Quantcast

Author Topic: Viextra  (Read 10188 times)

duke11

• View Profile
Viextra
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:58:22 pm »
looking for some feedback on this product.  its claim to fame is that it has Vinitrox in it.  Viextra is sold in the UK as an erectile dysfunction treatment..

anyone ever try this or have any comments?
 :)

spiderman

• View Profile
Re: Viextra
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »
Looking at the site and quantity of ingredients duke it doesnt look that impressive....hard to see how small quantities, for example 100mg of arginine will do anything unless the vinitrox(250 mg) is some sort of miracle addition....very little of anything in there..

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:38 pm »
Looking at the site and quantity of ingredients duke it doesnt look that impressive....hard to see how small quantities, for example 100mg of arginine will do anything unless the vinitrox(250 mg) is some sort of miracle addition....very little of anything in there..

I don't have any personal experience with the product.  However, the studies look good for this.  I assume you've seen my site.  It's an extract of apple and grape, so it makes sense it would work.  But, hopefully, someone can give us some first hand experience.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

naturopath

• View Profile
    • Erectile Dysfunction Help Information
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:17 pm »

I don't have any personal experience with the product.  However, the studies look good for this.  I assume you've seen my site.  It's an extract of apple and grape, so it makes sense it would work.  But, hopefully, someone can give us some first hand experience.

Spiderman, have you taken a look at the studies to get an informed opinion on Vinitrox?  The study shows that it increases NO by over 20%. This is significant.  Unfortunately many uninformed people equate quantity with quality, this is folly.  Too much of one nutrient upsets the balance of others & can produce a negative efect throughout the metabolic pathways.  The whole point is to produce a formula that has a synergistic effect - the effect being greater than the sum of the parts.  Anyone & their dog can put 500mg or 1000mg of L-arginine in a capsule & market it as a miracle help for ED & charge a high figure for it.  In the case of L-arginine, it is known to stimulate viral infections at resonably low doses (300mg or so), particularly herpes - this is where folly comes into play.

Nutritional supplements & nutraceuticals are moving more & more toward being clinically tested for effectiveness and it is my opinion that in a few short years, products that do not have these trials/studies will be very hard to sell to anyone.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion - I base mine on over twenty years of clinical experience of producing formulas for high quality supplemental nutrients.
Naturopathic Doctor (U.K.)
http://www.erectiledysfunctionhelpinformation.com/

Disclaimer:
Any information I may provide is not a substitute for an evaluation by a medical professional.  It is my opinion and does not constitute a course of action to be followed nor does it imply a diagnosis.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:17 pm »

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »
Naturopath..Like most on here I have tried many combinations of different vits and supps and agree that it is not always the case that more is better and I have also found that too much of one can upset the balance of another and act against it.
It seems Vinitrox is in a lot of NO boosters which gives it credit.(maximuscle products for example)
I have to still ask though what is the point of adding 100mg of arginine and 100mg of trib?
Even in my limited experience (having taken larger doses of arginine and trib) I fail to see the point of them being in there. You may as well be selling vinitrox on its own.
You also quote "Tribulus within this formula is known to help elevate testosterone"...well you know tribulus does not really elevate testosteone right?...

NO boosters are great but for most on here finding the best natural way to increase their low T is the goal.
Vinitrox may well be a good NO booster in a more natural form but as you well know there are many ways to boost NO but many more other factors to consider regarding low T and ED.

naturopath

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 11:27:24 am »
Spiderman, this is complex and without going into too fine a detail and boring you and everyone else.....

The point of adding 100mg of a substance is that it acts to fuel a metabolic pathway that is deficient in a particular substance. The body only utilizes small amounts of a given substance and secretes the excess. this excretion process allows us to measure excreted nutrients in urine and feces.  As I said before it is totally erroneous to become fixated on quantity.  For instance, many minerals the body needs and utilises are in parts per million.

One may well say that people consume to much protein so they cannot be deficient in amino acids.  However, protein needs to be cleaved by digestion as a start and then the cleaved portions have to undergo dozens of different processes to be bio available.  If the body is deficient in just a single metabolic enzyme then the whole process is interrupted.  Unknown to most people is the fact that a myriad highly complicated correctly functioning pathways are required to convert just about everything we consume, wether it be supplements of foods, so that it is bio available.

On the subject of quantity again, homeopathy has not a single molecule of the original substance within the preparation.  What it has is the energy signature of that substance and this is highly important within the energetic systems of the body.

I take issue with your suggestion that 'I know that tribulus does not elevate testosterone,
' as it suggests that this is untruthful.  You are incorrect in your assumption about tribulus.  It has been known for years to contain at least two steroidal saponin compounds:  Go here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12579974

Again the quantity is not an issue to those of us working, understanding and seeing the results of a particular interventive approach.

I don't understand why you think that most people on this forum only want to boost testosterone.  If you have tess levels that are super-high but a lack of NO or blocked arteries or both, an erection ain't gonna happen!

