Quantcast

Author Topic: Wilson's Temperature Theory, Thyroid and Cortisol  (Read 6559 times)

EH

• View Profile
Wilson's Temperature Theory, Thyroid and Cortisol
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:36:19 pm »
Speaking of thyroid hormones, have you heard of Wilson's Temperature Syndrome (theory)?  I happened across it this week, and am curious to test my temperature on a daily basis to see if I am hypothermic or not.  It would make sense considering my hands/feet cold issues.  I am trying to solve potential thyroid issue via diet/supplements but if that doesn't work it would be interesting to try T3 and see what it does.

Also, I did a little more research into my high-normal cortisol.  Seems the symptoms are very similar to what I am experiencing; memory problems, low libido, mood swings, anxiety, and occasional impotence.

Somehow, I think the hypothyroidal symptoms and high cortisol symptoms are likely related.  Must. Do. More. Research. 
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

*Cured my intermittent ED which started at ~35 years old by adding in nitrate-containing foods DAILY (arugula, beets, romaine, spinach) and drinking occasional POM juice. Interestingly, I have seen no changes in cholesterol/LDL/HDL or any other typical blood parameters.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Wilson's Temperature Theory, Thyroid and Cortisol
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:50 pm »
I split this out from here:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2487.0

Yes, I've heard of Wilson's temperature theory, i.e. that a lower body temperature is related to and often caused by hypothyroidism.  Now the medical establishment does not accept that theory.  However, one of our most illustrious members, Sam, had low body temp and did a bunch of adrenal work and got his body temp back to normal I believe.  I'll let him chime in on exactly what he did if he notices this.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:09:50 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:20:38 am »
I've been up and down on body temp.  I typically run around 97.1.  After things like my varicocele surgery my body temp would go to 98.6 and be rock solid, but over time it has always trend back towards 97.1-97.4.

I am now trying the circadian t3 protocol 10mcg t3 2hrs before rising to see if it helps and plan to do more to focus on thyroid.   Ultimately I hope by adding I HCG and the circadian t3 protocol I might be able to find a system that works for me.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:24:24 am »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 02:24:24 am »

EH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:11 am »
Thanks guys.  Sam, what type of thermometer are you using?  oral or ear canal?  Do you notice any difference in how you feel when your temperature is 98.6 range compared to 97 range?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:48:43 pm by EH »
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

*Cured my intermittent ED which started at ~35 years old by adding in nitrate-containing foods DAILY (arugula, beets, romaine, spinach) and drinking occasional POM juice. Interestingly, I have seen no changes in cholesterol/LDL/HDL or any other typical blood parameters.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »
I've been up and down on body temp.  I typically run around 97.1.  After things like my varicocele surgery my body temp would go to 98.6 and be rock solid, but over time it has always trend back towards 97.1-97.4.

I am now trying the circadian t3 protocol 10mcg t3 2hrs before rising to see if it helps and plan to do more to focus on thyroid.   Ultimately I hope by adding I HCG and the circadian t3 protocol I might be able to find a system that works for me.

What's "I HCG"?  Or did you mean "a HCG"?  Also, what the "circadia T3" protocol?

Also, one of my relatives, who is into health overall, tried many combinations of thyroid treatments, including dessicated thyroid or something similar, T3 alone (I believe) and a combination of T3 and T4.  What really worked for her was the latter - the combination of T3 and T4.  I think she liked the idea of the more natural thyroid, but it didn't work for her. 

As I'm sure you know, some people have trouble converting from T3 to T4, so that may be why she had the best luck with T3 and T4.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that, from everything I read including the Shames book that you recommended, you have to experiment with different thyroid treatments oftentimes before you find the one that makes you feel better.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:10:31 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:40 am »
I use a forehead thermometer.   I've calibrated it on my kids and myself.  I.e most of the times my kids read 98.6 but I read 97.1.   I haven't been working on thyroid long enough to answer your question but I can tell you when I have felt good normally my temperture is in the 98's.

Currently I am trying the circadian t3 protocol but only a couple days so i will ill report back more after I've been doing it  a bit.

My understanding is sometimes you can get insight into t3 only vs. T3/t4 combo based on blood tests.   If your t4 is normal but low free t3 then you have a conversion problem and likely need t3 only but if you have low t4 then a combo might be better.  Especially because more evidence is coming out showing t1 and t2 are also important thyroid hormones.

Anytime you supplement thyroid you need healthy adrenals although the circadian t3 method is the supposed exception because the intent is to get the adrenals working better in the am but this is only applicable to specific instances.   Search STTM circadian t3 method to learn more.

T-Power

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 09:06:36 am »
I've checked my morning temp the last two days and both times it was about 35.8 (96.44) and gets to around 36.8 (98.24) in the evening.

I tend to get cold more easily ever since losing around 20kg of weight but these last two days I haven't felt it despite the low temp readings.

EH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 07:22:44 pm »
I've checked my temperatures the last few days.  Each reading has been 97.6-97.8 consistently.  My cold feet have not been an issue since I stopped the experiment with Maca supplementation.  I also added in a separate selenium supplement (Now Foods) to help support the T4 to T3 conversion.
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 07:22:44 pm »