but instead of giving some product names, you think I should learn this list, then go around looking at every ingredient list to make it sure it has or lacks this list?
You may not realize it, but what you're kind of asking me to do is be your personal trainer or nutritionist. Someday I might like to get trained for that as I really enjoy that sort of thing, but, as I stated above, I don't really have time to read through long ingredient lists and other similar things. Again, don't take it personal: I do care but have to manage my time just as we all do.
And, yes, imo the safest thing for a person to do if he is going to buy packaged and processed foods is to train himself to find the hidden trans fats, excitotoxins and so on. This is really a very useful skill. With excitotoxins, the bottom line is this: watch out for the powders. Once they boil the crap out of many foods, it ends up with some excitotoxin content.
In fact, that's really one of the goals of my site is to try to encourage men to dig into these things and not just trust the big consumer product companies: they simply don't have our best interest in mind most of the time.
You've already learned a lot and it's great to watch, so keep up the good work..
Im trying anything to get something I can use out of you. Im looking for examples or a list of ingredients to avoid, but this is where Im at now, not where I started;
first I asked for examples foods I could eat beyond the basics, things I could buy at the store.
no results from asking about that, a few abstract thoughts about, something chocolaty, crunchy but not too crunchy,, etc
I tried to learning from examples, so I pasted a good ingredients list because it looked alright to me, and I thought if you saw a red flag you could tell me what it was good or bad and why
-you tell me you need to know my diet to be able to tell me if a food is good or bad; which still makes no sense to me at all
I googled excitotoxins , didnt know if what I found was any good
I was just looking for what you eat, nothing about me, purely what you do, and you
"For example, I eat mostly low fat, but I do cheat with occasional bursts of
1. Dark chocolate
2. My wife's cooking - and she's a good cook!
3. Eating out"
no details, nothing to learn there...? besides you like to eat food that's made by a good cook(I took notes of this epiphany)
Then I try to learn what ingredients to look for on each package? so I can avoid them that would make a really good article, unless you already have one...how do I determine what to buy or not to buy??
I suspect if you want anything decent you
1 have to stick to simple foods, fruit, eggwhites veggies
2 anything else, you should get the best ingredients yourself and bake/cook it
so I guess I need a good recipe book? but I cant even find the best marinara sauce or I should eat marinara sauce? or what is the main lesson I should learn from some pageshttp://www.peaktestosterone.com/Excitotoxins_Fast_Food
a page of what ingredients to avoid would be immensely helpful
or a list you google and I can learn from would be great, I can learn anything, but I've asked very specific questions and I dont get answers.....I have nothing to learn....Im just looking for something to learn......
does that recap sound wrong to you?
you say you want
" one of the goals of my site is to try to encourage men to dig into these things "
Pea, I'm digging, but I dont know what to look for, so I keep asking the same stuff, this whole thread, what do I look for?
Remember, my first post in this thread?
Foods that have
no/low saturated fats
NO Trans fats
Im trying to know what other foods I can eat, not on a daily basis, but sometimes, that arent gonna be that bad
do you think this thread would be 3 pages long if I had answer of"
1. go to this page.///wwww. list of ingredients to avoid. and dont eat anything with those in them
2 only eat this stuff 99% of the time... the other 1% of the time eat whatever you want
I dont know all the words for transfats, I know hydrogenated food are good to avoid, no matter my diet avoid them
I dont know what other words mean excitoxins or things to avoid, just hit me up with a list of things to avoid,