Quantcast

Author Topic: Former abuser, now on TRT  (Read 5524 times)

wildbill

• View Profile
Former abuser, now on TRT
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »
New poster here, obviously : )

So, I've always tested low Ts since my early 20s. I tested low 400s at that time, my doctor wouldn't do anything for me despite my numerous symptoms, so I took matters into my own hands. I started with just normal doses, but eventually just got into "cruising and blasting" and using various compounds. I used to run around 400mg of Testosterone a week with periods of higher doses and other compounds. Never had any blood tests done during this time(dumb).

Anyway, I came off everything a couple years ago due to some anxiety issues. All my blood work was fine. After a year, blood was still good, anxiety got sorted out, but my total T was around 370. Again, my endo and doctor wouldn't do anything, despite my symptoms. This time I found an anti-aging doc who would treat me. I'm on 200mg and my last blood showed my total T at 1000. I'm feeling pretty good again.

So my question- any supplements you guys are taking specifically to complement your TRT? I'm already using fish oil, a good multi, Vitamin D3, probiotics.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Former abuser, now on TRT
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:15:27 am »

So, I've always tested low Ts since my early 20s. I tested low 400s at that time, my doctor wouldn't do anything for me despite my numerous symptoms, so I took matters into my own hands. I started with just normal doses, but eventually just got into "cruising and blasting" and using various compounds. I used to run around 400mg of Testosterone a week with periods of higher doses and other compounds. Never had any blood tests done during this time(dumb).

Anyway, I came off everything a couple years ago due to some anxiety issues. All my blood work was fine. After a year, blood was still good, anxiety got sorted out, but my total T was around 370. Again, my endo and doctor wouldn't do anything, despite my symptoms. This time I found an anti-aging doc who would treat me. I'm on 200mg and my last blood showed my total T at 1000. I'm feeling pretty good again.

So my question- any supplements you guys are taking specifically to complement your TRT? I'm already using fish oil, a good multi, Vitamin D3, probiotics.

Wow!  I get "amped" at 150 mg/week.  Can't imagine that much cypionate.

Question - and I'm asking for a reason:  what is your age?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:15:27 am »

wildbill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 12:24:29 am »
I am 29.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:32:20 am »
I am 29.

Okay, well, let's assume that erections are okay in spite of the lowish testosterone.  The good purpose supplements even for a young guy would also include imo:

brewer's yeast (unfortified) for B vitamins
magnesium (preferably not oxide)
Vitamin C (500 mg -1500 mg/day)
to think about:  red tart cherry extract or turmeric
good nitrate foods or extracts throughout day

Oops gotta go.  Will write more later...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:32:20 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 12:44:24 am »
Zinc is another one that a lot of guys swear by.  I take some - about an RDA's worth - because I'm very close to a vegetarian and virtually never eat red meat. 

This is my recommendation and I'm twice your age, so I've probably seen twice the battles:

1)  Stay out of supplements except for the bare necessities.

2)  Focus on food and drinks that will keep your arteries clean and boost your nitric oxide through the roof.  At 29 you'll do great if you just boost your T a little and as you are doing and then keep your endothelium clean.

3)  When you get a little older, focus on foods that will protect your endothelial tissues.  Many of your organs are lined with endothelial tissue like your arteries and, as you age, these become quite vulnerable to cancer.  You don't need to worry about that yet, but file it away for later. 

And kudos to you for worrying about your health at such a young age...

wildbill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 12:58:03 am »
I used to take a lot of supplements. Since the anxiety issues I reduced a lot of what I took. I used to take in too much caffeine. Now it's mostly the staples...Multi, fish oil, vitamin C, Vitamin D3, probiotics... I've got cupboards full though of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, grape seed extract, creatine, BCAAs, CoQ10, CLA, pantothenic acid, DMAE, etc etc etc. I don't use these as much anymore though.

My diet is, and has always been pretty clean. Lots of lean cuts, slow digesting carbs, eggs, healthy fats, fruits, veggies, water water water... What kind of foods are you recommending for endothelial tissues? I consider pretty knowledgeable in regards to health, but I'm going to have to Google that one.

