Quantcast

Author Topic: Women's HRT  (Read 3743 times)

ATXHawk

• View Profile
Women's HRT
« on: April 16, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »
Was curious if anyone's wife/girlfriend has ventured into HRT. My wife has suffered from extremely low libido for a few years and is 35 yrs old. She recently had blood work done from her OBGyn and it came back that her testosterone level was at the lowest scale of what's considered normal range. She was offered a prescription for test cream, or test pellets. Has anyones significant other used either one of these with any success? Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:57:08 pm by ATXHawk »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Women's HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »
Was curious if anyone's wife/girlfriend has ventured into HRT. My wife has suffered from extremely low libido for a few years and is 35 yrs old. She recently had blood work done from her OBGyn and it came back that her testosterone level was at the lowest scale of what's considered normal range. She was offered a prescription for test cream, or test pellets. Has anyone significant used either one of these with any success? Thanks!

I'm very curious if anyone has any experience with this as well.

But don't forget - if you haven't already - to get her thyroid thoroughly checked.  Very common issue in women and the fatigue and low metabolism and low hormones will hammer libido.

And, finally, women have much less serotonin than us, and thus are more prone to depression.  Exercise and fish oil can really help.

Finally, the need Vitamin D as well and a deficiency this can cause some lethargy just like in us. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »

TestEngineer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:40:33 pm »
My wife has been on HRT for 3 years now.  Went from low libido, hot flashing and generally not feeling well to "normal".  She is on a compounded pharmacy made cream that contains estrogen, testosterone and progesterone.  They look at bloodwork and urine analysis to determine what she needs.

NCnative

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:04:05 pm »
What do you mean "normal"?  Does she actually have a healthy libido now?
Gathering info.....

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:04:05 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:09:23 pm »
My wife has been on HRT for 3 years now.  Went from low libido, hot flashing and generally not feeling well to "normal".  She is on a compounded pharmacy made cream that contains estrogen, testosterone and progesterone.  They look at bloodwork and urine analysis to determine what she needs.

So what kind of doc gave her the above?  Or was it a naturopath?  I'm just asking because traditional docs are pretty reluctant from all I have heard.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

TestEngineer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:33 pm »
Normal means healthy all around - libido, no more hot flashes, healthy body weight, etc.  This was through a woman's health clinic - bio-identical hormones, etc.  Really made a big difference in her life.  It's no covered by insurance.  The doctor's office visit is about $250 and the hormone creams are about $50 per month.

ATXHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:35 pm »
Was curious if anyone's wife/girlfriend has ventured into HRT. My wife has suffered from extremely low libido for a few years and is 35 yrs old. She recently had blood work done from her OBGyn and it came back that her testosterone level was at the lowest scale of what's considered normal range. She was offered a prescription for test cream, or test pellets. Has anyone significant used either one of these with any success? Thanks!

I'm very curious if anyone has any experience with this as well.

But don't forget - if you haven't already - to get her thyroid thoroughly checked.  Very common issue in women and the fatigue and low metabolism and low hormones will hammer libido.

And, finally, women have much less serotonin than us, and thus are more prone to depression.  Exercise and fish oil can really help.

Finally, the need Vitamin D as well and a deficiency this can cause some lethargy just like in us.

Her Vitamin D was checked, was perfect. She takes fish oil daily, and runs about 10 miles a week, split with some weight lifting exercises. Thanks for everyone's responses!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:20 pm »

Her Vitamin D was checked, was perfect. She takes fish oil daily, and runs about 10 miles a week, split with some weight lifting exercises. Thanks for everyone's responses!

I'd read up on the breast cancer issue.  For example, they just had a study that showed that estrogen only (and no progesterone) decreased breast cancer actually.  Other studies have shown an increase in breast cancer.  However, the problem is that the studies are done with the synthetics I believe almost without fail.  And those are very different animals tham the bioidentical. 

That has nothing to do with testosterone - just mentioning that it's a good thing research imo if she goes for cream with multiple hormones as TestEngineer mentioned above.  My gut feel agrees with TestEngineer that bioidentical hormones in physiological reanges should be safe for women, but I don't believe it's been shown by any studies yet.  The state of women's HRT is pathetically behind men's as far as research and that's cuzz of all the stupid synthetic stuff out there!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18:20 pm »