Quantcast

Author Topic: What is the Cost of Testosterone Cypionate?  (Read 19485 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
What is the Cost of Testosterone Cypionate?
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:02:27 pm »
Thanks Peak! Is it unusual that injections aren't covered?

I believe so.  Injections are very expensive.  I hate to be suspicious, but sometimes you wonder if the pharma companies are able to even influence the insurance formularies.  There are big pharma companies who manufacture cypionate, but their profits have got to be a fraction of the profit they get off of something as high priced as Androgel. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:17:42 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
Re: What is the Cost of Testosterone Cypionate?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:01:07 am »

I believe so.  Injections are very expensive.  I hate to be suspicious, but sometimes you wonder if the pharma companies are able to even influence the insurance formularies.  There are big pharma companies who manufacture cypionate, but their profits have got to be a fraction of the profit they get off of something as high priced as Androgel.

I think Peak meant to say very inexpensive.   A 10ml vial is around $100 I believe without insurance.  Kaiser charges me $47.00 for a 10ml vial.  You can get syringes etc for about $50.00 for a 1-2 yr supply depending on how many times you inject weekly.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:01:07 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:12:43 am »

I think Peak meant to say very inexpensive.   A 10ml vial is around $100 I believe without insurance.  Kaiser charges me $47.00 for a 10ml vial.  You can get syringes etc for about $50.00 for a 1-2 yr supply depending on how many times you inject weekly.

Sorry guys.  Yes, they are quite inexpensive. 
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Bigjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:57 pm »
Just curious but how would the injections compare to cream not gel? I spend about about $75 per months on T cream.
Age 67
HRT 1 year

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:57 pm »

Mina417

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 01:24:21 am »

How long would a 10mL vial last if you were doing 200mg bi weekly?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 01:31:27 am »
Just curious but how would the injections compare to cream not gel? I spend about about $75 per months on T cream.

Pretty will be a little cheaper just for the cypionate:

http://peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=1529.0

Ken:  "How many CC (ml) did they give you? And do you know if it was 100mg/CC or 200mg/CC? It will say on the vial that the pharmacy gave you.

Regarding cost, T cyp is relatively dirt cheap.  You can even buy a 10ml vial out of pocket for under $100.  At 200mg/week which is a pretty good amount for TRT you are looking at $10/shot or roughly $40/month.

If the pharmacy only gave you the 1ml vials, which is likely, the cost is somewhat higher.  But I only pay $10/month copay with BC Anthem for 4 one ml vials."

So you'll be weekly and looking at roughly $10 per shot.  Now you have to throw in a little for syringes, but that's pretty cheap.  We have another thread on that as well.

NOTE:  My HRT clinic actually sample tests any of their compounded testosterone for contaminants, etc.  This is a very wise precaution for obvious reasons.

You can consider one of the inexpensive HRT clinics, such as lowtestosterone.com, which does everything for $199/month.  You get a) medical supervision, b) cypionate, c) needles, d) HCG, e) testing, f) Arimidex all for the above price I am pretty sure.  (Disclosure:  They are currently a sponsor of the site.)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »

How long would a 10mL vial last if you were doing 200mg bi weekly?

200mg/2 weeks = 100mg/week = 1/2CC/week.  10CC/(1/2CC) = 20weeks.  There is your answer. ;)
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »