just a corporate policy.  So you need MD orders.  When you order online, papers which you print out are ordered by an MD.

Also, if your doctor would order these tests, you probably end up paying for them more than $60, even with insurance.  Somehow this web site negotiated a deal with LabCorp, it seems.  Maybe its 'packaging' multiple tests together, which gets a 'group discount'.  I do not know for sure.

I think all of these sites have a doctor on staff that the order is placed with.  In California it's the law that a doctor must order diagnostic tests so this is the way they get around it.  LEF.org is the same way.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:32 pm »
Yes, but I am wondering why the price is low. The whole battery of test for $50

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:38 am »

I think all of these sites have a doctor on staff that the order is placed with.  In California it's the law that a doctor must order diagnostic tests so this is the way they get around it.  LEF.org is the same way.

Woo hoo!  There is still some freedom in America.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 02:36:16 am »
I am sure there are the powers that be that would like to change it so we do not have the ability to run diagnostics on ourslves.   I can think of a few endos at Kaiser that probably feel this way about me.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:33 am »
I am sure there are the powers that be that would like to change it so we do not have the ability to run diagnostics on ourslves.   I can think of a few endos at Kaiser that probably feel this way about me.

I will bet you 95% of docs feel this way. 

Also, I posted this here as a resource: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hormone_Replacement_Therapy_Doctors
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:58:07 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:33 am »