Quantcast

Author Topic: Did you know that President JFK was on 'roids?!  (Read 12829 times)

davie12

• View Profile
Did you know that President JFK was on 'roids?!
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:58:46 am »
I'm sort of a history buff in my spare time (I know...nerd  :o)...but I thought this would be interesting to share. I've been reading a lot about the adrenals due to my own situation. I keep coming across references to John F Kennedy, who was the most famous person to have Addison's disease. Addison's is where the adrenal glands fail to produce cortisol in sufficient quantities due to an autoimmune disorder. It's kind of like the thyroid's equivalent of Hashimoto's. Anyway, even though he always appeared like this youthful, fit, energetic kind of guy, he was in horrible health. In addition to these endocrine problems (he had hypothyroidism in addition to Addison's), he had severe back problems and had to take powerful opioids for the pain. You'd think a guy in this condition couldn't get it up, but all you ever heard was that he bedded every Hollywood starlet of that era. Anyway, it turns out he was taking steroids, specifically "...10 milligrams of methyltestosterone daily.." per the article below:

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/sep/05/science/sci-jfk-addisons5

I assume this 10mg/daily is what made him so virile (even without a dose of Arimidex  ;D). Also, I read somewhere else that when they did his autopsy, his adrenal glands were practically non-existent, I assume due to atrophy, as the hydrocortisone he took probably caused the adrenals to wither away due to lack of function.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:00:35 am by davie12 »
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Kwn

• View Profile
Re: Did you know that President JFK was on 'roids?!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:10:12 am »
Sometimes I wonder how many known people are on testosterone.  It is pretty obvious that all bodybuilders use them (Sly, Arnold, etc)  regardless of they admit it or not.  Brittish singer Robbie Williams admitted he is on cypionate.  I am sure its much much more than that.  But you do not see these people coming out of closet and admitting it, even as a publicity stunt.  And you cannot blame them.

This is partly what kills my spirit.  I am open with my wife, she knows exactly what is going on.  But I cannot share it with anyone else, even parents.  What I am going to tell them?  I lost sex drive and good part of orgasmic sensation?  This is not something you discuss in the open, even with the close family.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:10:12 am »

bzarfas

• View Profile
    • http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Enemies
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:20:55 am »
Sometimes I wonder how many known people are on testosterone.  It is pretty obvious that all bodybuilders use them (Sly, Arnold, etc)  regardless of they admit it or not.  Brittish singer Robbie Williams admitted he is on cypionate.  I am sure its much much more than that.  But you do not see these people coming out of closet and admitting it, even as a publicity stunt.  And you cannot blame them.

This is partly what kills my spirit.  I am open with my wife, she knows exactly what is going on.  But I cannot share it with anyone else, even parents.  What I am going to tell them?  I lost sex drive and good part of orgasmic sensation?  This is not something you discuss in the open, even with the close family.

I sorry, but why do you think of it as a problem that you cannot discurss your health issue with people?
 People don't really care,  how many people's health problems do you want to hear about?
I dont want to hear about people's problems or what they do in their personal life.

It reminds of me of car commercial that tells me I can learn what other people paid for their cars...Why do I care what other people paid?  Why do I care to know who is using HRT or not?  I like this site for the science facts, not anecdotal stories, right?

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:16 am »
What I meant is family.  I am sure my mother would take it very close to heart.  And when I am losing hope (which happens a lot lately) it would make things much easier if I sound it out.  But I cannot - the nature of this condition is so delicate, I cannot share it even with close relatives.  If, god forbid, I had diabetes, I would just say it, and we grief, but not this one...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:16 am »

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 03:35:11 am »

I know my situation is a little different than most people in here due to the origin of my T issues, however, here is what I say if describing this to someone. I just say that I have some endocrine issues/hormonal imbalances that I'm dealing with. Nobody really questions the gory details when you say it like that. If they do, I just say that certain hormones such as DHEA, estrogen, testosterone, etc. are being normalized through medication and supplements. No one (except my close male friends) go into the details as to whether your penis tip is still sensitive or if you are still getting erect.  ;D

Incidentally, regarding celebrities...
Arnold has 1 testicle. Google that and you'll find out more about that. I would guess he's on some kind of TRT at this point. He probably damaged his system from earlier overuse of 'roids, especially as he's had heart surgery and broke his femur skiing...that is most difficult bone in the human body to break. He probably has some kind of osteopenia.

Lance Armstrong has 1 testicle and his body was immersed in radiation and chemo, and he was able to have 2 kids naturally (beyond his first 3 kids where his sperm was frozen). He was also a ladies man after going through all that. He's got to be on some kind of TRT in addition to other things after his body went through all that.

I think there's more people out there with issues than you would think.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 03:41:06 am »

I sorry, but why do you think of it as a problem that you cannot discurss your health issue with people?
 People don't really care,  how many people's health problems do you want to hear about?
I dont want to hear about people's problems or what they do in their personal life.

It reminds of me of car commercial that tells me I can learn what other people paid for their cars...Why do I care what other people paid?  Why do I care to know who is using HRT or not?  I like this site for the science facts, not anecdotal stories, right?

Jesus Christ, man....loosen up. A lot of people are on here to support each other emotionally. Take the discussion threads that are science based and get what you want out of them, but let people help each other get through their health problems. Don't mess up the vibe in here... >:(

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 04:11:48 am »
That is interesting about JFK.  According to Casey Butt, steroids didn't enter the picture at all in the bodybuilding world until the early 60's and then it was limited:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/interview-with-casey-butt-part-1.html

So JFK was on the cutting edge!

Anyway, my parents know and my wife knows and that's it.  I think my kids know, because they know I go for a shot every week.  But they don't care cuzz their mind isn't on this planet anyway:  they're thinking about girls, video games and/or superheroes depending on their age...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 04:14:58 am »

I don't think you mean to do this, but you come across like a grumpy old guy that's pissed at the world.  I kinda feel like you want to start each of your sentences with "Well, you morons and douche bags did it again, so let me set you straight by pointing out that..."
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

bzarfas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:27 am »

I don't think you mean to do this, but you come across like a grumpy old guy that's pissed at the world.  I kinda feel like you want to start each of your sentences with "Well, you morons and douche bags did it again, so let me set you straight by pointing out that..."

HOLY COW!
No, I did not mean to be such a punk ass at all...

I had been talking to friends about the news on tv talking about the "royal baby" and we were all so annoyed by the news going on and on about that, that is NOT news...there are so much worse things going on, apparently it really got into my head,,,and we were drinking,,,not a lot, but I had a bit
I apologize guys, really I was not in the correct state of mind now I gotta get to work...

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 02:01:06 pm »

I was embarrassed in the beginning.  I remember telling my cousin about my wife's health problems then said and on top of all that my doc gave me a script for Testosterone.  He started laughing, raised his hand and said he was taking it.  He has a whole group of friends taking it. 

Now I talk about it all the time, probably too much.  Not the sexual side effects, but the overall benefit.  Since an endocrinologist helped my wife so much I have been telling people just how important they are. 
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.
Injecting 1ml of Cypionate every 12 days, 9/18/13 Peak T level is 1030!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 03:50:04 pm »

I was embarrassed in the beginning.  I remember telling my cousin about my wife's health problems then said and on top of all that my doc gave me a script for Testosterone.  He started laughing, raised his hand and said he was taking it.  He has a whole group of friends taking it. 

Now I talk about it all the time, probably too much.  Not the sexual side effects, but the overall benefit.  Since an endocrinologist helped my wife so much I have been telling people just how important they are.

That's great!  You know me:  I'd love to see HRT and anti-aging topics socially acceptable...

bzarfas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »

I think I understand somewhat.
I live in a different family situation,  No we do not talk about sex, I was given a book about where babies come from.
But we talk about our health openly.  My dad has low T.  He is awaiting blood work back.
I was talking to my parents about my Testosterone status and they were shocked, mostly because I am very hairy and not fat.

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 08:13:29 pm »
I'm glad I found this forum.  The others were Hanz and Franz forums where they called each other bro all the time, also found one for transsexuals.  Seems like good, clean conversation here.  Sexuality is discussed but in a mature dialog. 
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.
Injecting 1ml of Cypionate every 12 days, 9/18/13 Peak T level is 1030!

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »
I'm glad I found this forum.  The others were Hanz and Franz forums where they called each other bro all the time, also found one for transsexuals.  Seems like good, clean conversation here.  Sexuality is discussed but in a mature dialog.

Welcome to the forum.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »

We're pretty well-behaved.  And, if we get out of line, you can just let us know...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »