Quantcast

Author Topic: I3C, DIM, BPA, Estrogen  (Read 4109 times)

Macadamia-nuts

• View Profile
I3C, DIM, BPA, Estrogen
« on: July 16, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »
I3C, DIM, BPA, Estrogen.

So I've been thinking about Estrogen recently and was wondering about if we put all this effort in to increasing T what's to stop it turning into Estrogen? 

It seems like completely cutting out BPA and other Estrogen mimickers is pretty difficult so shouldn't the focus be on reducing the Estrogen some other way?

On your site you mention eating broccoli but I did a quick google search which said you would need to have 2lbs of raw broccoli a day to have any kind of noticeable effect. So why not just supplement with I3C/DIM? 

I3C appears to be the preferred choice of steroid users for post cycle therapy. What are your thoughts on that?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: I3C, DIM, BPA, Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:03:59 pm »
First of all, the main thing I would advocate is getting your estradiol tested.  Remember that many men are too low in estrogen and this can be a major health and sex life issue.  I mention it cuzz many men are struggling with erectile dysfunction and assume they have high estrogen.  That's not necessarily the case and they should get their estradiol pulled imo to find out the real story.

Also, here are a hundred different reasons to eat broccoli besides I3C/DIM:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Broccoli

So I can't think of a good reason that you would want to avoid those cruciferous vegetables

However, should one supplement with I3C/DIM?  I don't get too excited over those and the reason is simply that the great majority of men can get high estrogen under control simply by dropping weight and avoiding alcohol.  No one really knows what long term I3C/DIM supplementation does.  It's probably good, but do you really want to be in the first wave of practitioners?

So if you have high estradiol and can't get it under control with weight loss, that is another story.  You may want to consider these supplements as they should be relatively safe.  But weight loss will help you in a hundred different ways, so that's where most guys should start. 

And when the little woman sees those abs beginning to form again, it's gonna pay off in more ways than one!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:06:01 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: I3C, DIM, BPA, Estrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:03:59 pm »