Quantcast

Author Topic: Aveed / Nebido Approved in the U.S.!!  (Read 16113 times)

Boots

• View Profile
Re: Aveed / Nebido Approved in the U.S.!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 04:17:06 pm »
Here is a link to the data from the Phase III trial from the Journal of Andrology, "Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Long-Acting Testosterone Undecanoate Injections in Hypogonadal Men: An 84-Week Phase III Clinical Trial":   

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2164/jandrol.109.009597/abstract;jsessionid=848B9674DCF45B8FC5CCC50A40109752.f02t04?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+Saturday%2C+15+March+from+10%3A00-12%3A00+GMT+%2806%3A00-08%3A00+EDT%29+for+essential+maintenance

In Table 1 (and Figure 1), it suggests that on average the peak is about 890ng/dl with an average daily level of 495. The average daily level for the lowest responder was 197ng/dl and the average daily level for the highest responder was 1000ng/dl. Adverse events seem consistent with other therapies. 

I would guess, like all products, it will work well for some and not so well for others.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »
Here is a link to the data from the Phase III trial from the Journal of Andrology, "Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Long-Acting Testosterone Undecanoate Injections in Hypogonadal Men: An 84-Week Phase III Clinical Trial":   

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.2164/jandrol.109.009597/abstract;jsessionid=848B9674DCF45B8FC5CCC50A40109752.f02t04?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+Saturday%2C+15+March+from+10%3A00-12%3A00+GMT+%2806%3A00-08%3A00+EDT%29+for+essential+maintenance

In Table 1 (and Figure 1), it suggests that on average the peak is about 890ng/dl with an average daily level of 495. The average daily level for the lowest responder was 197ng/dl and the average daily level for the highest responder was 1000ng/dl. Adverse events seem consistent with other therapies. 

I would guess, like all products, it will work well for some and not so well for others.

I think Aveed dosing frequency will need to be adjusted by docs based on patient results.  They will need to monitor the highs and lows.  It doesn't sound like the current recommended dosing schedule is ideal.  I think smaller doses every month or even 2 times per month is going to keep levels steady.  Cutting edge docs are going to figure this out.  Even if patients have to dose it 2 times per month to keep levels steady, that is still superior to twice per week IMO. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »

I think Aveed dosing frequency will need to be adjusted by docs based on patient results.  They will need to monitor the highs and lows.  It doesn't sound like the current recommended dosing schedule is ideal.  I think smaller doses every month or even 2 times per month is going to keep levels steady.  Cutting edge docs are going to figure this out.  Even if patients have to dose it 2 times per month to keep levels steady, that is still superior to twice per week IMO.

They are steady on a day-to-day basis but not on a month-to-month basis.  It's basically a big inverted Bell curve.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

pvm21

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 06:01:50 pm »
How would AIs be dosed with this? HCG?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 06:01:50 pm »

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 07:50:31 pm »

They are steady on a day-to-day basis but not on a month-to-month basis.  It's basically a big inverted Bell curve.

^^^This would be expected under the current dosing schedule protocol.  This is the reason I completely disagree with it...it makes no sense IMO.  The half life of Test Undecanoate is just over twice that of Test Cypionate.  In order to keep testosterone levels steady, injections must be done more often than the half-life of that particular ester.  Cutting edge docs are going to understand this IMO.  Test Undecanoate has been used by bodybuilders for years and they shoot it every 2 weeks to maintain those steady levels.  TRT users would dose much lower than bodybuilders, but I think protocol would be similar, although with a lesser dose. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:54:16 pm by tre »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »
How would AIs be dosed with this? HCG?

It would be very difficult in the case of both I would think.  My guess is in the case of E2, a gut would have to def monitor and ask for an AI if necessary.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:56 am »
On further study, this will keep me from ever using Aveed:

"The REMS requires that patients must be observed for 30 minutes following injection to rule out serious POME or anaphylaxis, that healthcare settings and providers be specially certified in order to prescribe and dispense Aveed, and that they must have on-site equipment and trained personnel to manage such emergencies."

I think this rule is not out of concern for health.  I will never use a Testosterone that requires it to be injected in a doctors office every time.  Convenience goes out the window with that rule and it will obviously end up being MUCH more expensive.  I'll wait a few years and see if the rule will drop.  It should, as I think the fearmongering about it being less safe than other types is complete BS.  I think it's political and/or money-motivated in one way or the other....

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 12:05:56 am »