Quantcast

Author Topic: Dean Ornish Study  (Read 19977 times)

MrChickenkiev

• View Profile
Re: Dean Ornish Study
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »
And you're wrong, even with the exercise proviso.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »
And the people criticizing Ornish are pointing to fairly basic flaws in scientific method, which a child would understand. The truth is that he may even believe his original research, but we shouldn't.

So let me get this straight:  you don't think there's anything to Ornish's research? 

I'm sorry, but I see this kind of thing in men quite often: 

to try to fortify their viewpoint, they deny that there is any value or good from their opponent.

I admit that saturated fat has some good properties and have actually written several great pages about it on my site.  Why can't you admit that Ornish and other Low Fat researchers have done some good research?

Right now a Low Fat Diet has been shown to

1.  Improve telomere function
2.  Partially reverse the epidemic of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
3.  Turn off 100's of prostate cancer genes.
4.  Improve blood flow
5.  Lower blood pressure
6.  Improve endothelial function
7.  Elevate mood
8.  Arrest and possibly reverse arteriosclerosis

Are you saying you believe all this research is bogus?  I just think that is a very strange debating tactic to be honest.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:53:59 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:47 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »
And you're wrong, even with the exercise proviso.

I will give you just two scenarios and there are many showing that it I am not wrong and that it does not mix well with a modern lifestyle:

1.  Do a scholarly search and you will find that if you increase fat over a certain threshold, you actually induce insulin resistance.  In some men, it may be 40%, in others 45%, in others 50%.  But the point is:  too much fat and you are in deep doo doo.  Again, this is used in lab animals all the time.  (You can also elevate fat levels to induce non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in animals as well.)

2.  The term for very high cholesterol in the literature is hypercholesteremia.  When you couple this with inflammation, you anhiliate your cardiovascular system.  Look at the title of this research article if you don't believe me:

http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v8/n11/abs/nm1102-1211.html
"Atherogenesis in perspective: Hypercholesterolemia and inflammation as partners in crime"

I don't think there's a cardiologist on planet earth that believes like you do that cholesterol + inflammation is okay for you, so I don't know why you keep saying I am disagreeing with "experts all over the globe".

As I've said repeateadly, if you are going to consume satured fat,  you must be very, very careful because it increases cholesterol (and decreases blood flow).  Too much inflammation and you die.  Too much total fat and you die.  Too many refined carbs and you die.

Again, just cut back on the fat and you've got a nice insurance policy.

That's why the famed China Study came to this conclusion:

"Across cultures, cholesterol is linearly related to CHD mortality"
http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article?volume=274&issue=2&page=131

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:55:53 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

naturopath

• View Profile
    • Erectile Dysfunction Help Information
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:14 am »
NO naturopath. You are here to boost your ego....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Gibisim ocuze  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[edited by moderator:  You are free to defend yourself in a debate but not by attacking someone's practice and character that you know nothing about.  Please rewrite and stick to the issues.]

Naturopathic Doctor (U.K.)
http://www.erectiledysfunctionhelpinformation.com/

Disclaimer:
Any information I may provide is not a substitute for an evaluation by a medical professional.  It is my opinion and does not constitute a course of action to be followed nor does it imply a diagnosis.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 09:27:14 am »

MrChickenkiev

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 11:31:31 am »
There is a stipulation on the forum homepage that there is to be no sales. A link to the website by the person selling that service breaks that basic tenet. But I note you are selling/promoting each others services, so that figures. Quid Pro Quo.

The fact that he puts a disclaimer, that he is not offering medical advice-says it all. Plus so mature putting all those smiley faces, on his reply.

I merely called into question the whole practice of Homeopathy, and asked Naturopathy if he performed that type of dubious intervention. Perhaps he doesn't, if so, good for him. On to the next issue.

As for not being allowed to question someone's professional approach, that has been central to discussing Weston, THINCS, medical doctors and all the other research we have looked at so far.  By that reckoning some New Age Hippy "Professional" who comes on this forum and says that Crystals can be used to cure ED, cannot be criticized.

It's no surprise to me, that you have attempted to silence me. At some point I knew the truth would be too much to handle. What you are saying is that your forum members can be spoken to with contempt but if they defend themselves against someone with dubious credentials then they get silenced. I'd be surprised if this post even sees the light of day.

Surely Naturopath is a big enough man to defend his own practice, without silencing freedom of speech?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:43:36 am by MrChickenkiev »

MrChickenkiev

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:42 am »
I also note my last post was removed- without any reference to anyone's professional competence.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:42:29 am by MrChickenkiev »

naturopath

• View Profile
    • Erectile Dysfunction Help Information
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 12:47:41 pm »
There is a stipulation on the forum homepage that there is to be no sales. A link to the website by the person selling that service breaks that basic tenet. But I note you are selling/promoting each others services, so that figures. Quid Pro Quo.

The fact that he puts a disclaimer, that he is not offering medical advice-says it all. Plus so mature putting all those smiley faces, on his reply.

I merely called into question the whole practice of Homeopathy, and asked Naturopathy if he performed that type of dubious intervention. Perhaps he doesn't, if so, good for him. On to the next issue.

As for not being allowed to question someone's professional approach, that has been central to discussing Weston, THINCS, medical doctors and all the other research we have looked at so far.  By that reckoning some New Age Hippy "Professional" who comes on this forum and says that Crystals can be used to cure ED, cannot be criticized.

It's no surprise to me, that you have attempted to silence me. At some point I knew the truth would be too much to handle. What you are saying is that your forum members can be spoken to with contempt but if they defend themselves against someone with dubious credentials then they get silenced. I'd be surprised if this post even sees the light of day.

Surely Naturopath is a big enough man to defend his own practice, without silencing freedom of speech?

They are not smiley faces - I am laughing.  ;D ;D ;D  Gibisin tam.  I have no need to defend myself or my 'dubious credentials'  to one such as you.  I neither agree or disagree with you.  In your reality whatever you believe in is your truth & that is perfectly acceptable.  Just refrain from trying to ram it down the throat's of others who percieve a different reality.  Find someone else who will listen to your diatribe.  These are my final words to you, I have more constructive things to do.
Naturopathic Doctor (U.K.)
http://www.erectiledysfunctionhelpinformation.com/

Disclaimer:
Any information I may provide is not a substitute for an evaluation by a medical professional.  It is my opinion and does not constitute a course of action to be followed nor does it imply a diagnosis.

MrChickenkiev

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »
"To one such as you".  ;D

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »

CKiev:  I like your posts in general a and I think you are a good researcher with many great ideas and I appreciate that.  Naturopath has been a help to me and has given me several key ideas in my own life for which I am indebted.

All I ask is that you do not assault his practice or character when you know nothing about him.  I don't think that's too much to ask.  You went to far in that post and that's why I removed it.

I am not trying to get rid of you:  post away if you'd like. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 01:31:37 pm »