Quantcast

Author Topic: Your Woman and HRT  (Read 6722 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Your Woman and HRT
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:08:19 pm »
Just curious: 

What have your wives and girlfriends thought of you going on HRT?  Have you scared them?   ;D  Put a smile on their face? 

My wife has been happy for me but pretty quiet about it.  The one thing she did not like was when I was on the topicals:  it just seemed to risky to her and I have to say that I agree.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has any interesting stories?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

alienshadow

• View Profile
Re: Your Woman and HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »
I haven't had any for almost a year now :(
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 07:25:23 pm »
Topicals are off the table for me having two daughters.  My wife is ok with HRT, though the other day she watched me shoot cypionate, she said - poor you.  Sticking this 1 inch big-ass needle in your leg is somewhat scary.  Apparently she made her peace with it.  She views it no differently from diabetic people shooting insulin.  I am different story though.  I still cannot believe this horrifying crap happened to me.  Until the age of 40 I did not have concerns, and visited doctors only when I got strep throat.  I did not even do physicals.  And it all changed literally overnight, now I am struggling to regain my life back, which was taken away so swiftly.

Sometimes I think - what would I do differently if I knew years ago that my testosterone is deficient?  Probably the doctor will say - your T is low.  So what?  I do not feel very badly, considering other circumstances.  Do I have a gyno?  Yes, but it was going on for probably about 12-14 years, I got used to it - it probably comes from overeating.  Do I have excess weight?  Sure, but it probably comes from eating a lot, lack of physical activity.  Do I have sleep problems?  Sure, but they probably come from a toddler who made my life a living hell in the last 5 years.

I had no idea it comes from a dangerous hormone deficiency.  But what would I do differently if I knew?  Would I go on a diet?  Probably.  Would I be physically active?  Yes.  Would I go on hormone replacement back then?  Well, I am not so sure.  My sex life was in good shape until it hit hard.  So, going on a T therapy, risking to wreck it all, with uncertain outcome - I probably would not do it back then.  But it seems that once you are on this downward pointing trajectory - you can delay the therapy, but probably you will not escape it.  Like my first urologist said - whatever you do, you will come see me again.  It may happen in a year or in 10 years, but you will need T replacement eventually.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:28:58 pm by Kwn »

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »
Hi Kwn,
I decided to embrace it whole-heartedly. I am working out intensly and I'm the strongest I've ever been with the most muscle mass. I gave up wheat, and I'm working hard to have regular sleep habits. While I NEED the T, it bums me out if I focus on the need. I try to convince myself that I am luck to get this extra boost - who wouldn't benefit from an extra boost of T in their 40s? I think of it mentally as a "competitive advantage" in life. :)
It's up to me to make the most out of that extra boost, and that's where I'm keeping my head...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:08 am »
Topicals are off the table for me having two daughters.  My wife is ok with HRT, though the other day she watched me shoot cypionate, she said - poor you.  Sticking this 1 inch big-ass needle in your leg is somewhat scary.  Apparently she made her peace with it.  She views it no differently from diabetic people shooting insulin.  I am different story though.  I still cannot believe this horrifying crap happened to me.  Until the age of 40 I did not have concerns, and visited doctors only when I got strep throat.  I did not even do physicals.  And it all changed literally overnight, now I am struggling to regain my life back, which was taken away so swiftly.

Sometimes I think - what would I do differently if I knew years ago that my testosterone is deficient?  Probably the doctor will say - your T is low.  So what?  I do not feel very badly, considering other circumstances.  Do I have a gyno?  Yes, but it was going on for probably about 12-14 years, I got used to it - it probably comes from overeating.  Do I have excess weight?  Sure, but it probably comes from eating a lot, lack of physical activity.  Do I have sleep problems?  Sure, but they probably come from a toddler who made my life a living hell in the last 5 years.

I had no idea it comes from a dangerous hormone deficiency.  But what would I do differently if I knew?  Would I go on a diet?  Probably.  Would I be physically active?  Yes.  Would I go on hormone replacement back then?  Well, I am not so sure.  My sex life was in good shape until it hit hard.  So, going on a T therapy, risking to wreck it all, with uncertain outcome - I probably would not do it back then.  But it seems that once you are on this downward pointing trajectory - you can delay the therapy, but probably you will not escape it.  Like my first urologist said - whatever you do, you will come see me again.  It may happen in a year or in 10 years, but you will need T replacement eventually.

Replace Kwn with Sam and you've got the same story here including the kids.   No Gyno yet so hopefully I can avoid that.  Kwn,  did you have Gyno before HRT?

My wife is supportive, she has had her own health problems and still struggles from teenage anorexia nervosa.   I think as adults we realize curveballs come in all different forms and you just stick to the game plan and do what you need to to support each other and be good parents.   

tmark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 10:22:07 am »
My wife is supportive unconditionally & realized after going on Dr's visits with me that its just the process of age.  I'm blessed in that 3 years ago I weighed 335 lbs & she weighed 250lbs, together we both lost 90+ lbs  together.   When signs of ED during relations showed up, she thought it was her, I thought it was me until I went and got bloodwork.  Now with it being addressed, all is well thus.
6/13 PRE TRT levels 116
7/18/13  Started Testopel
8/19/13 1st month test level - 1207
9/30/13 3rd month Test level - 745
10/15/13  - 494

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:30:28 pm »
My wife is enjoying our new life.  I have become all hands while on T.  It usually starts with a back rub while we watch TV in bed.  When I touch that spot on her side where the hip curves in to the waist itís like flicking a switch.  I enjoyed going downtown before but now more so.  She was surprised after our first time on T just a few minutes later I told her I wanted to go again, if she could just lay there and look good Iíll take care of myself.  She was surprised and flattered.  On the occasional weekend thatís how Iíll wake her.  I would like it more often, but she has Lupus, which keeps her down a lot.  One other side effect of T for me is excessive pre-ejaculate.  Thinking about it just now and I am already wet.  I suspect PeakT will make those last two sentences a new topic.  Itís not a problem for me though.
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.
Injecting 1ml of Cypionate every 12 days, 9/18/13 Peak T level is 1030!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »
My wife is enjoying our new life.  I have become all hands while on T.  It usually starts with a back rub while we watch TV in bed.  When I touch that spot on her side where the hip curves in to the waist itís like flicking a switch.  I enjoyed going downtown before but now more so.  She was surprised after our first time on T just a few minutes later I told her I wanted to go again, if she could just lay there and look good Iíll take care of myself.  She was surprised and flattered.  On the occasional weekend thatís how Iíll wake her.  I would like it more often, but she has Lupus, which keeps her down a lot.  One other side effect of T for me is excessive pre-ejaculate.  Thinking about it just now and I am already wet.  I suspect PeakT will make those last two sentences a new topic.  Itís not a problem for me though.

Well, we'll just leave it at that.  But, yes, I think guys tend to get more tactile and less visual as they age.  At least I've heard a few guys comment along those lines...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

phatphish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »
Been reading this sight for awhile, but first time posting. Been on HRT for 2 years. Started out with Androgel, but after about a year it quit working for me. Been on injections ever since. I'm a whimp! My wife stabs me weekly. I've been on the little blue pill for about 12 years. T makes it work better, but I still have to use it. I think my wife likes me better on T. She had a total hysterectomy a few years ago, and the estrogen the DR.'s push makes her worse. So she has very little libido. By the way, I'm secondary hypogonadal due to a Pituitary tumor I had to have surgically removed about 2 years ago. My wife says she likes things once we get started.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »