Quantcast

Author Topic: foods I can eat  (Read 26797 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
foods I can eat
« on: May 10, 2012, 02:12:26 am »
Foods that have
no/low saturated fats
NO Trans fats

Im  trying to know what other foods I can eat, not on a daily basis, but sometimes, that arent gonna be that bad

Taco Bell cinnamon twists--170 calories, 0 sat fat 0  trans fat 7 total fat 10grams sugar
http://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/information

pepperidge farms Stone baked artisan rolls 1 package 960 calories 0 fat 8 sugar

“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: foods I can eat
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »
That's funny.  I used to work at Taco Bell many moons ago.  Those Cinnamon Twists are fried and so will have trans fats in 'em.

You're a young guy so you can probably eat some white bread and it won't kill you, but of course I can't lie to you and tell you it's good for you.

I don't know where you stand as far as evolution and I don't want to offend anyone, but consider this:

In our primate past, we ate primarily low fat foods:  leaves, tree nuts, seeds and maybe a little bit of lean meat here and there.  Then in our Paleo past we ate low fat meats, roots, berries, and some plants and fruit.  Our bodies are designed for a quite low fat, high nutrient dense whole food diet.

Cheap carbs just don't fit in with this.  And high density fatty foods don't fit in with this.  Butter, lard, cheese, etc are very new in our diet.

Grains are new to our diet, but they work well because they match our past so well:  they are low fat plant foods.  However, wheat has some negative properties that many people must be careful of:  it boosts blood sugar more than other grains and many people have gluten sensitivity and wheat allergies.  So you have to be careful.  In addition, the wheat genome has been dramatically changed through genetic engineering in the last fifty years.  A great read is Wheat Belly if you have time on this whole subject.

So "what can I eat then?" is a natural question at this point?  Well, there are many ways to tackle this.  Here's one way I do it:

I get a rice cooker and throw in some whole grains. I like brown rice, millet and quinoa the most. You can also throw some lentils in there but you have to add a little more water if you do that to give a slightly longer cooking time. 

This gives you a ton of carbs for much of the day.  Combine it with any number of sauces or spices and you're in business.  One of my favorites is to add lime, salsa (out of a glass container) and italian spices.  It kind of makes a "tabouli" and the salsa makes it non-dry and easy to eat.

Now some guys - I believe Dr. Life is in this camp - goes the Low Fat route by eating low fat, lean meats.  Now this is pretty reasonable actually, but I shy away from this because 1) there is so little study work on it, 2) if you cook the meat at high heat, you get all kinds of carcinoges in there and 3) it's tough to find range-fed, lean cuts of meat.  I just think it's a lot easier to avoid meat altogether and use some of the undenatured proteins and egg whites for protein.

Hope that helps...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:27:28 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:25:31 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45:32 pm »
Im trying to find foods I an eat with no prep time
Mcdonalds and many other places say their fries, etc have no transfats, so you are saying they do?
cause Ive been just searching for foods I can eat that have no transfats/saturated fat
Widicus said the change means 15 Taco Bell menu items will contain no trans fats, including the Crunchy Beef Taco, the Taco Supreme, some chalupas and cinnamon twists.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15748882/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/t/taco-bell-cut-artery-clogging-trans-fats/#.T6w0_sVuCZ4

what about pizza?  can I have no more pizza?
I thought Weight watchers Smart ones cheese pizza minis were good?
http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Frozen-Pizza/Smart-Ones-Anytime-Selections-Cheese-Pizza-Minis-88-oz/63963

I dont know what words to avoid in the ingredients  list?
transfats
all oils?
anything else?

Im not sure whats wrong with white bread, other than it isnt really useful calories, aside preventing me from eating anything else that would have fat or oil in it
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:52 am »
Watchn:

You have to decide how far you want to go with the new diet.  I'm certainly not trying to force anything on anyone.  Most of my family members see the way I eat and think I'm crazy. 

But here's why I recommend it if you ca break out of the pack:  for you to even hope to get your RDA of many vitamins and minerals, you have to eat a lot of whole foods daily and a variety as well.  So, if you have a slice of white bread or even two, you can still get all your nutrients without putting on weight. 

However, they typical American eats 800+ calories of fat and 800 calories of sugar and white breads and, of course, that ain't gonna work when it comes to ingesting the basic building blocks. 

But that's only half the story:  white bread and white rice have a very high glycemic index and are equal to or above table sugar.  So eating a couple of slices of white bread is like eating a bunch of sugar.  That's likely going to be bad for both your testosterone and nitric oxide and will definitely age your tissues.

I actually cover this in my new book, but here is an example of just what this kind of eating does to your arteries:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/heart/articles/2009/06/11/cornflakes-white-bread-could-boost-heart-risk

So, of course, you can eat the way everyone else does, but all of this standard Western Diet stuff has consequences that affect blood flow and everything else...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:07:42 am by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:52 am »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:05:05 am »
Watchn:

You have to decide how far you want to go with the new diet.  I'm certainly not trying to force anything on anyone.  Most of my family members see the way I eat and think I'm crazy. 

Im not sure what that means?
Im learning that the typical american diet is going to impair  so I've decided not to eat the way americans/westren world eat
so what the heck do I eat?
I ask that because I DONT KNOW

well, gee whiz, maybe If i had a list of food to pick from, Id eat well.
so I go to the grocery store and I can't find crap to eat there.
ever go to an American grocery store with some foreigner?  they are amazed at the amount of lack of choice to eat, so much food, but so little you can actually eat.
I am simply looking for a list of foods I can eat that arent gonna kill me,

fresh veggies
brown rice
non-starchy veggies

could all be on the list, right

rice chex
organic, fat free milk?

why is looking to learn what options I have mean I'm
You have to decide how far you want to go with the new diet.  I'm certainly not trying to force anything on anyone.
I dont know what this mean either? I am looking for "Peak T" approved food

But here's why I recommend it if you ca break out of the pack:  for you to even hope to get your RDA of many vitamins and minerals, you have to eat a lot of whole foods daily and a variety as well.  So, if you have a slice of white bread or even two, you can still get all your nutrients without putting on weight. 
exactly, Im trying to break out from the pack
I am currently dropping fat like crazy on a Protein sparing  modified fast, where I get my aminos+efas+fiber through the week, phytonutrients, etc
but I can't have anything like bread/pizza, or candy
so I have a  few bites of those foods once a week, based around the time I workout...I thought working out when I took in saturated fats and all that crap made it not so bad..
but also by having the food once a week, I am able to go without 6 days a week, so one meal a week , Im bad
so I just want a list of foods I can eat that arent going to totally kill me that ONE meal a week

I think twinkies might kill me.

is what I'm saying making sense yet?

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 03:22:45 am »
so when someone tells me
eat only 100% whole wheat!
thats crap, because of ????

and I should not have carbs unless they come from natural sources?
brown rice
starchy veggies
etc?

so cereals like cherrios or rice chex, as well as corn flakes, are no nos?
they are not PeakT approved?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:41:06 am »
Wait I have to ask a basic question:  what dietary pattern are you going after?  Still Low Fat, right?  Because of course what eating regimen you pick will decide your general food consumption.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 07:36:51 am »
Wait I have to ask a basic question:  what dietary pattern are you going after?  Still Low Fat, right?  Because of course what eating regimen you pick will decide your general food consumption.

I am not following with that logic

I eat low/no fat; so this means I can have captain crunch? because my lack of fat means the fat in captain crunch will help my health?

oh, that's still not healthy? so what if I eat a fatty diet then I  can have captain crunch? because the fat in captain crunch will mesh with that fat I'm eating and will make it all healthy?

so why do dietarty patterns I want to follow alter what I should be ideally eating for all the health benefits,  in terms of erections, T-levels, blood sugar, blood lipids, CRP, etc

I would eat high fat if that would be healthier, but I am not thinking it is

I am asking in this thread a list of foods to eat.  I wanted easy food with no prep time, but that seems to have complicated the issue a lot

why is it so hard to get a list of food to eat?
if I wanted high fat diet, which I am assuming you mean fat like W-3 rich, like fish,  then I'd list

"fish-wild; not raised on farms to get w-3s"

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Grains_Penis

I know grains are ok to eat, Im just trying to figure out products I can actually go out and get that are the good grains
I am really tried of reading all the labels to figure out what to buy and eat. 
whole what spaghetti and marina sauce?

I feel like Im in school and being taught subjects, but given no book and only told, there is a daily test, to study read a book at the library, I wont tell you which one, go find a book that covers what we talked about in class

fruits
non-starchy veggies
eggwhites
eggs
organic milk??(maybe)
nativites raw cocoa
W-3s(cod liver oil)
metamucil
wild fish

what else can I put on this list?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:43:22 am by watchntv »

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02:19 am »
Have yOu happen to read PeakT's book? Basically if you're looking for a simplified answer I'll try and give yoU one. Stay away from fast food... Period. Eat only fruit, veggies, brown rice, quinoa, millet, (grains of that nature) stay away from most processed food and only eat whole foods. You're asking for a specific list but there is to much variety in food choices to give a specific list. Figure out what you like and go from there. Low Fat or relatively low fat (I eat in between low fat and Mediterranean) is typically gonna be the way to go. So stay low fat and try to stay away from processed grains like white bread. And what PeakT meant was that how you eat determines what you eat (for example if you eat a higher fat diet you're allowed nuts and seeds ect could possibly eat some meat. If you're low fat then nuts and seeds are off limits) %100 whole grain cereals should be ok also (although ideally I would shy away from those as well but for the sake of ease) as long as you're daily calorie intake from fat doesn't exceed 10-15 % as you said you're low fat.
“ALL I’M TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:13:26 pm »
Watchn:  Cronos is right:  I asked what diet you want to follow because, for example, a Mediterranean Diet allow different foods than Low Fat, so we have to start there.  You've mentioned Low Fat before, I believe, but you seem like you're about to snap :) so I wanted to double check where you were at.  If you're interested in the traditional Low Fat, then here is more information:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/What_Is_Low_Fat_Diet

A Mediterranean Diet, on the other hand, encourages more fat (primarily olive oil and nuts) and some meat as well.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 08:14:45 pm »
Watchn:  Cronos is right:  I asked what diet you want to follow because, for example, a Mediterranean Diet allow different foods than Low Fat, so we have to start there.  You've mentioned Low Fat before, I believe, but you seem like you're about to snap :) so I wanted to double check where you were at.  If you're interested in the traditional Low Fat, then here is more information:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/What_Is_Low_Fat_Diet

A Mediterranean Diet, on the other hand, encourages more fat (primarily olive oil and nuts) and some meat as well.
thanks  guys...I understand what it takes to eat on this new way of eating
I dont eat on this diet 100% of the time and I was looking for foods to eat when I want a break,
If I want to have the results, I gotta put in the work
but I wanted to take a meal off the diet sometimes, and I was just looking for foods I could eat, that werent that bad
so no transfat,  not too many  hydogenated oils, etc

I dont think I was too obscure in what I wrote and what I wanted, I kept getting  comments like go read the books, wtf are you asking for
and not just getting  some simple rules to follow or lists of foods
jolly ranchers? high in sugar, but no trans fats, are they ok?
potato chips made with olestra?
sherbert ice cream?
instant oatmeal?

if eating Peaks way is one extreme and eating a western diet is the other, I was looking for foods that would hit the middle

I still dont see why this is so hard to understand?

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:46 pm »
Have yOu happen to read PeakT's book? Basically if you're looking for a simplified answer I'll try and give yoU one. Stay away from fast food... Period. Eat only fruit, veggies, brown rice, quinoa, millet, (grains of that nature) stay away from most processed food and only eat whole foods.
You're asking for a specific list but there is to much variety in food choices to give a specific list. Figure out what you like and go from there. Low Fat or relatively low fat (I eat in between low fat and Mediterranean) is typically gonna be the way to go. So stay low fat and try to stay away from processed grains like white bread.
\
thats pretty good, thanks

And what PeakT meant was that how you eat determines what you eat (for example if you eat a higher fat diet you're allowed nuts and seeds ect could possibly eat some meat. If you're low fat then nuts and seeds are off limits) %100 whole grain cereals should be ok also (although ideally I would shy away from those as well but for the sake of ease) as long as you're daily calorie intake from fat doesn't exceed 10-15 % as you said you're low fat.
\

I didnt understand and still dont why asking what kind of diet I want matters when Im looking for not so bad food choices that arent going to be something I usually consume in my ideal diet.

ideally, you want low/no fat cept w-3s, so just tell me the foods that would be somewhere in the middle and let me figure out the rest on my own

saying something like,
"avoid fats, cept w-3s, but if you do have fats, have unsaturated, saturated, trans in the order, but do your utmost to avoid saturated and trans,they are the real killers"

that would have been a lot more useful than, "are you on a high or low fat diet?"
might as well be asking what kind of computer I want,"do you want a computer to last a little while and be crappy when you use it, or last a long time and be easy to use and fast?"
is that a real question to ask?
I didnt find that question useful or why the answer mattered at all
I wanted a list of so-so foods, I could eat sometimes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:26:37 pm by watchntv »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »

if eating Peaks way is one extreme and eating a western diet is the other, I was looking for foods that would hit the middle

Go easy on me watchn.  I had no idea that's what you were asking.  And, now that I understand, I'm going to put the ball back in your court:  you will have to figure out what's kind of good for you.  I simply don't have time to research "half way good" foods and dietary regimens.  You're a smart guy:  let us know some compromises that you think are reasonable.  It seriously might help someone else.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »
Yeah I don't think the way you responded watchn was very called for we were both just trying to help and obviously missed the point of your question.

It really seems like you've already answered your own question though.

Once again their is no real way we can give you a specific list because of variety and then time constraints on our side. Ideally you would want to stay away from trans fats and anything high in saturated fat and high in sugar. Once again that defeats the point in my opinion. Might as well just eat low fat whole foods. If you're gonna splurge then just splurge and don't worry about it to much. I don't think going "crazy" everyonce and a while will hurt you to much in the long run but otherwise stay on the "straight and narrow".
“ALL I’M TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:49:11 am »

Go easy on me watchn.  I had no idea that's what you were asking.  And, now that I understand, I'm going to put the ball back in your court:  you will have to figure out what's kind of good for you.  I simply don't have time to research "half way good" foods and dietary regimens.  You're a smart guy:  let us know some compromises that you think are reasonable.  It seriously might help someone else.

I was not trying to throw anything in anyone face. I hope you all understand that
I am trying to find straight answers about what to do
Are all trans fats called trans fats?

Im just going to eat the same thing day in day out, on saturdays I'm gonnna have a box of rice chex and organic fat free milk after I lift weights and some
wheat thins Flatbread with marinara sauce
and some WhoNu cookies(which have saturated fat)
this wil be my diet till I  get under 190lbs, new blood tests and see how Im doing

my left shoulder has been hurting since Monday, either Im having a heart attack or the throbbing has to do with working out

arent I correct in thinking, that saturated fat will have less of a determinantal effect if I do some light cardio,, after eating it? just walking?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:49:11 am »