I should be good on zinc, I eat a decent amount of red meat and take a hefty multi as well.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 04:34:52 am »
I used to take a lot of supplements. Since the anxiety issues I reduced a lot of what I took. I used to take in too much caffeine. Now it's mostly the staples...Multi, fish oil, vitamin C, Vitamin D3, probiotics... I've got cupboards full though of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, grape seed extract, creatine, BCAAs, CoQ10, CLA, pantothenic acid, DMAE, etc etc etc. I don't use these as much anymore though.

My diet is, and has always been pretty clean. Lots of lean cuts, slow digesting carbs, eggs, healthy fats, fruits, veggies, water water water... What kind of foods are you recommending for endothelial tissues? I consider pretty knowledgeable in regards to health, but I'm going to have to Google that one.

I should be good on zinc, I eat a decent amount of red meat and take a hefty multi as well.

Great.  What you wrote above is better than I did at your age.  One thing to realize:  industrial chicken and eggs are unnaturally packed with arachidonic acid due to the ridiculous way in which they live and are fed.  Imo this will likely bite you later in life.  I cannot possibly tell you the grief that inflammation will cause you when you get past about 35-40 if you don't keep in under control.  I have quite a few links on the subject and want to do many more:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Inflammation

Now inflammation causes young men issues though as well.  It can cause thyroid, adrenal, allergy/asthma issues and can worsen things like depression and so on in young guys.  When you get a little older it can contribute to Crohn's, diabetes, arthritis, probably accelerated andropause, Alzheimer's, various cancers, prostatitis - the list just could go on almost endlessly.  Have you seen what happens to the typical middle-aged person around you?  You can thank inflammation for that.

Again, nothing to panic about at 29, but start reading on the subject from time to time and you'll save yourself a world of grief later and, in the meantime, drop the industrial meats and go to truly clean foods instead.  Did you know most of the eggs you buy have arsenic added to them?  There are so many examples of dangerous things they do to meat - even "lean cuts" - that it's too much to put into one post.  But you want range fed and lean imo if you are going to eat meat.

Now you eat pretty close to Paleo it sounds like.  I could be reading more into it, but you seem to be avoiding dairy and grains, which is of course the gospel of Paleo.  Well, I would just add one thing to your prescription:  keep your LDL levels down. 

Loren Cordain, the father of Paleo, did a fantastic paper in his earlier days and he showed that all the modern primal peoples that we know of had cholesterol below 150, which, of course, means their LDL was quite low.  Cholesterol is really a pretty meaningless number - it's really LDL that counts.  If you keep your LDL down, you'll have no arterial plaque (almost for sure) as you age. 

To get an idea of the numbers that many of the experts cite to actually reverse plaque, I discuss that here:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Your_LDL_Levels

Now at 29 you do not need to actually reverse plaque.  But you want to make sure that it does not build up.  One author you'll really enjoy reading is Dr. William Davis.  See his book Track Your Plaque. 

Again, virtually all the ultrahealthy cultures - even the ones that eat a fair amount of meat - have fairly low LDL levels. 

I'm a Low Fat guy and believe in low fat meats. 

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Low_Fat_Meats

Everyone believes in healthy fats - even low fat guys like myself.  The issues is how much and, if you read Dr. Davis - who is NOT a Low Fat guy - you'll see why the science is so strong that you must protect yourself from arteriosclerosis.  If you don't, you'll end up like most of the older men around you who have almost zero nitric oxide coming out of their arteries due to plaque.

And the 96/4 ground round is NOT low fat and is not anything like the lion's share - no pun intended - of wild game...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:40:43 am by PeakT »

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »

how is your libido, erection strength, and time between orgasms while on 200mg?

I screwed my hormones up on superdrol use and am thinking about jumping onto HRT. I think my doc will give me 200mg a week. When you say you feel good can you describe how you

wildbill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 02:08:52 am »

Great.  What you wrote above is better than I did at your age.  One thing to realize:  industrial chicken and eggs are unnaturally packed with arachidonic acid due to the ridiculous way in which they live and are fed.  Imo this will likely bite you later in life.  I cannot possibly tell you the grief that inflammation will cause you when you get past about 35-40 if you don't keep in under control.  I have quite a few links on the subject and want to do many more:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Inflammation

Now inflammation causes young men issues though as well.  It can cause thyroid, adrenal, allergy/asthma issues and can worsen things like depression and so on in young guys.  When you get a little older it can contribute to Crohn's, diabetes, arthritis, probably accelerated andropause, Alzheimer's, various cancers, prostatitis - the list just could go on almost endlessly.  Have you seen what happens to the typical middle-aged person around you?  You can thank inflammation for that.

