Quantcast

Author Topic: Just beginning my low t journey  (Read 22067 times)

Envious1320

• View Profile
Re: Just beginning my low t journey
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
I know low T is miserable and so you have to do what you have to do.  My only comment, though, is that, if you are int'd, other options may very well work for you besides just straight HRT.  Not that there is anything wrong with HRT - it's well-studied and looks good so far in the research to date.  But I'm just pointing out that a good endo or urologist may be able to get you going w/ Clomid or HCG.

I am pretty much open to anything that will get me back to feeling like myself :) I will look into to Clomid and HCG as I do want the best option. Thanks for your help and in helping me understand.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »
The "brain fog" seems to be the one getting worse along with how tired I feel. I have never had any sort of anxiety but it is creeping up on me and my memory or lack there of is also very bad. Just thought I would re mention some of the symptoms here is a list of everything that I currently experiencing.

-Fatigue or decreased energy
-Reduced sex drive
-Sexual dysfunction
-Depressed mood
-Increased body fat especially around mid section
-Reduced muscle mass and strength
-Thinning of facial hair
-Anxiety
-"Brain Fog"

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »
I am pretty much open to anything that will get me back to feeling like myself :) I will look into to Clomid and HCG as I do want the best option. Thanks for your help and in helping me understand.

Well, I like pure HRT because bioidenical T is about as natural of a molecule as you can get imo.  HCG is just so powerful that it's a little scary to me, but talk to your doc - I'm sure with enough experience they know how to handle it.  And Clomid is a pharmaceutical no matter how you slice it. 

Anyway, if you've poked around here, you know most of the basic issues and can discuss with your doc.  Let us know how it goes...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »
Alright so my next appointment is talk about side effects of using testosterone, sounds like I may be getting close. I have done some of my own research on this but got any major bullet points of interest?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 07:08:31 pm »
Nope.  Btw, even though it's not that common, I would write down all your q's and make sure he/she answers you with an understandable explanation on each.  It's easy to forget something important if you don't...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »
Really my only worry is that he going to put me on a program like 200mg every 2 weeks which i fear will cause me peaks and valleys. Just have to wait and see i guess. Thanks for you help.

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »
You need to let the qwak know that he should consider keeping your balls alive with small interval doses of hcg around twice a week 100-300 iu.  E2 management should be discussed as well. Also I would recommend him writing a script for a vial of 10ml 200mg/ml test cypionate so you can do your own injections. You do not under any circumstances want to have to rely on the qwak's staff to give you your shot once every two weeks. It's not that 200 mg every two weeks is bad and one would seem to think from a qwak perspective ( typically dumbfounded in regards to HRT) that if 100mg a week is enough to put you in a decent range than 200 for two weeks should be enough for two weeks. Well here is where the qwak is wrong. It won't be enough frequency in the injections to keep stable levels which is what one should go for with the correct dosage. You will get a strong peak at the beggining of the shot and it will quickly metabolize and taper to nothing by the time of the second week has passed and it's time for another poke.  ::) These silly, little "docs" for some reason think that testosterone esters have a magical half life that is different from other medications they prescribe.It's part of the whole demonization of testosterone the media has conveneiently conjured up for ratings. They will gladly promote baseball players who are obviously juicing and hitting homeruns out of the park for ratings and then when it's time they will gladly chastise them when they get in trouble over some BS congress litigates. (don't get me started on govt.) Anyway back to my point, doctors just don't want to see it logically with testosterone as opposed to other drugs ( well T isn't really a drug though is it, it's a naturally occuring hormone that the FDA conveniently deemed a drug) and their half lives. They are so scared of it because of the media that it blinds them from being able to administer it properly. You should be injecting at least one a week if he presribes cypionate and that will typically be 100-150 mg depending on how your body metabolizes it. Most forums where TRT vets post talk about injecting once every 3-4 days. This keeps stable levels due to the half life of the ester. You will more than likely as you stated before go through the peaks and valleys with just one biweekly injection. So in the reality of half lives which doctors just don't know about, you could rightfully expect to feel good for around 6 days after your injection to quicly feeling not so good until your next shot 8 more days away.  :-\ There is also reasoning behind the multiple injections at smaller doses that E2 levels do not spike or have a tendency to with the larger less infrequent injections. I would also discuss with him the use of a gel or compounded cream and not one that is 1% either. I hear it all too often that guys who use a 1% cream/gel start to feel worse than they did before using the cream. They go back to the doc for a follow up lab and their T is lower than it was before using the 1% cream/gel...lol  All a 1% gel/cream does is shut down your HPTA with no added benefit. My dad for instance uses a 1% androgel and has been using it for a couple of months and hasn't felt a thing. I told him to demand the qwak give him at least a 5% gel to start with.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »
First off FightLowT always enjoy your posts man. Second got back from the doc mri results are no tumors. Wanted to run tests one more time and here are the results.

