Quantcast

Author Topic: Cortisol Manager  (Read 5066 times)

Quincy

• View Profile
Cortisol Manager
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:11:04 pm »
One of my main problems with Low T, and one of the big three, is hours of sleep and sleep quality. Most of my life I've never had sleeping problems and was famous for being able to sleep through anything. Tons of dreams, long hours, etc. I still fall asleep quite easily..always have. I normal go to sleep about 10pm and nothing wakes me up for anywhere between 2-4 hours. Go to the bathroom because I have a slight urge and don't want to worry about getting up in a few more hours. Basically can't make it through the night. I also drink a ton of water during the day and take a quart cup to bed with me each night. Anther old habit I've done since a kid. Anyway my main problem is trying to go back to sleep after waking. My mind will often go into hyper gear thinking about all kinds of things and not necessarily worrying, although that happens too often as well.

I also was taking aleve before bed and a 25 mg benadryl cap after waking up. I stopped taking aleve about a week ago and the benadryl a few nights ago.

I was wondering if anyone has used cortisol inhibitors and found them useful.

Btw, last night I had one of the best quality sleep nights in a long time relatively speaking and i think it is the result of some of the positive changes I've been making. So that is encouraging. Also, I've noticed a positive pattern of better Androgel impact and better nights of sleep. This morning the gel impact would rank on a relative scale of 9-10 since I've been using it.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Cortisol Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:32:07 pm »
Just a few quick comments:

--I used to struggle with the wake up in the middle of the night thing.  One thing that really helped me was PMR (Progressive Muscle Relaxation).  In my case the problem was that I had trouble producing a "relaxation response" enough to fall back to sleep.  PMR really does the trick though and there's no side effects!

--I would definitely avoid Benadryl with any frequency:  anti-cholinergics hammer acetylcholine, the "memory hormone" and have been linked to mild dementia.

--If at all possible, I would avoid Alleve with any frequency:  these eventually will cause major issues in the GI tract somewhere in most people.  It's like swallowing a little battery acid every night and seeing where the hole is going to show up.

--Imo Vit C is the best and safest "cortisol manager" along with all the other common sense psychological and time management stuff.  PMR is also excellent to manage cortisol.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 05:32:07 pm »

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:12:41 am »
I think I can give up the alleve mostly. I was taking it because of neck pains for the last year (waking me up several times per night). I've been doing a lot of neck stretching/strengthening exercise for the past 2-3 months and it continues to improve. It may just be the timing when I started, but it seems the androgel may be helping with neck strengthening also.

I'll give the PMR a go tonight. How much Vit C should you take and when?
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:40:58 am »

I'll give the PMR a go tonight. How much Vit C should you take and when?

I take 500 mg about 3 X per day of Ester-C.  That's about what is usually taken in the stress studies...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:40:58 am »