Again, nothing to panic about at 29, but start reading on the subject from time to time and you'll save yourself a world of grief later and, in the meantime, drop the industrial meats and go to truly clean foods instead.  Did you know most of the eggs you buy have arsenic added to them?  There are so many examples of dangerous things they do to meat - even "lean cuts" - that it's too much to put into one post.  But you want range fed and lean imo if you are going to eat meat.

Now you eat pretty close to Paleo it sounds like.  I could be reading more into it, but you seem to be avoiding dairy and grains, which is of course the gospel of Paleo.  Well, I would just add one thing to your prescription:  keep your LDL levels down. 

Loren Cordain, the father of Paleo, did a fantastic paper in his earlier days and he showed that all the modern primal peoples that we know of had cholesterol below 150, which, of course, means their LDL was quite low.  Cholesterol is really a pretty meaningless number - it's really LDL that counts.  If you keep your LDL down, you'll have no arterial plaque (almost for sure) as you age. 

To get an idea of the numbers that many of the experts cite to actually reverse plaque, I discuss that here:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Your_LDL_Levels

Now at 29 you do not need to actually reverse plaque.  But you want to make sure that it does not build up.  One author you'll really enjoy reading is Dr. William Davis.  See his book Track Your Plaque. 

Again, virtually all the ultrahealthy cultures - even the ones that eat a fair amount of meat - have fairly low LDL levels. 

I'm a Low Fat guy and believe in low fat meats. 

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Low_Fat_Meats

Everyone believes in healthy fats - even low fat guys like myself.  The issues is how much and, if you read Dr. Davis - who is NOT a Low Fat guy - you'll see why the science is so strong that you must protect yourself from arteriosclerosis.  If you don't, you'll end up like most of the older men around you who have almost zero nitric oxide coming out of their arteries due to plaque.

And the 96/4 ground round is NOT low fat and is not anything like the lion's share - no pun intended - of wild game...

My diet isn't really paleo. I rattled off a few of my main staples, but I should have also included milk and oats in that list as well. Skim milk, and oats just for breakfast. No bread though, and rarely pasta.

Good points about the free range meats and eggs. I know I should have been purchasing better meats for a long time, not only for superior nutrient profiles, but also because I'm a softy and find animal factory farming depressing and cruel. This is definitely something I need to rectify.

As far as my LDL, I recently had blood work done for work for insurance purposes. My LDL was 111, which is a little high, but my HDL was 65, so my ratio was good. This is something I've worried about as there are cholesterol issues in my family, and diabetes, which is why I always ate pretty well. My triglycerides were 59 which is great. Everything else is good aside from my LDL.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:34:49 am by wildbill »

wildbill

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 02:17:32 am »
how is your libido, erection strength, and time between orgasms while on 200mg?

I screwed my hormones up on superdrol use and am thinking about jumping onto HRT. I think my doc will give me 200mg a week. When you say you feel good can you describe how you

My libido and erection strength are great. Time between orgasms, I'm unsure. My wife is has multiple Os so she's wiped out after one session.

Are you sure you screwed your hormones up from Superdrol? Did you have baseline testosterone levels before it, and what are they now? Superdrol is pretty strong, but cycles are short, seems unlikely it'd cause long lasting damage?

Even after around 4-5 years of staying on testosterone along with occasional winstrol, dianabol, anadrol, deca, trenbolone, masteron, equipoise, and a few other things, my body was able to start producing testosterone again naturally. Granted, the levels were low, but they've always been low. All I used for PCT was a week of clomid and a few thousand iu of HCG.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:37:36 am by wildbill »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 03:02:23 am »
Noted. Just passing along info.  You have lots of time to read and research.  It's very interesting stuff...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 03:02:23 am »