Quantcast

Author Topic: Probiotic fatigue  (Read 15034 times)

pvm21

• View Profile
Probiotic fatigue
« on: March 31, 2014, 02:07:39 pm »
This thread will probably get moved I wasnt sure where to put it.

But is it possible for a probiotic to make you very fatigued? I started taking one a few days ago, per doctors request. The first two days I was EXHAUSTED. Now its hard enough battling depression and trying to tune in HRT, so I couldnt afford the extra fatigue. Stopped taking it on the third day, and wasnt as tired.

Is that common to feel fatigue while starting a probiotic?

Wango

• View Profile
Re: Probiotic fatigue
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:32:05 pm »
Probiotics friend does not affect us at all, be at peace

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:32:05 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 07:23:01 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:25:07 am »
Yes, how about trying a different brand with different ingredients and see if it makes a difference.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 07:25:07 am »

activeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:44:19 pm »
Maybe smaller doses also.

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL             244
TRIGLYCERIDES                         85
HDL CHOLESTEROL                   75
VLDL CHOLESTEROL CAL           17
LDL CHOLESTEROL CALC           152
Total T                                       657
Free T                                    14.8 pg/mL

Peyt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 12:22:11 am »
Probiotics can make you sick or help you heal depending on the balance of gut bacteria in your gut.
I have SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial OverGrowth) so I have studied gut bacteria alot.

There are new studies coming out that classifies Probiotics into different groups. For example some are considered Histamine Producing and others Histamine Degrading. If you suffer from a lot of allergies and take the type of Probiotic that is Histamine producing, you will get tired and sick.

Another classification is: D-Lactate producing and None D-Lactate producing.

It used to be that the natural medicine doctors would just tell everyone to take Probiotics. but as we move forward, we realize that we really do not have a comprehensive test that can measure all the different types of gut bacteria in the gastrointestinal track to even know what our individual needs are....

For example in my case, I have SIBO, which means I have Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth (verified by a breath test)
This means i have to be cautious about taking certain bacterias that resides in the small intestine, but I can take the type that resides in the large intestine just fine... and that's another classification.... lactobacillus (ex: Acidophilis, Gasseri, Casei, and many more) resides in the Small intestine  where as Large intestine bacteria is Bifidobacterium (ex: Longum, Bifidum, Infantis and....)

All i can say is if you are reacting badly to a probiotic, be careful because there may be a strain in there that you already have an over growth of in your gut and by taking more you are contributing further to your Gut Dysbiosis. Good luck.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 01:13:21 am »
Probiotics can make you sick or help you heal depending on the balance of gut bacteria in your gut.
I have SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial OverGrowth) so I have studied gut bacteria alot.

There are new studies coming out that classifies Probiotics into different groups. For example some are considered Histamine Producing and others Histamine Degrading. If you suffer from a lot of allergies and take the type of Probiotic that is Histamine producing, you will get tired and sick.

Another classification is: D-Lactate producing and None D-Lactate producing.

It used to be that the natural medicine doctors would just tell everyone to take Probiotics. but as we move forward, we realize that we really do not have a comprehensive test that can measure all the different types of gut bacteria in the gastrointestinal track to even know what our individual needs are....

For example in my case, I have SIBO, which means I have Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth (verified by a breath test)
This means i have to be cautious about taking certain bacterias that resides in the small intestine, but I can take the type that resides in the large intestine just fine... and that's another classification.... lactobacillus (ex: Acidophilis, Gasseri, Casei, and many more) resides in the Small intestine  where as Large intestine bacteria is Bifidobacterium (ex: Longum, Bifidum, Infantis and....)

All i can say is if you are reacting badly to a probiotic, be careful because there may be a strain in there that you already have an over growth of in your gut and by taking more you are contributing further to your Gut Dysbiosis. Good luck.

Peyt:   Interesting info. I have eaten a lot of (nonfat) yogurt in my day and take kind of the "Big Three" and never felt better.  I totally believe that they could negatively impact some men, though, but I guess my only caution is that I was just reading about some of the subjects you brought up out on the web and it was filled with market hype.  Can you give us some personal examples in your life?  And, by any chance, do you have any authority links on the subject?  I had a real hard time with some of the sales-ey pages that I had to wade through.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peyt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »
Sure,
to begin with, here is a link that has a lot of basic info on my condition which is SIBO:
www.onhealth.com/small_intestinal_bacterial_overgrowth/article.htm

Here is a link that explains how excess D-Lactate in the body will lead to CFS(Chronic Fatigue), which i believe was the complaint of the poster of this thread:

http://cellfatigue.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/lactate-production.html

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »
Sure,
to begin with, here is a link that has a lot of basic info on my condition which is SIBO:

Here is a link that explains how excess D-Lactate in the body will lead to CFS(Chronic Fatigue), which i believe was the complaint of the poster of this thread:

Thank you so much!  So what do you think caused the overgrowth in your case?

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »
Here's another SIBO POV...I don't follow this site (until now, ht/mda) but it looks like there is a lot of good discussion in the comments

http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-cure-sibo-small-intestinal-bowel.html

Peyt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:48 pm »
Sure,

Thank you so much!  So what do you think caused the overgrowth in your case?

My condition was caused by over-usage of antibiotics .
Everytime antibiotics are used many good bacteria are killed with the bad.
In my case, I was given strong antibiotics at the age of 2, and from that point on, my body needed strong antibiotics everytime i got sick which was 1-3 times a year.

I have heard that birth control pills(in case of woman) and certain steroids medication can also negatively effect the gut bacteria.

This information is controversial because in order for the medical industry to recognize this as a new disorder, they must also recognize that the cause stems from their own products!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:50:05 pm by Peyt »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:10 am »

This information is controversial because in order for the medical industry to recognize this as a new disorder, they must also recognize that the cause stems from their own products!

I don't think it's controversial any more.  C Diff kind of changed all that.  After you have a few of your patients lose their colon or almost die in the E.R., you start to take it seriously...

So, basically, you're saying that the antibiotics have killed of the good bacteria and so you have an overgrowth of the bad?

Peyt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 01:52:33 am »

I don't think it's controversial any more.  C Diff kind of changed all that.  After you have a few of your patients lose their colon or almost die in the E.R., you start to take it seriously...

So, basically, you're saying that the antibiotics have killed of the good bacteria and so you have an overgrowth of the bad?

Yes... and since there is no test to tell exactly which strains of bacteria(s) was killed off and which ones are now over-grown in a person's gut, the chances of matching exactly what is needed by blindly buying probiotics off the shelf is very low.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 01:52:33 am »