Quantcast

Author Topic: Trt way over amped  (Read 5524 times)

Jesse

• View Profile
Trt way over amped
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:09 pm »
Hello everyone, first post. Im 55 y.o. in good shape, and wish to keep physically active for the rest of my life.
Started trt therapy 3 weeks ago with sports Doc. D/O. I had blood panel performed, I don't have all numbers, but free test. level prior to treatment measured by Quest diagnostics was 108 pg/ml. - per their methodology, normal range is 35-155 pg/ml.
My Cholesterol, liver/kidney function, psa tests were all good.

Dr. stated that free test. level was fairly low, and to try 200mg Test. cypionate, and see how it goes. If all went well, get another shot in 2 wks, then recheck and establish dosage and frequency.
After first injection, I felt great after 2 days after the injection. I was mentally much more focused, better libido, and generally felt 20 yrs younger. I  really was exited to get the next treatment.

After the second injection, I felt agitated and anxious later that night. (last Friday).I had a follow up appointment today, and told the Doc that I've had anxiety attacks, and surges of energy- completely amped up, vivid nightmares, and completely agitated. He said it was extremely rare, and usually only on extremely high overdoses.

He told me that he only has seen 2 cases that he has treated like this in his practice other than mine. One was a basball player that had extremely low test. levels, who over amped  with the first injection, and one was  a female.

He drew blood for a test. re-check, and for estrogen, and estradiol levels.
He also checked by blood pressure, and I have been monitoring it also daily, and it's had some pretty good spikes the last few days. I was prescribed Chlonidine .1mg for any spikes over 145 sys. or 95 dia. I normally run around 120-130/75-80 controlled with 10mg lisinipril daily.

He also prescribed armidex 1mg. tablet daily for the next 7 days. He said it will probably take 3-4 days for the armidex to knock the estrogen levels down to where I feel normal.
He also prescribed .5mg XanaX 3 times a day until the agitation subsides.
He wanted to wait for the results to see how to proceed with therapy- possiby much lower doses more frequently.
I would like to proceed with the therapy, and hoping that some of the other members can share some insight.
Thanks in advance.

raym

• View Profile
Re: Trt way over amped
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:38:19 am »
Hello everyone, first post. Im 55 y.o. in good shape, and wish to keep physically active for the rest of my life.
Started trt therapy 3 weeks ago with sports Doc. D/O. I had blood panel performed, I don't have all numbers, but free test. level prior to treatment measured by Quest diagnostics was 108 pg/ml. - per their methodology, normal range is 35-155 pg/ml.

Dr. stated that free test. level was fairly low, and to try 200mg Test. cypionate, and see how it goes. If all went well, get another shot in 2 wks, then recheck and establish dosage and frequency.
After first injection, I felt great after 2 days after the injection. I was mentally much more focused, better libido, and generally felt 20 yrs younger. I  really was exited to get the next treatment.

After the second injection, I felt agitated and anxious later that night. (last Friday).I had a follow up appointment today, and told the Doc that I've had anxiety attacks, and surges of energy- completely amped up, vivid nightmares, and completely agitated. He said it was extremely rare, and usually only on extremely high overdoses.

He told me that he only has seen 2 cases that he has treated like this in his practice other than mine. One was a basball player that had extremely low test. levels, who over amped  with the first injection, and one was  a female.

He also checked by blood pressure, and I have been monitoring it also daily, and it's had some pretty good spikes the last few days. I was prescribed Chlonidine .1mg for any spikes over 145 sys. or 95 dia. I normally run around 120-130/75-80 controlled with 10mg lisinipril daily.

He also prescribed armidex 1mg. tablet daily for the next 7 days. He said it will probably take 3-4 days for the armidex to knock the estrogen levels down to where I feel normal.
He wanted to wait for the results to see how to proceed with therapy- possiby much lower doses more frequently.
I would like to proceed with the therapy, and hoping that some of the other members can share some insight.
Thanks in advance.

Wow.  A couple of things.

Your free t is pretty darn good.  Don't know that trt is right for you.  It can also vary quite a bit depending on time of dat the test was done.  Did they also measure total T?

What is your injection protocol?  Most folks inject at least once a week.  Some twice a week.  The 200 mg makes me suspicious you are doing once every two weeks.

Arimidex at 1mg per day is insane.  It will guaranteed crash your estriadol!  Especially since your doc has no blood work to back this up.  Body builders taking super-physiological doses don't even tak that much!

The horse has pretty much left the barn.  Exogenous test shuts down natural production, so it'll be difficult to find out your true baseline total and free test levels at this point.

Takeaways from my perspective is to inject no less than once a week, preferably twice.  Obviously divide your dose appropriately. I personally would not touch the AI until blood work supports the need for it.

It sounds like you did not have any low-t symptoms, but were just trying to regain youthful feelings?

Ray

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:38:19 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:51:26 am »

Thanks in advance.

Raym gave some good commentary.  First of all, your free testosterone is decent.  108 pg/ml = 10.8 ng/dl which is, depending on your SHBG, roughly equivalent to 540 ng/dl total testosterone (assuming your are 2% free testosterone). 

Again, please read what Raym said.  You do NOT want your estradiol to crash.  I have done it before, but the dose you are taking is WAY beyond what I did.  It is painful for the joints and can hammer your libido, erections and mood.  Not fun.

To give you an idea:  I am currently taking 120 mg of cypionate weekly and 0.5 mg Arimidex 2X / week.  That's right - I take 1 mg of Arimidex per week.  Taking 1 mg daily is what cancer patients take and there are tons of side effects that go along with it.  So, please, talk to your doc about this and make sure you know what is going on.

Now, as far as the HRT side effects, there are two explanations:

1.  200 mg is too much and your estradiol went through the roof.  Please read this link and you'll see why giving that much cypionate every two weeks is usually unsuccessful with men on HRT:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_cypionate

2.  The theory you already presented:  the large change in testosterone was just too much change somehow.  We had one other member with a very severe reaction:  Kwn.  Go back to his first posts and you can see it.

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Jesse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 06:09:10 pm »
Thank you for the replies raym, and peak t. That is exactly the information that I was looking for.
I have not yet taken the Aridimex, and will not until the blood work comes back.
At this point, I will seek out an Endicrinologist for help.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 06:09:10 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »
Thank you for the replies raym, and peak t. That is exactly the information that I was looking for.
I have not yet taken the Aridimex, and will not until the blood work comes back.
At this point, I will seek out an Endicrinologist for help.

Let us know how it goes.

One comment:  most endos will not treat you unless your testosterone is VERY low from what I have seen.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »