Quantcast

Author Topic: Just beginning my low t journey  (Read 22075 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Just beginning my low t journey
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »
Looks like you just got verification, eh?  I guess my obvious comment is look at the symptoms you posted above:

"-Fatigue or decreased energy
-Reduced sex drive
-Sexual dysfunction
-Depressed mood
-Increased body fat especially around mid section
-Reduced muscle mass and strength
-Thinning of facial hair
-Anxiety
-Brain Fog"

Here's what almost everyone on the board is going to point out:

1.  As you probably know, these are all classic low T symptoms.  And, considering that you are young, your symptoms are probably only heightened (from what I've seen). 

2.  Your testosterone is very low for almost any male under the age of 80!

3.  Many docs will now treat most men with testosterone symptoms below 350 ng/dl.

Should you go on HRT?  Well, that depends on a lot of things, including fertility at your age.  But you've eliminated a lot of the standard correctable issues for low T such as hypothyroidism, elevated prolactin, etc.  (I can't remember if you have had your Vitamin D checked - this would be a very good idea as Vitamin D deficiency can lead to artificially low testosterone.)  And, assuming you've eliminated all the standard lifestyle factors that can lower testosterone (sleep, overweight, stress, etc.) then the field is getting narrowed.

Now if you and your doc are thinking of going down the therapy route, then you'll have to decide (as mentioned above) if you are going to try straight HRT or one of the alternative therapies.  You've probably been doing some reading on that, so there will be some discussion there.

Let us know what you're thinking and what happens...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »
FightLowT had good thoughts a couple posts up.  You definitely sound secondary, and what he says makes sense about kickstarting your own natuaral T production.

I'm secondary, and my doc has done just that - going with Clomiphene/Clomid. After 5.5 weeks i went from around 200 ng/dl to 627 ng/dl.
I really have no side effects on it, and i feel just fine. Slowly, after 2.5 months on it, more of my symptoms seem to be getting a little better.

Not everyone is the same, but obviously the run of Clomid really kicked my LH into gear and really raised my T. There would be a really solid chance it could be good for you, given your secondary situation, so i really hope your doctor thinks it's an option.

If you don't care about fertility and such, maybe TRT is fine, as well. Supposedly, TRT "hits" your brain a little better, and the symptoms are taken care of more so, or at least more quickly...

At this point in my life, i'm ok to continue to wait for the Clomid to keep working (both T level AND symptom alleviation), and raise my own levels of T rather introduce synthetic T.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 05:25:18 pm »

Envious1320

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 07:23:40 am »
Looks like you just got verification, eh?  I guess my obvious comment is look at the symptoms you posted above:

"-Fatigue or decreased energy
-Reduced sex drive
-Sexual dysfunction
-Depressed mood
-Increased body fat especially around mid section
-Reduced muscle mass and strength
-Thinning of facial hair
-Anxiety
-Brain Fog"

Here's what almost everyone on the board is going to point out:

1.  As you probably know, these are all classic low T symptoms.  And, considering that you are young, your symptoms are probably only heightened (from what I've seen). 

2.  Your testosterone is very low for almost any male under the age of 80!

3.  Many docs will now treat most men with testosterone symptoms below 350 ng/dl.

Should you go on HRT?  Well, that depends on a lot of things, including fertility at your age.  But you've eliminated a lot of the standard correctable issues for low T such as hypothyroidism, elevated prolactin, etc.  (I can't remember if you have had your Vitamin D checked - this would be a very good idea as Vitamin D deficiency can lead to artificially low testosterone.)  And, assuming you've eliminated all the standard lifestyle factors that can lower testosterone (sleep, overweight, stress, etc.) then the field is getting narrowed.

Now if you and your doc are thinking of going down the therapy route, then you'll have to decide (as mentioned above) if you are going to try straight HRT or one of the alternative therapies.  You've probably been doing some reading on that, so there will be some discussion there.

Let us know what you're thinking and what happens...

Fertility is a non issue married and have all the kids I want. Vitamin D was in range last time I had it checked back in March when I first had my test checked. Not overweight, getting more sleep and no more stress than normal. I am thinking I want to go down the HRT road. Actually just found out someone I work with has been on HRT for 2 years so now I probing him with questions. Too bad he just moved up here so he is looking for a new doc. I am giving my endo a call tomorrow and we will see what he says. Hopefully I am getting close.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 07:23:40 am »