Quantcast

Author Topic: 27yr old. low energy. erectile issues. hormone results.  (Read 5900 times)

benji27

27yr old. low energy. erectile issues. hormone results.
« on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:48 am »
hi. i recognise i'm not seeking medical advice here but wonder since this forum is all about androgens i wonder if anyone can shed some light on interpreting results and my symptoms. i'm 27 years old.
i've put the normal ranges in brackets.

serum tesosterone 19.4 nmol/L (12.0 - 31.9)
free testosterone 437.94 pmol/L (260 -740)
shbg 30 nmol/L (12-57)
dht 5.4 nmol/L (0.7 - 5.1)
 estradiol 93 pmol/L (<160)
 leutenizing hormone 7.9 IU/L (1.8- 9.2)
 follicle stimulating hormone 4.0 IU/L (1.5 - 9.7)
cortisol taken around 9am: 325 nmol/L (138-690)
cholesterol 4.5 nmol/L (3.5 - 5.5)
serum zinc 12.0 umol/L (9.0 - 19.0)
albumin 50 g/L (39-50) - down from 55 a year ago.

i'm still awaiting thyroid function results but as of last. thyroid stimulating hormone was 310. the doctor said this was low for a young male.

my concern is i'm chronically fatigued (always wanting to sleep - currently sleep about 9-10 hours a night) and short of breath but no signs of other health issues.
my heart beat feels really weak and will pound and feel delayed and occasionally skip or take a long while to take the next.
i have to strain really hard sometimes to breathe in. like there's not enough reaching the heart to make it beat stronger and faster.
getting up from chairs can make me dizzy.

sexually, there's pretty much no erection. will only make it up 20%, firm. if ever it gets full hard, it's painful in the corpora cavernosa.

i'm generally slender though with the sluggish health have put on a bit of weight around the abdomen (waist was 28 inches, now 32 give or take), used to be really active jogging and riding km's every week but now can't hold myself for very long at the gym. even walking can be a struggle for 30 mins may get short of breath but will get really tired. heart doesn't seem to get into it.
also noticed that near accidents or shocking things don't have an effect on my pulse.

this decline has happened over the last 3 years max. how can i differentiate between depression and something wrong with hormones?

thanks in advance.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: 27yr old. low energy. erectile issues. hormone results.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:55 am »
The hormone readings you placed above look pretty good - I doubt they are causing the issues you are mentioning.

Hypothyroidism would be a likely culprit for many of your symptoms.  Now the only thing that doesn't totally make sense is the almost complete erectile dysfunction at 27.  Hypothyroidism is definitely linked to E.D. - see the study below for example - but I wouldn't think that you would lose all function.  You really want to talk to your physicians about this as it's pretty tough to get a 27 year old to completely lose his ability to get an erection which is what it sound like you are describing. 

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/93/5/1815.short

Have you taken your pulse?  In extreme cases the pulse can really slow and lead to arrythmias.  And there are other types of arrhymias associated with it as well.

But you need to keep pushing to get to the bottom of this.  Hypoglycemia could cause some of these symptoms.  Anemia as well.  So keep digging and let us know what you find out if you think of it...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:55 am »

mobil014

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:30:05 am »
Have you considered seeing a cardiologist?

benji27

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
Thanks for that insight. Good to know the results seem ok to you - somewhat reassuring.

As for pulse and energy, it's definitely not right so I'll be getting sugar, thyroid results next week and will post when I get them.
Iron seems to be ok if anemia is presumed a culprit. There is also a penile ultrasound scheduled for next week to assess some pain in the shaft which came from a few nocturnal erections but without ejaculation. Strangely enough, there were times during sleep I awoke to erections but they're not overly pleasant, not quite full but there's a little bit there. Definitely not enough energy to ejaculate or orgasm so I don't even bother. Not much sensation and sometimes they were quite strong and painful.
It's as if the body wants to ejaculate but can't meet the demand because of low energy so the penis will try to get erect repeatedly during sleep but can't go all the way.

So perhaps, thyroid or sugar or something else is an issue. Whatever it is, you're right, I will and am continuing to investigate. It's persistent and hampering my abilities in general.

On another note, despite perhaps not having too much to do with energy (I don't know) what about DHT slightly up, does that mean anything? I have noticed more dry acne, drier skin appear over the last 6 months, would that be responsible since there's receptors to this hormone in the skin?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »

makingsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 09:25:51 pm »
Some of your symptoms sound a little like Asthma. Asthma can be brought on by allergies. I would do a lung function test.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »
Thanks for that insight. Good to know the results seem ok to you - somewhat reassuring.

As for pulse and energy, it's definitely not right so I'll be getting sugar, thyroid results next week and will post when I get them.
Iron seems to be ok if anemia is presumed a culprit. There is also a penile ultrasound scheduled for next week to assess some pain in the shaft which came from a few nocturnal erections but without ejaculation. Strangely enough, there were times during sleep I awoke to erections but they're not overly pleasant, not quite full but there's a little bit there. Definitely not enough energy to ejaculate or orgasm so I don't even bother. Not much sensation and sometimes they were quite strong and painful.
It's as if the body wants to ejaculate but can't meet the demand because of low energy so the penis will try to get erect repeatedly during sleep but can't go all the way.

So perhaps, thyroid or sugar or something else is an issue. Whatever it is, you're right, I will and am continuing to investigate. It's persistent and hampering my abilities in general.

On another note, despite perhaps not having too much to do with energy (I don't know) what about DHT slightly up, does that mean anything? I have noticed more dry acne, drier skin appear over the last 6 months, would that be responsible since there's receptors to this hormone in the skin?

Usually young guys like yourself don't have trouble with nitric oxide, but you might want to test that.  You can get a pretty good gauge of your NO with Neogenis' test strips and they're relatively inexpensive. 

I have no affiliation with them but did do an interview with the founder if you're interested:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Nitric_Oxide_Test.aspx

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 04:00:20 pm »