Quantcast

Author Topic: High Estradiol and Best Arimidex Dosing  (Read 8179 times)

coulrophobia

• View Profile
High Estradiol and Best Arimidex Dosing
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:42:18 pm »
Update: Had my total test, LH, and estradiol pulled a week a ago.

total test was around 630 reference range: [250-1100]
LH was 2.0 reference range: [1.5-9.3]
Estradiol results not back yet....

Here is what I do know. 280 iu of hcg injected sub q 3 times a week (with .2mg of arimidex) taken with each shot does not shut down my bodys natural test production. However, none of my low-t symptoms have improved at all.

My doctor would NOT put me on test cyp injections because I am 28 and he does not want to shut me down for the rest of my life. The best I have ever felt in my life was on 2000 iu injections of hcg EOD for 8 shots. This put my total test to 830. so... my doc has changed my plan to 500 iu of hcg three times a week. we are waiting to see my estrogen results to determine what dose to run my arimidex at.

I am still pretty depressed because my nuts are not returning to full size, no libido, no morning or night erections, no random erections, blah blah etc etc...

I just prepaid $700.00 to test: free and total test, estradiol, LH, lipid profile, DHT, SHBG, DHEA-S, prolactin.... I am assuming the 500iu 3 x a week is going to shut down my LH....

This really sucks. It has been 5 years since my superdrol use and if my body was going to naturally recover it would have happened by now. drink 8 oz of pom juice a day, get 7-8 hours of sleep a day, got the variococele surgery... no improvements at all. I just dont know what to do anymore.

edit: it should also be noted that I have high blood pressure and constant pain in my gums. not sure how this plays into everything but i am sure it is a factor.

I just got my estradiol results back in..... 76!!!!!!! My protocol was 280 iu hcg 3 times a week with .2mg of arimidex 3 times a week and my estrogen came back with 76!!!! WOW.

Here is my new prescription: 500 iu 3 times a week of hcg. he also wrote me a script for arimidex .2mg Everyday... so i have 1.4mg of arimidex a week to play around with....

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations how I should dose my arimidex while on 500 iu 3 times a week shots?
thinking out loud here... .2mg ED, .4mg 3 times a week.... or i dont know. I am assuming almost double my hcg is going to drive my estrogen off of the fucking charts? I dont know...

when i was takiing .1mg of arimidex 3 times a week i was getting super tender burning nipples while on hcg....    .2 mg of arimidex 3 times a week is just enough to stop gyno but just enough to keep my estrogen levels super high.

halp :\

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: High Estradiol and Best Arimidex Dosing
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Here is what I do know. 280 iu of hcg injected sub q 3 times a week (with .2mg of arimidex) taken with each shot does not shut down my bodys natural test production. However, none of my low-t symptoms have improved at all.

My doctor would NOT put me on test cyp injections because I am 28 and he does not want to shut me down for the rest of my life. The best I have ever felt in my life was on 2000 iu injections of hcg EOD for 8 shots. This put my total test to 830. so... my doc has changed my plan to 500 iu of hcg three times a week. we are waiting to see my estrogen results to determine what dose to run my arimidex at.

I am still pretty depressed because my nuts are not returning to full size, no libido, no morning or night erections, no random erections, blah blah etc etc...

I just prepaid $700.00 to test: free and total test, estradiol, LH, lipid profile, DHT, SHBG, DHEA-S, prolactin.... I am assuming the 500iu 3 x a week is going to shut down my LH....

This really sucks. It has been 5 years since my superdrol use and if my body was going to naturally recover it would have happened by now. drink 8 oz of pom juice a day, get 7-8 hours of sleep a day, got the variococele surgery... no improvements at all. I just dont know what to do anymore.

edit: it should also be noted that I have high blood pressure and constant pain in my gums. not sure how this plays into everything but i am sure it is a factor.

I just got my estradiol results back in..... 76!!!!!!! My protocol was 280 iu hcg 3 times a week with .2mg of arimidex 3 times a week and my estrogen came back with 76!!!! WOW.

Here is my new prescription: 500 iu 3 times a week of hcg. he also wrote me a script for arimidex .2mg Everyday... so i have 1.4mg of arimidex a week to play around with....

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations how I should dose my arimidex while on 500 iu 3 times a week shots?
thinking out loud here... .2mg ED, .4mg 3 times a week.... or i dont know. I am assuming almost double my hcg is going to drive my estrogen off of the fucking charts? I dont know...

when i was takiing .1mg of arimidex 3 times a week i was getting super tender burning nipples while on hcg....    .2 mg of arimidex 3 times a week is just enough to stop gyno but just enough to keep my estrogen levels super high.

