I just found about this forum a few weeks ago and I have been reading non stop. I got here after I have been searching the internet for some of my weird symptoms and I finally decided to test my testosterone level.
Thanks to everyone who will read through my post. I am a 26 year old guy and my sexual life is being totally fucked up in the last 4-5 years. I really hope that finally I will found a solution. I will be also sharing my experience with my doctors to document everything happening.
So I am a fairly healthy man, doing sports, running and fitness, generally I never had any health issues except for this one thing - I have had a severe ED for as long as I can remember. Now when I think about it, one of the logical questions would be - why didn't I do anything so long? Basically my doctor gave me Levitra and said that it is all in my mind. And after a few times I just really got used to the levitra and...time went by and here we are, 6 years later.
About a year ago I experienced some mild depression and anxiety symptoms. I was never the most happy guy in the world, but this really scared me. At first I thought it was the alcohol, so I stopped drinking (I used to drink quite a lot on weekends) which only made the anxiety and depression worse for a few weeks. Nevertheless, it all went by and I was feeling OK for a while, until recently, when I started having the same feelings again. I literally start thinking like - aw man, life has no meaning, why the fuck do I bother and so on. This goes on for 2-3 hours and then goes by, but I remain melancholic for a while. So I decided to google about the symptoms and ... lucky me, I got here.
I am currently looking at my testosterone readings - 12,69 nmol/l, which is about 373. Not that low, but still way below that I read is normal for 26 y.o. guy. Additionally, my test included some other hormones like FSH, where I got 1,11, which is below the reference of 1.5-12.4; and LH of 2.53 IU/l (1.7-8.6 ref. values). I mean, the general blood work is perfect. But this.
It looks bad. It looks really bad. I am planning to go tomorrow morning and get a second reading of my testosterone and also get tested for Estradiol.
With the risk of starting another sentence with I, I have been thinking a lot about myself recently and two things are really bothering me. I used to be slightly overweight until 16 years. After that lost all the weight and started training. However, I was never good at gaining huge muscle mass. I am a big guy and I have bright shoulders, but I never managed to build huge mass. Right now, I weight about 102 kgs at 1,92 cm of height. I have a belly which seems to never go away, no matter what I try. My diet is mainly low-carb, I eat lots of fish and eggs and vegetables. Exercise all the time, although recently it has been hard, as I started feeling very tired during the day, which I would point to the testosterone level.
Sex life is a disaster. I have no morning erection also for a while now. It is present somehow If I wake at 6 am, but it is not really hard, I would say semi-hard. I have no real desire to have sex, although I have an awesome girlfriend. Right now I am taking cialis to keep it going, but I am 26 for fucks sake! This is really making me feel miserable. I am planning on going to my doctor in the next few days and speak about the testosterone levels. So, I will keep you posted. Until then, I am happy for any comments on my general condition.
I personally think that I have been always having low T, or at least after my late teens. I used to do drink a lot back then and shorty before I turned 24, so I am really scared if I did not fuck up my body in a way I can never fix it.
Thanks for reading. It really felt better.
Have a nice day/night!Edit: I decided to summarise my symptoms and give a general overview of my health status for further reference:
Existing medical conditions: none
Allergies: Tested last year and got a positive response for pollen, cats and birds.
Overall health condition: I would say very healthy. I am very active and I have been going to the gym since I was 15. Running, HiiT in the summer, snowboard in the winter. I used to be fat until 6th grade, when I lost 20 KGs from 102 to 82. After that started training and gained about 15 kgs of muscle mass. I easily bench press 115KG in my peak time and I could run 5km in 25 minutes.
Body type - muscular, I still have some fat on my belly area, which I have been (unsuccessfully trying to lose for a while), but I have very bright shoulders, v-shaped back. Size 34 jeans.
Smoking - no, used to smoke for 4 years
Drinking - except for occasional parties (1 a month) very, very little (1 drink/week)
Drugs - I have taken ecstasy, some cocaine and amphetamines (about 15 times altogether) when I was 18-20. Smoked pot occasionally, but completely drug free in the last 4-5 years.
Eating - I am a vivid cooker and I avoid fast food. Main diet is fish, vegetables, diary
Work environment - not stressful. I have a very cool job and nice colleagues
Other: I have never taken steroids or any supplements except for some creatine when I was 17 years old and some protein shakes.
- ED since since since my first time. Back then I thought I was scared so I took a quarter of a levitra pill (5mg) and I had a crazy hard erection, I have had sex also without levitra. In the last 3-4 years I have been always taking a quarter of a levitra pill before sex. A lot of it has to do with anxiety, I am sure about it, but now not anymore.
- lost my libido. I am not thinking about sex and i have no interest in sex in the last 1,5 - 2 years. It has always been low with me, but I just thought that I was different. I was never into chasing girls and most of the times I was not really interested in only sleeping with them. I am not gay though...I did think about it and I tried, but it was a disaster and I find men disgusting
So, 100% heterosexual.
- I am not aroused when I think about sex. I could never get an erection just with thinking about sex
- Always had problems achieving orgasm. I could normally fuck for half an hour before coming.
Symptoms from the last 1 year
- I have occasional days where I feel very tired, unernergetic and generally depressed. The feeling is really weird - i just feel like I don't care, everything does not make sense and so on.
- lost my morning erection (which I get back if I don't masturbate for a week or so)
- no spontaneous erections
Symptoms in the last 3 months
- I have had the bad mood episodes more often (2-3 days a month)
- Some days I wake up with absolutely no energy in the morning and I have to go to bed very early in the afternoon, because I feel so tired.
- libido is virtually non-existing. I am literally forcing myself to have sex with my girlfriend on cialis.