Quantcast

Author Topic: Young Low T  (Read 22219 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Young Low T
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 01:09:50 am »
Btw, just happened to across this very int'g study on Clomid in my reading:

http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v15/n3/abs/3900981a.html

Thought I'd pass it along...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 07:50:54 am »
i've posted this before, but just thought i'd post again here. This urologist gives a very succint synopsis on how Clomid works to raise testosterone.

sure, it's not a "natural" substance, but what natural substance works to really raise testosterone in hypogonadnal men in any truly meaningfull way? i read about a lot of things that are purported to work, but when put to the test scientifically, they fall down.

i try to live my life as natural as is possible in this modern age ("green" household cleaners, non-fragrant detergents, non-paraben shampoos and soaps, and local, organic foods), but when it comes to really low T, a drug it must be....it is what it is. what's worse, just living with the low T because you are wondering about Clomid as a pharmaceutical, or taking and thereby raising T to avoid those issues that come with low T? (all of this under the premise that clomid is really almost the only option if you want to maintain fertility).

I guess the cool thing about Clomid over synthetic testosterone (in addition to saving sperm count), is that it does at least work to bump up *your own* level of testosterone, so it's in part natural in that regard? (i think?).... It works by blocking estrogen at the pituitary. The pituitary sees less estrogen, and makes more LH. More LH means that the Leydig cells in the testis make more testosterone.

giving synthetic/HRT testosterone to a man does just the opposite. The pituitary thinks that the testis is making plenty of testosterone, and LH falls. As a result, the testis stops making testosterone, and the usually high levels of testosterone in the testis fall to the lower level in the blood.

So clomiphene is a way to increase testosterone in the blood and the testis at the same time. It preserves testis size and function while increasing blood testosterone.

I say all this, but yes - every guy is different. It works many, many men, but in others, it a.) doesn't work or b.) there are sides to the drug that men don't like (serious sides are rare). And it can work to increase estradiol in some men, in which case you might need to pair clomid with an estrogen blocker.

http://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/28/how-clomid-works-in-men/

i'm almost 6 months on clomid - i hit the doctor this coming week, and will report back on how my levels look after this much time on it (50mg pill every other day).

It's true though - not all urologists seem to know about Clomid for men. For instance, my brother has low T, whent to a supposedly T friendly/knowledgeable urologist in the LA area, and when he mentioned Clomid to the doc, the doc said "oh, your brother must just be just doing that for increased fertility - it doesn't do anything for T"....wow. I told my brother to print some things out for this chap, like the article i link to above. I was mad that my brother didn't press the guy to even tell him about me: total T level was 194, and after 5 weeks on Clomid i went to 627. Doesn't work? hmmm... really......The guy just said "shots - take the T shots, that's the best thing." My brother doesn't plan to have kids (so he says now), so he's not too worried about fertility. We'll see.

Sad that some doctors just don't "keep up" with the findings. In this case, they are not even new findings.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:53:45 am by starry »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 07:50:54 am »

Thisguy

• Uno Dos Tres! This is how you count.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »
Hi, I've been putting this reply off for my results to get back.
Complete blood test
                         Mine   Lab's Limit
white blood cell  8.9     4.0-10.0
red blood cell     6.01   4.31-6.40
hemoglobin       16.6   13.6-18.0
hematocrit        51.1    39.8-52.0
MCV                 85.0    80.0-97.0
MCH                 27.6    26.0-34.0
MCHC               32.5    32.0-36.0
RDW                13.5    11.5-15.0
platelet count    223     140-440
MPV                 12.1     6.5-12.4
auto Neut         60.3     37.0-80.0
auto Lymph      30.5     16.0-51.0
auto Mono        7.8       0-12.0
auto Eos           1.1       0-8.0
auto Baso           .3       0-3.0
auto ABS Neut  5.38      1.5-8
auto ABS Lymph 2.73   .80-4.0
auto ABS Mono  .70        0-1.2
auto ABS Eos     .10       0-.30
auto ABS Baso   .03         0-.30