I would stick with what your doc says.  You're on a pretty beefy dose of Arimidex - I have taken between .5 and 1.0 mg per week - but then you seem to be a very high converter even compared to me.  But hopefully that will do it. 

I understand your concerns about going to the higher dose though and you could always just test yourself a couple weeks into the new protocol?

Also, you want to make sure your doc got the right test.  Some do Total Estrogen or Non-sensitive.  The former is pretty worthless and the latter will land higher than your real value.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:13:51 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:21:21 pm »

I would stick with what your doc says.  You're on a pretty beefy dose of Arimidex - I have taken between .5 and 1.0 mg per week - but then you seem to be a very high converter even compared to me.  But hopefully that will do it. 

I understand your concerns about going to the higher dose though and you could always just test yourself a couple weeks into the new protocol?

Also, you want to make sure your doc got the right test.  Some do Total Estrogen or Non-sensitive.  The former is pretty worthless and the latter will land higher than your real value.

my doc is just guessing on the AI dose.  I have blood work scheduled after 2 weeks on the new protocol for the following:
total and free test
LH
estradiol
dht
shbg
dhea-s
prolactin
lipid profile including total cholesterol

as far as the estrogen test, he always orders the correct one (the sensitive estradiol) - I have not had erections or sex drive while on the hcg and the 76 seems to match up with this.

so basically I need suggestions on how to dose my AI because my doctor is just doing a guess and check.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »
Well, I agree with you that it seems to go exponentially worse once you get past a certain point.  So 500 may actually more than double your previous needs.  But let me tell you why you want to be cautious:  imo going low estradiol has much worse symptoms and takes a bit longer to correct that high estradiol.  If you slam your E2 down to nothing, you are really going to be hurting for a couple of weeks.  If you go with 1.4 and you end up at 50, then you just tweak down and you can be good in another week or maybe two and none of it is probably that big of a deal.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 06:54:03 pm »
Another q for you:

Is that .2 mg compounded?  Is it liquid or what?  And you're not pill splitting right?

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:01:17 pm »
Another q for you:

Is that .2 mg compounded?  Is it liquid or what?  And you're not pill splitting right?

compounded at a good quality compounding pharmacy here into .1mg capsules. so its not brand name arimidex but generic anastrazole.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 08:12:33 pm »

Nice.  I don't know y my Hrt clinic doesnt do that...

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 02:39:58 pm »

my doc is just guessing on the AI dose.  I have blood work scheduled after 2 weeks on the new protocol for the following:
total and free test
LH
estradiol
dht
shbg
dhea-s
prolactin
lipid profile including total cholesterol

as far as the estrogen test, he always orders the correct one (the sensitive estradiol) - I have not had erections or sex drive while on the hcg and the 76 seems to match up with this.

so basically I need suggestions on how to dose my AI because my doctor is just doing a guess and check.

just got my blood pulled 15 minutes ago for the above.... Not feeling any different at all 5 weeks from my variococele surgery :( (was hoping for increase in teste size, or increase in testosterone, both, or improved sleep)

I am going to be switching from arimidex to aromasin in the next couple of weeks. Never tried aromasin. I am trying to come off of arimidex without the estrogen spike / rebound that I always get. probably will do 4 to 6 weeks of tamoxifen 20mg a day purchased from an indian pharmacy since my doc wont prescribe me tamoxifen dose that high with 12.5mg or 25 mg of aromasin a day. going to try a restart with tamoxifen instead of clomid.

coulrophobia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:19 pm »
So I am thinking outloud here and need some input from everyone.

I have done a month of 275 iu hcg shots 3 times a week. I have done 2 weeks of 500 iu hcg shots 3 times a week. All of this was done sub-q. Now, during this 6 weeks of shots I have not had the powerful feeling sleep where I can literally feel my nuts creating and pumping out test. This may sound stupid but when everything was working properly in my body I just felt amazing while I was sleeping. I have not had this feeling once while on the sub-q hcg shots. Another thing I have noticed is my nuts are still hanging around 70% of normal. They will not restore to 100% of size where they hang nice and low like they used to. at 275 iu of hcg with .6 mg of arimidex a week my estradiol was 76 also...

4 years ago I had 8 shots of 2000iu eod intra muscular into my butt cheek. Every single night I would have the powerful dream feeling, my strength shot WAY up, my stomach fat melted, my cognitive abilities and mental clarity were perfect, etc. I still did not have a good libido at all but I felt GOOD. This can (dont know for sure) most likely be attributed to a super high estradiol from 2000iu of hcg?

I dont know what to do now. This entire time I have basically been prodding my doctor along with my own suggestions on treatment. I dont understand why I do not seem to be responding to sub-q hcg shots? Is this normal?

any suggestions on what treatment I should try? I cannot restore full size to my nuts :o

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:19 pm »