Quantcast

Author Topic: Is HRT Just Too Painful Due to High Libido?  (Read 8284 times)

NC

• View Profile
Is HRT Just Too Painful Due to High Libido?
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:08 pm »
I understand.  My wife's health is not allowing us to have sex as often as we used to.  I'm seriously considering the health benefits of testosterone versus being constantly horny and not having sex.  I'm hoping pain management can change her meds.  In the past year my libido has gone up but hers has gone down. 
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.
Injecting 1ml of Cypionate every 12 days, 9/18/13 Peak T level is 1030!

bzarfas

• View Profile
    • http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Enemies.aspx
Re: Is HRT Just Too Painful Due to High Libido?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
I understand.  My wife's health is not allowing us to have sex as often as we used to.  I'm seriously considering the health benefits of testosterone versus being constantly horny and not having sex.  I'm hoping pain management can change her meds.  In the past year my libido has gone up but hers has gone down.

I hope your wife gets better soon.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 12:37:20 am »

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:40:55 am »
Good luck to you.  Hope you can find some happiness.
Told my doc about excessive sweating, T check revealed 199, started injections in March 2013, I'm loving it.

bzarfas

• View Profile
    • http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Enemies.aspx
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »
Good luck to you.  Hope you can find some happiness.
I think that's the goal of everyone.. question,
If You arent able to have sexual relations with your wife due to her illness, how would you being on TRT help you?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:58:08 am »
I've been on it about a year.  My doc tested my T levels after I complained of excessive sweating.  Since starting maybe I sweat less, I don't know.  I have really enjoyed the euphoric feeling of an increased libido more than anything else.  I don't enjoy masturbation like before but physical contact with her is so much better.  Just touching any part of her body gets me excited.  It's tough because I might rub her feet or back because she feels bad, meanwhile I'm getting excited and wet but can't do anything because she's in pain.  She's got Lupus and the past few years spinal fusion surgery, knees scoped, fluid drained or injected, bladder problems, etc.  We do have sex but less and less of it.  After a full hysterectomy. before we married, she was on Estrogen for years but one doctor told her to stop, plus she has started Cymbalta.  A combination of several things has reduced her libido and noticeably less wet and fewer orgasms.   

So as I have an increased sex drive hers has gone down.  It has gotten to the point I wonder if it's worth it.  To answer your question, I feel like I'm torturing myself, why be so horny all the time if there's nothing I can do about it.  She works in an antique mall and I'm up there helping out a lot.  Lots of women there.  I feel like I'm surrounded by candy but can't eat any of it. 

I'm having a yearly checkup with a trough blood draw tomorrow.  I'm going to mention to my doc this problem.  She will probably say to cut back on the TRT, which makes perfect sense.  I'm two days past my scheduled injection.  I can't wait for the boost.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:12:51 am »
Sorry to hear about your wife NC.  Hope she gets better somehow...

I don't know how old you are, but it's kind of surreal in your early 50's to have your libido restored to the same level as when you were in your 20's.  It can actually be painful.  Plus, you don't really look like you're in your 20's any more.   ;D

No, I have been at work sitting at the computer and just been in pain.  I have thought to myself more than once that that's one thing I don't miss about being younger actually!

But I still wouldn't trade it.  Unfortunately, a high libido comes is a sign of brain health in us males.  I'm not sure you can have one without the other.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:22:54 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:26:13 pm »
You could try clomid.  It will kill your libido and raise your t levels probably.  Or try running your e2 levels up a little and see if it effects libido.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »
You could try clomid.  It will kill your libido and raise your t levels probably.  Or try running your e2 levels up a little and see if it effects libido.

Or you can try the get-five-hours-of-sleep option.  That works quite well I've found...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 08:06:29 am »
Got about five hours sleep last night.  She's starting pain management in the next month or so.  Hoping they can reevaluate her meds and give her (us) a better quality of life.  Thanks for your replies.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:10 am »
Got about five hours sleep last night. 

Hey, I was kidding about this one!  A recent study showed that if you get less than 7.5 hours, inflammation escalates.

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:02:24 am »
I had already taken an Ambien, went to the bathroom, and started playing Candy Crush.  I think I fell asleep while sitting there and decided it was time to go to bed.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 10:15:25 am »
I had already taken an Ambien, went to the bathroom, and started playing Candy Crush.  I think I fell asleep while sitting there and decided it was time to go to bed.

Lol. 

Did you hear my Ambien story though?

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:43:53 am »
I think you would be doing yourself a great injustice coming off of medication that is improving your quality of life. I am assuming you do not want to cheat on your wife (would not recommend this option) so you should invest in a sex toy like the fleshlight.

NC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:24:02 am »
I think you would be doing yourself a great injustice coming off of medication that is improving your quality of life. I am assuming you do not want to cheat on your wife (would not recommend this option) so you should invest in a sex toy like the fleshlight.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Are those things worth it?  The only problem with a fleshlight is that it's not connected to all the other good parts of a soft woman.  Plus I would look weird trying to eat it.   :P

Let's hear your Ambien story PeakT.

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:21 am »

Thanks for the suggestion.  Are those things worth it?  The only problem with a fleshlight is that it's not connected to all the other good parts of a soft woman.  Plus I would look weird trying to eat it.   :P

Let's hear your Ambien story PeakT.

yes, lube plus a fleshlight feels really good. I have used it solo and had girlfriends use it on me at times when bored. much better than hand spanking. After you have banged out your fleshlight one time.... you will not want to eat it.... i promise.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:21 am »