Quantcast

Author Topic: High Estradiol and Eyesight  (Read 8111 times)

alienshadow

• View Profile
High Estradiol and Eyesight
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:14 pm »
Well the good news is I have a benign spot that hasn't changed in yrs never knew it was on my skull bone weird but I accept the report they know better that I do. Anyway neuro told me to stay on urologist and make sure I explain the importance of my health to him. He agrees that my estradiol needs to be treated and said I have nothing to lose but a lot to gain if it works for me.. He did say my estradiol could have been high all along for 2 years and since nobody tested my hormones we will never know for sure. He said Low T can be caused by high estradiol especially when all my other test are normal. He actually wanted me to go to a dr he knows but I told him I cant afford to drive 45 mins there and back every week or so..

He also said Estradiol can be the blame for my vision problems along with a couple other things.. Anybody want to chime in on this? I feel good knowing I may be on the right track just got to converstae with my urologist better. He did tell me to cancel the endo apt said it would be a pointless visit being my regular dr has tested all my gland functions.. Kind of lost on that but...

Oh and the homefront is much much better things are working out great..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:48:36 pm by PeakT »
I have had symptoms since Sept 2011..
Blurry vision
Off feeling (brain fog) no spinning just off
Total T levels 185 with androgel 189 on shots now 5-30-13
Total T Level as of July 23rd.. 637
Still no E2 testing.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: High Estradiol and Eyesight
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »
That's an interesting connection.  I am reading lots of women complaining that low estradiol can impact eyesight.  So I don't doubt it.  Let me know if you find anything more about this.

One last comment:

I would consider going to his colleague who will take care of your estradiol.  If you do that for a few months, then you can back to another doctor closer to you and say, "Look!  I was on this protocol and felt good and would like to continue."  Once you are on a protocol from another doc, I think you'll find they are more open-minded.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:51:01 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »
If it affects women why not men? Is there a different balance between the two?
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:37 pm »
That's an interesting connection.  I am reading lots of women complaining that low estradiol can impact eyesight.  So I don't doubt it.  Let me know if you find anything more about this.

One last comment:

I would consider going to his colleague who will take care of your estradiol.  If you do that for a few months, then you can back to another doctor closer to you and say, "Look!  I was on this protocol and felt good and would like to continue."  Once you are on a protocol from another doc, I think you'll find they are more open-minded.

I couldn't agree with this more.  Even my docs have said to me on occasion that the endocrinologists would treat me differently now that I have prior experience on TRT and have experienced a tangible benefit.  It seems as if maybe possible concerns over liability of putting a patient on TRT are a non-issue if the patient has been on TRT prior.  Maybe?

Sounds like you have a good opportunity Alien to shift the direction of your treatment.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:18:37 pm »

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
Sam I am in a big pinch man you guys just have no idea how bad it is for me right now.
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 03:39:29 pm »
Sam I am in a big pinch man you guys just have no idea how bad it is for me right now.

Hey, we don't know your financial situation.  You and your wife have to put that all together of course. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:31:42 pm »
Peak of anyone else. Would you tend to agree that maybe my Estradiol level could be causing the off feeling/dizzy stuff? I know ur not sure about vision but I think that issue came from surgery. I also after reading tons today if this shakiness I have when I lift or squeeze something has anything to do with Estradiol and testosterone issues. Seems when you have issues men seem to lose muscle strength however I feel strong just shake a little when I do things.. Just a thought I had after reading today..
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 01:57:00 am »
Was told today even if my estradiol is a little high like last test I may not get treatment for it.. What a bummer for me. Said my numbers have to be pushing beyond 50s.. Just ready to give it all up.
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:52:25 am »
When I went on TRT my visual acuity didn't improve but I was able to see colors more vividly but that may have just been that the world seemed brighter lol.
Clomid in higher doses, like 50mg, can give me vision problems, especially with bright lights at night. Clomid is a kind of synthetic estrogen so that seems to make sense.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

alienshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »
Yeah I don't know anymore. seems my drs have given up on me.. No answers and feeling off all the time is not a great way to live. And they have the nerve to ask me do I feel hopeless... Well hell yes I do you live like this for 2 yrs...
Blurry vision
Still no E2 testing.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »