Quantcast

Author Topic: I3C and Calcium-D-Glucarate Better Than Arimidex?  (Read 6954 times)

JustAskin

• View Profile
I3C and Calcium-D-Glucarate Better Than Arimidex?
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:09 am »
I use the compounded version of Arimidex, Called Anastrozole, it comes in .1mg. mini-troche that you take under the tongue.
Here is how much it lowers E2.
My E2 on a Thursday was 31, I took only 1/2 of the .1mg. (.05mg) and the next Thursday my E2 was 19.
As you can see there is such a quick drop that it is hard to control and takes at least 2 weeks to get back between 22-28.
But with Indole-3-Carbinol and  Calcium-D-Glucarate it stayed constant at 21-24 for 6 weeks with blood work every week. I only worry that the Indole-3-Carbinol though good for BHP will kill DHT which helps with erections.

From something I read:
Calcium D-Glucarate
There is an enzyme called Beta-Glucuronidase that can interfere with the elimination process by breaking the bond between the used hormone/toxin and the water soluble substance that it should ideally be broken down  to be excreted from the body.

Fortunately, Calcium D-Glucarate can help to inhibit or stop the beta-glucuronidase enzyme that can interfere with this process, allowing the body to properly eliminate the used hormones and toxins. Calcium D-Glucarate is an important part of fully eliminating excess estrogens and toxins.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:48:09 am by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: I3C and Calcium-D-Glucarate Better Than Arimidex?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:38 am »
Okay,

I think you are really onto something here.  First of all, a number of guys have had a similar reaction to Arimidex, i.e. even small doses seemed to body slam their estradiol to the floor.  It looks like you found a practical way around this.

Can I ask a couple of questions:

1.  To clarify, you were taking both I3C and Calcium-D-Glucarate, correct? 

2.  If so, can you let us know what dosage you were taking and how many times per day? 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:38 am »

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:39:07 pm »
I am taking Source Naturals 500mg. Morning and Evening, and Indole-3-Carbinol 200mg. with lunch.

In one study, calcium-d-glucarate was able to reduce the number of estrogen receptors by 48 percent.  Itís also been shown to lower serum estrogen levels by 23 percent.
 By allowing the body to properly eliminate the used hormones and toxins. Calcium D-Glucarate is an important part of fully eliminating excess estrogens and toxins.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:41 pm »
I am taking Source Naturals 500mg. Morning and Evening, and Indole-3-Carbinol 200mg. with lunch.

In one study, calcium-d-glucarate was able to reduce the number of estrogen receptors by 48 percent.  Itís also been shown to lower serum estrogen levels by 23 percent.
 By allowing the body to properly eliminate the used hormones and toxins. Calcium D-Glucarate is an important part of fully eliminating excess estrogens and toxins.

Thx Just Askin...I've been wanting to include this type of info in a new page and will fold this into it. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:02:41 pm »

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 01:03:16 pm »
I'm already taking a full dose of DIM twice per day along with 1mg 3 x per week of Arimidex (blood test results in less than a week).  I am very curious about this Calcium-D-Glucarate though.  Would this contribute to ones daily consumption of Calcium or would this be considered completely separate from other forms of Calcium?

I would like to eventually reduce my dose of Arimidex by combining it with I3C(or DIM) and/or Calcium-D-Glucarate.  I think this will be a possibility once I fix my low SHBG. 

JustAskin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »
I have read if you take DIM you should always take Calcium-d-Glucarate with it.
It is not used as Calcium: here is some info. that got me to try it

[MODERATOR's UPDATE:  JustAskin wants you to read thru this link:  http://www.bulletproofexec.com/calcium-d-glucarate/ .]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:21:56 pm by PeakT »

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 01:23:23 pm »
I use the compounded version of Arimidex, Called Anastrozole, it comes in .1mg. mini-troche that you take under the tongue.
Here is how much it lowers E2.
My E2 on a Thursday was 31, I took only 1/2 of the .1mg. (.05mg) and the next Thursday my E2 was 19.
As you can see there is such a quick drop that it is hard to control and takes at least 2 weeks to get back between 22-28.
But with Indole-3-Carbinol and  Calcium-D-Glucarate it stayed constant at 21-24 for 6 weeks with blood work every week. I only worry that the Indole-3-Carbinol though good for BHP will kill DHT which helps with erections.

From something I read:
Calcium D-Glucarate
There is an enzyme called Beta-Glucuronidase that can interfere with the elimination process by breaking the bond between the used hormone/toxin and the water soluble substance that it should ideally be broken down  to be excreted from the body.

Fortunately, Calcium D-Glucarate can help to inhibit or stop the beta-glucuronidase enzyme that can interfere with this process, allowing the body to properly eliminate the used hormones and toxins. Calcium D-Glucarate is an important part of fully eliminating excess estrogens and toxins.

Your estrogen level at 31 was probably just fine and 19 is definitely too low. I took large doses of Calcium D-Glucarate for 2 months - did absolutely  nothing for me.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »
This is the product I was taking when I was doing injections.   It was hard to tell if it was making a difference or not.

I'd like to see some hard evidence that this stuff works for someone.

http://www.jarrow.com/product/595/DIM_+_CDG

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:17 pm »