Quantcast

Author Topic: Best form of boron?  (Read 44993 times)

rhodesian

• View Profile
Best form of boron?
« on: September 05, 2013, 08:28:00 am »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there´s any "best" or "ideal" form of boron... Is calcium fructoborate better absorbed than the other forms?

By the way: what dosages have achieved -for you- the expected results (increased T, low estradiol)? 3 mg daily? 6 mg? 10 mg?

Thanks in advance!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Best form of boron?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:42:11 am »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there´s any "best" or "ideal" form of boron... Is calcium fructoborate better absorbed than the other forms?

By the way: what dosages have achieved -for you- the expected results (increased T, low estradiol)? 3 mg daily? 6 mg? 10 mg?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't had a chance to research it.  Can you let us know if you find out the answers to the above?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:42:11 am »

rhodesian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:07 am »
From what I researched so far, I would consider Swanson chelated formula as the best option, being the only supplement that includes boron provided by Albion, so I think its absorption should be one of the best...

The other option I am considering is in the form of Calcium Fructoborate... One interesting option is Phyto-Boron of Vibrant Health, although I'm not sure if it´s worth the money (MUCH more expensive than the Swanson alternative)...

Regarding the so popular presentations with "triple-Boron", they don´t seem attractive to me because they include forms that we already know don´t work so well in terms of absorption (aspartate, citrate)...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:07:35 am by rhodesian »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:49 am »
Noted.  Soil depletion sure causes a lot of issues, eh?

I guess you don't want to consume "boron isolate".
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:49 am »

rhodesian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:27:56 am »
What do you mean with "boron isolate"?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:17:01 pm »
What do you mean with "boron isolate"?

Disregard. 

rhodesian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:41 pm »
 ???

EH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:04 pm »
Boron is a mineral that I have studied pretty closely.  It has some preliminary studies showing effects on SHBG (lowering), free testosterone (raising), osteoporosis, and arthritis.

I have used the calcium borogluconate from NOW foods (3mg) and verified it's absorption via hair testing analysis (which is a rough, cheap and easy way to test absorption since hair is an excretory tissue).  I also dabbled with the ionic solution from ConcenTrace, but did not verify it's absorption unfortunately (it ended up in my compost instead).

I currently use (and this is controversial) boric acid powder as the supplement to my multivitamin.  I blend about 10mg into my multivitamin drink a couple times per week.  I use boric acid because it is a form found in nature (sea water, plants, fruits).  The only question with boric acid is purity.  It is by far the cheapest form of boron available as one bottle will last a couple lifetimes.

I ordered another hair test kit this week, and will report on the values when they are available (end of Sept probably).  Hair testing is also controversial but I can say in my experience that there were 3 specific minerals I supplemented (magnesium, iodine, boron) and amazingly all of them showed very high percentile results versus the other essential minerals (calcium, etc).  That is evidence of my body absorbing each of those minerals and excreting them in the hair.  The subsequent hair test (after stopping the supplements) did not show high percentile results.
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

*Cured my intermittent ED which started at ~35 years old by adding in nitrate-containing foods DAILY (arugula, beets, romaine, spinach) and drinking occasional POM juice. Interestingly, I have seen no changes in cholesterol/LDL/HDL or any other typical blood parameters.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:25:48 pm »
Boron is a mineral that I have studied pretty closely.  It has some preliminary studies showing effects on SHBG (lowering), free testosterone (raising), osteoporosis, and arthritis.

I have used the calcium borogluconate from NOW foods (3mg) and verified it's absorption via hair testing analysis (which is a rough, cheap and easy way to test absorption since hair is an excretory tissue).  I also dabbled with the ionic solution from ConcenTrace, but did not verify it's absorption unfortunately (it ended up in my compost instead).

I currently use (and this is controversial) boric acid powder as the supplement to my multivitamin.  I blend about 10mg into my multivitamin drink a couple times per week.  I use boric acid because it is a form found in nature (sea water, plants, fruits).  The only question with boric acid is purity.  It is by far the cheapest form of boron available as one bottle will last a couple lifetimes.

I ordered another hair test kit this week, and will report on the values when they are available (end of Sept probably).  Hair testing is also controversial but I can say in my experience that there were 3 specific minerals I supplemented (magnesium, iodine, boron) and amazingly all of them showed very high percentile results versus the other essential minerals (calcium, etc).  That is evidence of my body absorbing each of those minerals and excreting them in the hair.  The subsequent hair test (after stopping the supplements) did not show high percentile results.

Okay, now that is interesting.  I did some rough calculations and found the numbers here:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/What_Is_Concentrace.aspx

If I am right, then you'd get about a mg of ionic boron in Concentrace, which is definitely something to take noet of.  The magnesium levels are also respectable, especially since they are ionic.  But the rest all look like very small doses.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:22:57 am by PeakT »

rhodesian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:59 am »
EH,

Interesting your comment...

A few months ago I tried something similar but with borax, dissolving about 1 gram per liter of water, and taking about 1,5 liters of that water daily...

I remember as if it were yesterday the second day after starting with this mixture... I felt my libido went through the roof... But the point of being uncomfortable: I had erections at inopportune times... It was really something to remember... But after those two days, the effect diminished...

