Quantcast

Author Topic: First Time Injecting Cypionate  (Read 4545 times)

kregger

• View Profile
First Time Injecting Cypionate
« on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:08 pm »
So today my doctor prescribed at home injections of Cypionate for six weeks.  His nurse gave me the first shot today, so I should be good for the next 4-7 days before I have to get my prescription filled.  The nurse tried to explain and show me how to do it myself, but it was harder than I expected.  Poking myself in the ass isn't that hard, but it requires a lot of pressure to push the syringe down (i thought that'd be the easiest part).  She said I'd need to draw with an 18 gauge needle and inject with a 22. 

Does this sound correct to those of you that self inject?  Did I misunderstand?  Also, do I get these needles at my local pharmacy (Walgreens)? I've got a few days to research this before I get my prescription filled, but any info or tips is greatly appreciated.
1st Labs:
Total Testosterone: 497 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 6.1 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 204.2 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 9.8 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 16.2 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

Started 25mg daily Clomid (through Defy Medical) on 11/03/16

2nd Labs:
Total Testosterone: 962 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 12.0 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 377.5 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 11.4 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 26.1 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

Ken

• View Profile
Re: First Time Injecting Cypionate
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:59:05 am »
So today my doctor prescribed at home injections of Cypionate for six weeks.  His nurse gave me the first shot today, so I should be good for the next 4-7 days before I have to get my prescription filled.  The nurse tried to explain and show me how to do it myself, but it was harder than I expected.  Poking myself in the ass isn't that hard, but it requires a lot of pressure to push the syringe down (i thought that'd be the easiest part).  She said I'd need to draw with an 18 gauge needle and inject with a 22. 

Does this sound correct to those of you that self inject?  Did I misunderstand?  Also, do I get these needles at my local pharmacy (Walgreens)? I've got a few days to research this before I get my prescription filled, but any info or tips is greatly appreciated.

Bro, I have experimented in great detail on the question you ask.  Here is what I recommend to save you the trouble of learning it for yourself:

Use anything larger than 22 gauge to draw (18 is fine).  Inject with 25 gauge!  Trust me on this.  Less trauma to the injection area.  However the 25 gauge only is practical if your needle length is 1".  If you are carrying around a few too many extra ponds and need the 1-1/2" needle, then use a 23 gauge needle to inject.

If you are self injecting, it is much more feasible to inject in upper outer quad than glut.  Like you said, the easy part is sticking the needle in the glut, but holding the needle still while pressing the syringe plunger is difficult at best.

Lastly if you use the smaller needle size (25 gauge) it will take a little longer to drain the syringe, but only about 20 to 25 seconds.  In the end you will have less risk of Charlie horse by using the smaller size.

Oh, and also, if you do the shot in the quad I recommend you hold a moderate amount of constant pressure with you palm over the injection site after you pull out for about 2 minutes.  Don't massage it.  Just apply pressure like you are trying to stop bleeding.  This will greatly reduce the risk and level of the next day Charlie horse.

Good Luck and welcome to the club!
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 03:59:05 am »

adam1973

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:45:09 am »

Bro, I have experimented in great detail on the question you ask.  Here is what I recommend to save you the trouble of learning it for yourself:

Use anything larger than 22 gauge to draw (18 is fine).  Inject with 25 gauge!  Trust me on this.  Less trauma to the injection area.  However the 25 gauge only is practical if your needle length is 1".  If you are carrying around a few too many extra ponds and need the 1-1/2" needle, then use a 23 gauge needle to inject.

If you are self injecting, it is much more feasible to inject in upper outer quad than glut.  Like you said, the easy part is sticking the needle in the glut, but holding the needle still while pressing the syringe plunger is difficult at best.

Lastly if you use the smaller needle size (25 gauge) it will take a little longer to drain the syringe, but only about 20 to 25 seconds.  In the end you will have less risk of Charlie horse by using the smaller size.

Oh, and also, if you do the shot in the quad I recommend you hold a moderate amount of constant pressure with you palm over the injection site after you pull out for about 2 minutes.  Don't massage it.  Just apply pressure like you are trying to stop bleeding.  This will greatly reduce the risk and level of the next day Charlie horse.

Good Luck and welcome to the club!

Listen to ken.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:30 am »
If you look near the bottom of this thread, you'll see a list of different threads on similar self-injecting topics that may help you out:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1770.0
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:55:30 am »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:27 am »
This IM injection protocol has some good photos

http://www.drugs.com/cg/how-to-give-an-intramuscular-injection.html
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:41:35 am by Sam »

Peak Testosterone Forum