Quantcast

Author Topic: The Emotion Code Dropped My Blood Pressure.  (Read 3298 times)

tre

• View Profile
The Emotion Code Dropped My Blood Pressure.
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »
What would be an interesting study is to measure the testosterone levels of college aged men in a bar and compare the ones who aggressively go after the chicks and stay up all night vs. the guys that hang back and wait for a window of opportunity.

I was a hang back guy.  I did ok, but I know I could have done a lot better if I was just a tad more aggressive.   Maybe it was my t levels...

Okay, this is interesting.  I had seen this before but never in such detail:  as you know, per Paul Zaks as testosterone goes up, oxytocin goes down.  Let's assume that low testosterone can have elevated oxytocin:

http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/07/27/love-hormone-oxytocin-tied-to-social-anxiety-fear-in-mice/57652.html
"
'Love Hormone' Oxytocin Tied to Social Anxiety, Fear in MiceAlthough the hormone oxytocin is well-known for its ability to promote feelings of love, social bonding and well-being, new Northwestern Medicine research shows that oxytocin can also intensify painful emotional memories.

The findings are important as chronic social stress is strongly linked to anxiety and depression, and positive social interactions are known to enhance emotional health. The research, which was conducted on mice, is significant because oxytocin currently is being tested as an anti-anxiety drug in several clinical trials.

According to the study, oxytocin seems to play a major role in turning a stressful social situation into a long-term, painful emotional memory.

For example, when a social experience is negative or stressful, oxytocin activates a part of the brain that intensifies the memory and increases the likelihood of feeling anxious during future stressful events."

This described me perfectly post-puberty.  My personality dramatically changed - scared my parents a bit - and became a complete introvert due to social anxiety.  Now I'm the opposite - no real fear there...

This is very interesting.  I think I've always had low testosterone and thus, high Oxytocin...until I got on TRT many years ago.  However, what happens to these long-term, painful emotional memories during the time that we have high Oxytocin?  Do they go away with TRT or remain under the surface?

Have you ever heard of the Emotion Code?  My aunt, now is on her deathbed due to obesity, used to be a very good practitioner of the Emotion Code.  I thought it was hocus pocus frankly and said so.  However, my aunt asked if she could have permission to treat me.  She thought it could help my high BP.  I was on no BP meds at the time.   I saw no harm in it and it wouldn't take any of my time as I didn't even have to be present in order for her to treat me.  She told me that it would take only a few days to start seeing some results.   Within ONE WEEK, my BP went from 170's/100's to 130's over 80's....no joke.  Even now, I wonder if it was some kind of fluke.  It stayed that way for MANY months until life hit an extremely stressful point again and the BP rose again.  I am actually going to look into finding another good practitioner of emotional healing as there just might be something to this.  It seems crazy to me, but I can't get over those previous results.  I'm currently on all this BP medication so I don't die of a stroke or heart attack and my aunt was able to get that down by clearing negative emotions....at least that is how it seemed.  It's ironic that she is on her deathbed due to obesity (she lives to eat), but was able to help me significantly even with her own shortcomings...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:37:18 pm by tre »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: The Emotion Code Dropped My Blood Pressure.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »
I'm a big believer in the Mind-Body connection and believe that this will be one of the new frontier of research over the next 20 years.

And I believe your story about the blood pressure.  I've seen that to a certain extent in myself.

But a question:  so what is the "Emotion Code"?  I went to the site, but it has a lot of heavy marketing that is hard for me to stomach.  Can you distil it down for us?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:02 pm »
I'm a big believer in the Mind-Body connection and believe that this will be one of the new frontier of research over the next 20 years.

And I believe your story about the blood pressure.  I've seen that to a certain extent in myself.

But a question:  so what is the "Emotion Code"?  I went to the site, but it has a lot of heavy marketing that is hard for me to stomach.  Can you distil it down for us?

The Emotion Code is the only one I've had personal experience with.  There is also the Healing Codes and other ones that also seem to work for many.  I think the Emotion Code is mostly about clearing PAST negative emotions that are causing health issues.  I am not sure how she did it as I have not read the book.  My parents now own the book so I may go ahead and read it.  My problem is that it's hard for me to read a book...I wish it came on CD so that I could listen to it while I drive.  I think the Healing Codes is similar, but there are other ones that deal with healing current emotion instead of past emotion.  I really was a skeptic and still kind of am one.  However, I can't deny that something significant happened to me while my aunt was "treating me" with the Emotion Code.  I'm thinking about finding someone that has mastered ALL of the "emotion" methods and just paying them to treat me.  If it works again, then I'll spend the time to master these things myself as you can't really put a price on good health...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:23:32 pm »

The Emotion Code is the only one I've had personal experience with.  There is also the Healing Codes and other ones that also seem to work for many.  I think the Emotion Code is mostly about clearing PAST negative emotions that are causing health issues.  I am not sure how she did it as I have not read the book.  My parents now own the book so I may go ahead and read it.  My problem is that it's hard for me to read a book...I wish it came on CD so that I could listen to it while I drive.  I think the Healing Codes is similar, but there are other ones that deal with healing current emotion instead of past emotion.  I really was a skeptic and still kind of am one.  However, I can't deny that something significant happened to me while my aunt was "treating me" with the Emotion Code.  I'm thinking about finding someone that has mastered ALL of the "emotion" methods and just paying them to treat me.  If it works again, then I'll spend the time to master these things myself as you can't really put a price on good health...

Just read a little about PTSD and related topics and it'll make you a believer...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:23:32 pm »