Yes, there are many ways to boost NO and I go through this fully on my site as well as the importance of overall REAL health. Any supplement that address any issues is a kind of band aid for the problem.  However, these are important to kick start a more natural process as long as the underlying causes are understood and acted upon.

For longer than I care to remember I have been trying to re-educate people about the misinformation that has indoctrinated them on supplements, what they can and cannot do, etc.  This misinformation is due in the main to market hype and so-called health journalists repeating each others misinformation (positive or negative) until it becomes 'fact'.   As a past writer for Muscle News you would hardly believe what some reader believed!

I think I will draw a close on this subject now and in the future.  For those who wish to know the truth - search for it..........

Disclaimer:
Any information I may provide is not a substitute for an evaluation by a medical professional.  It is my opinion and does not constitute a course of action to be followed nor does it imply a diagnosis.

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 09:35:40 pm »
Naturopath...I take onboard what you are stating about the product and assume that the precise mix has been utilised to bring out the most of the NO boosting properties of the Vinitrox.
I look forward to some of the reviews...and I may try it if it is given positive feedback.

I still stand by the Trib comment as according to most studies I have read it seems the jury is still out on Trib as far as a T booster is concerned.

I am aware of some of the science behind homeopathy and am very much in favor of it. I also understand about the importance of the requirement for digestive enzymes such as lipase, papain etc to break down fats and protein...

Most people that post on this forum want to boost or raise T permenantly as they have low T symptoms or have been tested and their levels are low. Of course they may want to increase their NO production when they can get their levels up but that ain't a priority when you can barely function properly...I have yet to read a post of someone posting with super high T levels suffering from low NO...

There is no doubt a lot of misinformation about supps etc is about and it seems everyone wants to get in on the money making aspects of peoples health ...nothing new there..just more of it because of the net...
I appeciate your background and the fact that you been a past writer for Muscle News so you will be well aware of all the bogus T boosters etc...
The whole point of this extra forum is to review other products and so I will look forward to the positive reviews on Viextra when someone tries it..

Keep up the good work...

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:49 am »

naturopath

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 11:48:44 am »
In my view the studies link on tribulus posted by Spiderman are not at all relevant to the low tess issues discussed in this forum.

They relate to young healthy elite males who in the main will have no problems with testosterone levels, on the contrary! You cannot fill a tank that is full! This forum is comprised of males mostly not so young, who are mainly concerned, so it is said, with low testosterone levels.

One study looks at body composition, another at muscle strength & another at the ability to increase tess in healthy young men.

Disclaimer:

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »
Naturopath brings up a very interesting point about the Tribulis studies that I had not noticed before:  they are all on young men.  Now naturopath brought up the fact that it contains some steroidal compounds.  However, I am not sure one can argue that this is the primary mode of action for tribulis because of the fact that trib does not seem to work well on younger, healthy males.

Does that mean tribulis does not work though?  Well, one cannot make that assumption in all cases in my opinion and naturopath is stating that it worked in his practice I believe, and that is what I hope this forum is all about - letting other men know what has worked and what hasn't for them. 

From what I have read,  tribulis terristris' real claim to fame is in its ability to increase leutinizing hormone.  If that is true, then it may not work well on men who already have decent levels of leutinizing hormone already.

Here is an interesting study where they used it on female rats for just this effect, i.e. its "leutinizing" ability:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21883512

So perhaps if you still respond well to LH stimulation, i.e. if you have some form of secondary hypogonadism, you will do well with a good trib product.  That's speculation on my part, but again it goes back to the fact that you have to try it out for yourself and see if it works.

Naturopath:  Do you agree/disagree?

I do have one last comment: the more I read about tribulis terristris, the more I get a headache.  It is a very complex subject and I would urge anyone to do a lot of homework. 

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:14:47 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

naturopath

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:10:24 am »
PeakT.  I both agree and disagree!  No wonder you ahve a headache as do I many times going through studies.  As you correctly say, different people get different results with the same substance, so it is very difficult to say that this does this or that or nothing or acts upon this or that.  Even with out present knowlege so much of the metabolic pathways are a mystery.

I don't particulary want to open a can of worms here, but................................Einstein said "You cannot divorce the experiment from the experimentor" with this I agree 100%.  This has been proved in studies / clinical trials with homeopathic substances.  If the study team starts with the premise that this paricular substance will act upon this or that, then it almost certainly will.  If another team starts out with the premise that homeopathy is bogus and will not work, then when they test for a posive reaction based on other studies they get a negative result.  It is known that at a quantum level energy is being exchanged nano second by nano second between all things both animate and inanimate - each influencing the other positively or negatively.  This is how pacebo works - belief or lack of it.  Bottom line - studies / trials should be taken with a 'pinch of salt' and used as a rough guide to what may or may not happen.  Believe and so it shall be...................

Disclaimer:

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:10:24 am »