Quantcast

Author Topic: 22 year old with low test  (Read 5537 times)

Mcallister

• View Profile
22 year old with low test
« on: June 09, 2012, 05:59:47 am »
Hello all, first post here. This is a fun one btw Well as the title says 22 years old with low test :-\. First I should say I have used prohormones in the past. I use to bodybuild before several unhealthy years in college of partying. I had developed an addiction to opiate painkillers for two years during college. I just celebrated a year clean from drugs and alcohol in January. Upon sobering up I got back into bodybuilding and very dedicated to my fitness. I had dramatically changed my body composition from 5'8 235 fat to 190 12-15% body fat.

I wanted to make up for lost time so I decided to use a pro hormone called hdrol. First cycle went great and felt great afterwords I followed up with 4 weeks pct of nolvadex.being that I had little suppression I decided to give it another go I then jumped into another one a few months after called ultradrol. This one caused all the issues for me. I was extremely shut down after cycle do I decided to get bloodwork. First blood test was 2 months after cycle. My test was at 268 LH-3.3 FSH-2.0 estradiol 17.7.

I then scheduled an endocrinologist appt and started dosing nolvadex at 20/20/10/10 along with d-aspartic acid and zma I also changed my diet, upped my intake of fats and overall calories and did a lot of compound heavy lifts. Received more bloodwork from my endo which was a month later on the last week of the nolvadex. My bloodwork was test-519ng/dl free test 10.2, prolactin 10.2, FSH 3.7, LH 6.9. I was happy with the results despite not feeling fully recovered. Fast forward three mOnths later. I had a follow up with my endo. In the mean time I felt strong in the gym but could get rid of the last ten pounds of fat despite how hard I hit cardio or ate clean. My libido was also effed but was better than before so I figured I was still cruising in the 500 for test. Well anyway my bloodwork was terrible. LH-2.4, FSh-1.6( 1 tick from being flagged low) test 331 ng/dl and prolactin 13.8. So upon this result my endo gave me an order for more blood in 1 month. I'm inpatient and feeling symptoms. I have little sex drive, testicles are smaller, and I can't seem to burn any of this bodyfat I understand trt at my age is controversial. Do you guys think I caused permanent damage from

the ph cycles? Seems like the pituitary isn't pumpin out LH and FSH. The fact that I was at 519 on the nolva and them dropped down scares me. What are your thoughts opinions? Also for after my bloodwork at 519 i didnt use any prohormones or hormonal products. Supplements I were taking was whey protein, creatine, fish oil and a multi v.  All my drawings were at 8-9am.  Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:41:55 am by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: 22 year old with low test
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the struggles.  Have you asked your doc about Clomid?  It sounds like he/she is not considering that?

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=260.0

As you can see, it works very well with some guys for secondary type of situations.  Of course, it is a pharmaceutical and does have some side effects for some guys.

Btw, some steroid guys use a combo of the two.  One thing that I advise is talking to a good fertility doc.  These guys seem to really know their stuff and very commonly work with young men like yourself, because of the whole fertility issue.

Also, HCG may help in some cases.  Check out this post by FightLowT - he's a young guy going through some of the same things as you:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=223.msg1769#msg1769

He didn't like his experience on HCG.  He did almost get his secondary restored but had somewhat of a relapse like you.  Hopefully, he'll chime in...

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:36:24 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »

Mcallister

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »
Thanks peakt, so far my endo wants to play the waiting game. I've been open with all my ph use and up til this last test he didn't seem concerned. A few questions, it seems like I respond to SERMS by a 100% increase, but I don't "feel" the increase in test. If there low next test which I feel they will be, should I push for hCG, I heard endos don't really prescribe hCG due to an old school approach. Is it heard of for endos to prescribe hCG + test. Also would seeing a urologist be more specific to my issue? Seems like my endo deals with old folks with diabetes.
Does anyone know of any endos in south Florida that are more geared towards trt? And do do insurance companies cover fertility doctors?

Mcallister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:34 pm »
Okay so I'd like to give this thread a little update. After seeing an endocrinologist and 2 urologists I finally started to get some answers. I ended up going to a top dog fertility based urologist who's very modern with trt. After examination he felt a varicecole and felt it could possibly explain my low t (this could also explain the scrotal pain/lower abdomen pain I had a few years back). Going for bloodwork (total test, free test, estradiol, lh, FSh, prolactin, hepatic function and a CBC) also having a scrotal ultrasound, as well as a complete sperm analysis. He said clomid is going to be our first line of defense, followed by hCG+clomid.

On another note my spirits have been lifted and my hope restored. For awhile I felt like I was just banging my head against the wall. So happy I found a doctor who understand the importance of testosterone to men especially to men who train and are very conscious of this issue

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:34 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 04:02:28 am »
Great news.  Btw, I'm sorry I missed your previous - not sure how that happened.  The clomid makes a lot of sense and the HCG may get your testicular size back up from what I understand. 

It's said but you really have to talk to the right doc now.  Is there any concern about the prolactin being at the upper end of the scale? 

Let us know how it goes...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:27 pm »
Okay so I'd like to give this thread a little update. After seeing an endocrinologist and 2 urologists I finally started to get some answers. I ended up going to a top dog fertility based urologist who's very modern with trt. After examination he felt a varicecole and felt it could possibly explain my low t (this could also explain the scrotal pain/lower abdomen pain I had a few years back). Going for bloodwork (total test, free test, estradiol, lh, FSh, prolactin, hepatic function and a CBC) also having a scrotal ultrasound, as well as a complete sperm analysis. He said clomid is going to be our first line of defense, followed by hCG+clomid.

On another note my spirits have been lifted and my hope restored. For awhile I felt like I was just banging my head against the wall. So happy I found a doctor who understand the importance of testosterone to men especially to men who train and are very conscious of this issue

good that you've made headway. you're pathway into a good doc sounds like mine...My T levels were around 200 for a long time i assume. i found a fertility/erectile health/T friendly urologist after seeing a non helpful endo. Like you, he found a varicocele in me. That was march, and now i'm 2 months on after surgery. Are you going to get yours repaired?

And also like you he prescribed Clomid for me, as i want to preserve fertility. I went from 200 ng/dl to 627 ng/dl in about 5 weeks. I've now been on the clomid exactly 3 months today.  Will get tested again mid august.

Mcallister

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:41 pm »
Thanks guys, it's very uplifting to see others that are going through a similar problem and are having success. As far as prolactin the doc didnt mention that he thought it was an issue. I explained that I get gyno flare ups every now and again and he prescribed a lab for estradiol.
 It's strange the other day I ejaculated twice once in the mornin and then later at night, after the second time about 20 minutes after my nipples became very itchy and a lump emerged in the morning my guess would have been a spike in prolactin that caused the flare?
As far as correcting it, we haven't discussed this yet, but my next visit is a few weeks away after I get the labs ultrasound and fertility test.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »
The prolactin is probably not an issue but you want to ask about it imo...Do a search on my site and you'll see how it causes issues if it gets too high.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:42:57 pm »