TESTOSTERONE 301ng/dL (286-1510 ng/dL)
INSULIN LIKE GF 1 150ng/mL (117 - 329ng/mL)
TSH 1.66uIU/mL (0.30 - 4.70uIU/mL)
FSH 1.2mIU/mL (1.4 -18.1 mIU/mL)
LH 1.5mIU/mL (1.5 -9.3 mIU/mL)

Any thoughts on these results?  Hopefully this is the last set of tests as this is my 3rd low testosterone blood test. Still leaning toward secondary Hypogonadism.

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »
Envious1320, looks like secondary to me... but I'll let the knowledgeable people weigh in.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 06:20:48 pm »
As some of my friends who are involved with radio would say "You got weak signal man". I would have to think this is clearly a secondary condition. The labs are not suggesting anything otherwise. Don't despair. If anything look at it from a positive perspective that your testes are still able to make that amount of testosterone with such a little degree of LH. Based on all the cases I have read about, my own personal experience, and research I have looked over it would appear that before hcg be considered as a treatment option that first a restart type of protocol or priming of your hpta should occur first. If I was the doctor and man I really wish I was ( so I could effectively help you guys) I would try a clomid (clomiphene citrate) treatment which would theoretically stimulate your hypothalamus to secrete more gnrh and the pituitary in turn from inhibition of negative feedback loop of etrogen will secrete more LH and FSH. Honestly Tamoxiphene citrate or nolvadex will do the same thing and would probably be a much better option due that it will actually increase the pituitary's sensitivity to gnrh as opposed to clomid which has been shown to decrease sensitivity at the pituitary. We want your body to produce more of its own natural testosterone and therefore we want your pituitary to work as optimally as possible and secrete as much LH as it can. There very well might be a chance that your hpta could be stimulated or reset to a point where you may produce over 400 ng/dl  of serum testosterone or more after cessation of treatement. Using HCG as a first measure is only going to supress your pituitary's ability to produce LH . The higher you go up the ladder regarding treatment of a likely damaged or deficient hpta the better..

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »
Thanks FightLowT. Hey PeakT can i get your thoughts?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 10:59:34 pm »
FightLow's post looks good.  Sorry, one thing:  have you checked into a fertility doc?  They often have lots of experience.  You might be able to get in a little faster.

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 04:47:00 pm »
Thanks PeakT. So i got a note from my doc and he said i need to go see an endo. Let the waiting begin. Sucks i have to live this way:(

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 05:40:40 pm »
I know what you mean.  At least you know what's wrong.  For a long time my GP was telling me I was okay with testosterone in the low 300's and I believed him cuzz I didn't know any better.  So I just sort of limped along figuring I had chronic fatigue or candidas or any of a hundred other syndromes I looked into.  Not fun...

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »
Hey guys,
Still pushing through and feeling like crap. Went and saw an endo. He wanted to go down the depression road, but I told him that wasn't it. He took more blood and here are the results.

igf-1    157ng/mL   115 - 307   ng/mL

FSH,SERUM 1mIU/mL   < 19   mIU/mL

TESTOST: FREE CALC, ADULT MALE    68pg/mL   47 - 244   pg/mL

TESTOST: % FREE, ADULT MALE   2.0   1.6 - 2.9   %

TESTOSTERONE, ADULT MALE    342ng/dL    300 - 1080   ng/dL

EX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN,SERUM    28nmol/L   11 - 80nmol/L

FREE T4, SERUM   1.1ng/dL   0.6 - 1.2ng/dL

TSH   1.27uIU/ml   0.34 - 5.60   uIU/ml

LUTEINIZING HORMONE,SERUM   2mIU/mL   < 11mIU/mL

PROLACTIN   9ng/ml   3 - 13ng/ml

Thoughts? He said that he didn't know if I would benefit from TRT when I was in there, but that was before the results had come back. For reference I have had blood taken 3 different times just for testosterone and they have been 296, 301, 342. I had caffeine the day of the 342.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »