Quantcast

Author Topic: Please help me understand & use this T-Cyp scrip I just filled  (Read 5237 times)

Mojo88

• View Profile
Please help me understand & use this T-Cyp scrip I just filled
« on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:46 pm »
So, I got my new scrip filled. It says I have a "30 day Supply", using .5 mL, once per week. They gave me a 10 mL bottle. So, if I do the math I can see that is actually 20 doses, which means I actually have a 20-week supply, not just one month? Am I misunderstanding something here????

Here's a pic:

Regarding dosing, here's the needles (pic below) they gave me (I bought 10). Are there any special instructions for this, or do I just pull out a measured .5 mL, evacuate the air, swab my thigh and then stab and inject?

Here's the needle:

Thanks very much for any help,

Dave F. in Rhode Island

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:25:52 pm by Mojo88 »

raym

• View Profile
Re: Please help me understand & use this T-Cyp scrip I just filled
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »
So, I got my new scrip filled. It says I have a "30 day Supply", using .5 mL, once per week. They gave me a 10 mL bottle. So, if I do the math I can see that is actually 20 doses, which means I actually have a 20-week supply, not just one month? Am I misunderstanding something here????

Here's a pic:

Regarding dosing, here's the needles (pic below) they gave me (I bought 10). Are there any special instructions for this, or do I just pull out a measured .5 mL, evacuate the air, swab my thigh and then stab and inject?

Here's the needle:

Thanks very much for any help,

Dave F. in Rhode Island

Hello Dave,

A couple of us participated on a self-injecting thread a while back:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1419.0

Regarding the 30 day supply, I had a similar question a while ago.  I thin it boils
down to how long the bottle is "good" after you broach the seal. 

Ray

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:54:06 pm »
You should follow up on this if you have insurance - I mean the days supply - and make sure it will not be an issue for you.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »
I would think it is a column on every label printed and they just put something in there.  Probably some insurance thing they have to put a number, as in you can refill after thirty days.  I will look next time we get some refills.
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.
Injecting 1ml of Cypionate every 12 days, 9/18/13 Peak T level is 1030!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:18:19 pm »

Mojo88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »

Hello Dave,

Regarding the 30 day supply, I had a similar question a while ago.  I thin it boils

Ray

Thanks Ray! That's a great thread......  ;)

Dave

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:57:45 pm »
I think its a standard thing with pharmacys.
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:29 pm »
Mojo, the concentrations  on this is 100mg/ml so at 0.5ml you are at 50mg per week of test Cyp.

Is this what your doctor wants you on.  I am moving to 100mg/ml injection 1ml per week to see if it flattens my dose curve.   50mg/week might not be a bad starting point but make sure you get your blood tested to see how your body is adjusting to this dose, testosterone and e2.

If my E2 levels are still high on the 1ml injection I might start splitting this into two weekly injections of 50mg.

Btw,  regarding your question about plow to inject.  You really should be walked through it by a nurse at your doctors office.   At a minimum watch the YouTube videos.   I have been self injecting into my vendor gluteal muscle and fond it pretty easy to reach around and poke.   You need to make sure you have an 18 ga needle to draw and a 22ga or higher needle to inject.   I am using 1.5inch 22ga to inject VG but most people use a 1" or 1.25" to inject in the quads, depending on how much fat you have in that area.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:22:58 pm by Sam »

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »
1. I get two months out of a bottle.
2. I have heard nothing of it going bad. My pharmacist said it can get hot (I needed to leave it in my car for a few hours), but that if it gets cold it loses it's mojo (I can't spell efficacy right I think lol)
3. Your doctor should have walked you through the injection procedure. Mine was adamant and made me do it at the office once before he wrote the script. Be sure to aspirate the needle (see online) EVERY TIME to avoid injecting in a vein or artery. I hear this is very rare (I haven't hit one), but not worth the rist to skip the step.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
Here is some info about the shelf life of cypionate:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Cypionate_Shelf_Life
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 04:50:49 am »

Hello Dave,

Ray

Thanks Ray! That's a great thread......  ;)

Dave

Just a comment,  most sterile vials are filled through the septa I beleive.   In other words the septa are self sealing so the vials are manufactured in a sterile environment where the tops are put on.  The solution is then injected into the vials.   So as long as you use a sterile needle in a proper way the risk of contaminating the vial is very small.  I.e. don't cough on your syringe before you put it in the vial.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 04:50:49 am »