I then thought of cycling, resting a week and starting over, but it was not the same... I´ve never had that feeling again, not even close... Probably that experience happens only when one is boron deficient...

After a couple of weeks I began to think seriously whether the borax was the best way to incorporate boron, since it's very difficult to measure how much we are really incorporating... Apparently, at that time, I was consuming about ˇ150 mg of boron a day! Because according to what I have researched, the borax contains 10-11% of boron ...

That's why now I'm looking for a safer way to supplement it... And I´m thinking about ordering Calcium Fructoborate, as it seems to be the best form of boron available these days...

What I suggest you, EH, is to neutralize the acid in the boric acid with equal amount of baking soda, so to get a better pH and not mess with your pH balance...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:11:01 am by rhodesian »

EH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 09:29:12 am »
Rhodesian, I had a similar experience with the very first few times I took the calcium borogluconate capsules from NOW foods.  I also had the diminishing effect in subsequent uses.  Whenever I experience something like this (it happened with Nettle Root Extract as well) it always makes me think it could just be the placebo effect.  It is either that or the body getting quickly acclimated to the new substance.  Either way, it is always disappointing when the effect wears off so quickly.

As far as pH is concerned, 10 mg is such a small amount, and I mix it with other nutrients into a glass of orange juice and blend it up, so by the end of it the pH is definitely not noticeable as OJ is already very acidic.

I'll be curious to hear your experience with calcium fructoborate.  I will have my hair test results soon enough to know whether the boric acid was absorbed or not; however, like you mentioned, I haven't noticed any of the good sexual effects from boron since the very first time I took it.
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

*Cured my intermittent ED which started at ~35 years old by adding in nitrate-containing foods DAILY (arugula, beets, romaine, spinach) and drinking occasional POM juice. Interestingly, I have seen no changes in cholesterol/LDL/HDL or any other typical blood parameters.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:46:39 am »
Rhodesian, I had a similar experience with the very first few times I took the calcium borogluconate capsules from NOW foods.  I also had the diminishing effect in subsequent uses.  Whenever I experience something like this (it happened with Nettle Root Extract as well) it always makes me think it could just be the placebo effect.  It is either that or the body getting quickly acclimated to the new substance.  Either way, it is always disappointing when the effect wears off so quickly.

Some supplements just seem to work this way.  Phosphatidylserine is another one that men say really makes a difference for a day or two and then no noticeable effect thereafter.

rhodesian

• View Profile
INTERESTING STUDY ABOUT CALCIUM FRUCTOBORATE
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:51:28 am »
Study Title:
Vitamin D/ Steroid Hormone Homeostasis and Calcium Fructoborate Supplementation
Study Abstract:

The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between Calcium Fructoborate (FruiteX-B) and Vitamin D. This study also looked at the effects of Calcium Fructoborate on hormones such as DHEA and Testosterone. 13 vitamin D deficient participants were tested for levels of vitamin D, DHEA, and testosterone in the blood. After taking 6mg or Boron in the form of Calcium Fructoborate, for 60 days the participants’ blood was tested again. The average increase in vitamin D levels was 19.6%. DHEA and testosterone were also increased 56% and 29.5% respectively.

FruiteX-B increased Vitamin D 19.6%, DHEA 56%, and Free Testosterone 29.5%.  One male participant had an increase of 50% in testosterone.  There was shown to be a relationship between FruiteX-B and hormone balance.
Study Information:

Natasha Miljkovic Vitamin D/ Steroid Hormone Homeostasis and Calcium Fructoborate Supplementation   2002 March 
Department of Orthopedic Medicine at the University of Novi Sad

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: INTERESTING STUDY ABOUT CALCIUM FRUCTOBORATE
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »
Study Title:
Vitamin D/ Steroid Hormone Homeostasis and Calcium Fructoborate Supplementation
Study Abstract:

The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between Calcium Fructoborate (FruiteX-B) and Vitamin D. This study also looked at the effects of Calcium Fructoborate on hormones such as DHEA and Testosterone. 13 vitamin D deficient participants were tested for levels of vitamin D, DHEA, and testosterone in the blood. After taking 6mg or Boron in the form of Calcium Fructoborate, for 60 days the participants’ blood was tested again. The average increase in vitamin D levels was 19.6%. DHEA and testosterone were also increased 56% and 29.5% respectively.

FruiteX-B increased Vitamin D 19.6%, DHEA 56%, and Free Testosterone 29.5%.  One male participant had an increase of 50% in testosterone.  There was shown to be a relationship between FruiteX-B and hormone balance.
Study Information:

Natasha Miljkovic Vitamin D/ Steroid Hormone Homeostasis and Calcium Fructoborate Supplementation   2002 March 
Department of Orthopedic Medicine at the University of Novi Sad

Int'g.  I've got another one here (#1):

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Boron_Testosterone.aspx

I'm going to add the above in as well - thx!

It's odd though because I can find that study anywhere except here:

http://www.wellnessresources.com/studies/calcium_fructoborate_promotes_hormone_balance/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:34:34 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 01:43:55 pm »