General Category > Testosterone, Hormones and General Men's Health

progesterone for men

(1/4) > >>

Bigjohn:
I'm fairly new to the site and this probably has been discussed before but I would be interested in other's opinion. Is anyone taking progesterone? There is some research that shows it can prevent prostate cancer growth. Also I met with a great anti aging doctor last week in Rancho Mirage CA. And he thinks it's imperative for men to be on it. It's over the counter I know.

rhodesian:
Usually, when you manage to put estradiol under control, progesterone tends to recover its balance...

Anyway, I also would like to hear the experience of someone who has tested the progesterone creams...

PeakT:
Here is why Dr. Crisler does not like progesterone:

http://www.allthingsmale.com/forum/showthread.php?13841-Progesterone

"Progesterone:

Elevates SHBG
Suppresses the HPTA
Causes gyno
Causes impotence
IF it indeed suppresses 5-AR

ALL feminizing qualities."

Someone else on this thread brought up the fact that low dose progesterone was loved by Dr. John Lee, who was considered by many to be the "Alternative Hormone Guru" until he passed away.

Bigjohn:
I'm just not sure what to say. I did buy some and have been trying it but not sure if any difference. I'll keep researching. Thanks.

PeakT:

--- Quote from: Bigjohn on September 17, 2013, 08:06:10 pm ---I'm just not sure what to say. I did buy some and have been trying it but not sure if any difference. I'll keep researching. Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I'm not either.  Let us know what you find out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version