Estradiol 17-B    42       0-40

Free T4             1.02      .84-1.51
FSH                   1.6        1.4-18.1
LH                    2.6         1.5-9.3
Prolactin            3.4         2.1-17.7
TSH                  1.605      0.400-4.00

More blood stuff
Sodium             139         136-145
Potassium         4.9          3.6-5.0
Chloride            102         98-107
CO2                 26           22-28
BUN                 8             6-20
Creatinine        1.05         .70-1.30
Glucose           82            74-100
Calcium           10.2         8.6-10.3
Total Protien    7.3           6.0-8.3
Albumin           4.8          3.5-5.0
ALT/SGPT        19           10-35
AST/SGOT       12           14-50
Alkaline Phos   80            53-128
Bili Total         .4             .3-1.2

LIPR
Cholesterol      215           108-199
Triglycerides    298           26-149
Fasting?  I was fasting. I don't know why they didn't put that down. They had a hard enough time drawing.
Chol/HDL ratio 7.2           0-5
HDL                30            40-125
LDL                 125         0-99     LDL calculated Freodewald equation

Okay, so I didn't ask for a full blood test, or cholesterol test, but I guess it's okay? Even though I didn't ask for it, the cholesterol was expected because I've dealt with it all before. I did ask for Total Testosterone and Free testosterone, which wasn't checked. Maybe because I just wrote total t and free t on the note and the doctor saw I'd put T3 and T4 after that, she thought I just doubled up or something. Or maybe because my testosterone was checked only 2 weeks earlier, she didn't think I needed it checked again.
 My testosterone from a few weeks ago was 184 total and the lab's limit was 280 something-800 something.
 I don't know anything about any of these readings, but I'm hoping since my Estradiol is high, the doc will think about Clomid. I think it would really help me out.
 And Peak, the doc didn't say any of that about the garbage disposal. Another one of my hit and miss jokes falling short. When I asked her about Clomid, she just said 'no', like if I'd asked for a blood test to see if my leg was broken. It was unneeded and unneccessary to ask about. She didn't say anything else about it, so I wasn't sure why it was a frowned upon treatment.
 If anyone knows whether any of these lab limits are like the horrendous T levels that doctors and labs call acceptable, tell me if anything's wrong because of it. I'm kind of suspicious because the Estradiol says '0-40'. There's supposed to be some estrogen in a man, so what's up?
Find a happy medium, and go for it.

Thisguy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »
Thanks starry and Peak. Those links helped me understand exactly what clomid does. That doc sounds like he knows about his stuff.
 On monday I went to my psychiatrist, the one who initially prescribed me a test blood check. He told me first thing in the middle of July to take DHEA. I hadn't even gotten the blood draw done. I had trouble accepting this, although I did start taking it in quarter pieces. The reason to hesitate is DHEA is the precursor to Androgens, which can turn into estro or test. My argument was what if my body doesn't make the right ratio of those two hormones? He said take it anyway. Actually on Monday he said take two pills (I'm only taking a quarter pill now, which I told him before the appointment).
 The other problem I have with him is when I told him about hoping to get on HRT, he recommended the shots, which my doc and I agreed won't be the best for someone who hasn't had experience, because they can make you crash after a while. His reasoning wasn't because androgel's sometimes hard to absorb. It was because you don't always know how much of a dose you're getting. I can see that, but if a shot makes me crash a few weeks later, then wouldn't I want something everyday instead, even if it's less of a dose some days?
 I thought he'd know stuff about testosterone because he's old (I don't know how old), but when I told him I was thinking about fertility, he didn't know about it and told me there probably wouldn't be too much of a drop in fertility, if they were prescribing it to young men like me. I tried telling him, but he was one of those people who know they're right and won't listen to the other people. It's got to be said that after that appointment, I got in a such a black cloud I crawled into bed for four hours and didn't want to do a thing. I'm working on that, but it seems being stopped at every turn tends to do that to me.
 I'm going to talk to my GP about it soon, after I find out about some things, and hopefully she knows more about Clomid and which treatment is better, and about it affecting fertility. I just don't know what to do with all this information.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 09:43:17 pm »
I want to glom onto something about all those lab results that is very important:

Your triglycerides are VERY high and your HDL is VERY low.  This is not good and is generally a sign of insulin resistance.  You really need to get this checked out.  I've got a great study to send you that every male (that exercises under an hour-and-a-half per day) should read every night before he goes to bed.  Just remember this:  fasting insulin is highly correlated to lower HDL (and higher triglycerides). 

What will raise your insulin levels?  Being sedentary.  Lack of sleep.  High glycemic meals, i.e. lots of cheap carbs.  Being overweight, especially visceral fat.

And to take matter worse you have high cholesterol.  This is all, over the years, going to be very hard on your arteries.  Have your read some of my pages on insulin resistance and Metabolic Syndrome?  If not, it's just plain ugly and here is some basic information:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/erectile_dysfunction_syndrome.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Metabolic_Syndrome_Solutions.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Cortisol_Men.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Insulin_Resistance_Liver.aspx
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

werd200

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »
How is your weight-loss progression going? I don't think you neccesarily should go for HRT if you weigh 275 lbs(unless you're using that testosterone to speed up weight-loss). I have a friend who weighed 238 pounds, his testosterone fluctuated between 439-500 Ng/dl. Once he spent a few years reducing his weight to 170, changing his diet, exercising, getting hydrated, his testosterone went back up to the 750-800 ng/dl range.  Your testosterone is abysmally low, but you're also from what you describe have a more  vulernable hormonal profile(congenital predisposity to diabetes 2 f.ex, i have the same thing), i think if you cut yourself down to a bmi of 22-23(which will take years or a year depending on how much you invest in it) you'll at the very very least get your testosterone back up to 400-500 range(which are liveable with some dietary and working out persistence), maybe even 600-700(which would be an ideal) range, after that the struggle will be to maintain it.  Just don't grow lazy and wait for too long, don't waste your best years not doing anything about it. I personally work out in the gym 7 days a week, with a schedule divided between cardio/weight-lifting and i've made little progress so far. If you have an opportunity to get a gym membership, go there, i promise you, you'll feel alot better after 1 hour of weight-lifting or brisk-paces/ or running. I'm planning to increase intensity just too see how far i can go. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:17:53 pm by werd200 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24:37 am »
Sorry, I only had a second last night and wanted to talk about what I thought was important to your health:  your lipid profile.  I don't mean to sound overly dramatic, but, if you don't fix that, you're gonna end up like me and half the other guys on this board with some combination of hardened arteries, advanced arteriosclerosis and high blood pressure.  So I'm hoping I can save you a lot of grief down the road.

Anyway, I think you're more interested in the hormonal numbers - what young guy isn't? - and so I want to comment on your estradiol number.  Obviously, that number is high.  I absolutely agree with werd that dropping the weight will very likely boost your testosterone very significantly and drop the E2 at the same time.  Notice, though, that this give you still another option to discuss with your doctors instead of going on full-fledged HRT:  Arimedex.  There are probably many options for you, but, of course, weight loss is the natural and best long term solution.

A second point in support of the above are your LH/FSH numbers.  They are in range but on the lowish side.  This probably indicates that you are at the beginning of a weight-induced secondary hypogonadism.  But that is actually good.  Again, if you drop the pounds, you be able to recover nicely.  Most young guys can from what I've seen, but talk to our doc.

Here are a few threads to remind you not to lose weight too fast or at least be prepared if you do:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Weight_Right_Way.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Weight_Gradually.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Losing_Weight_Hormones.aspx
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:31:53 am by PeakT »

Thisguy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »
 Hi werd, thanks, and I'm actually looking into HRT, clomid, etc. so I can jumpstart my life. If that means testosterone, then so be it. I have been lifeless and on my ass since I was 13 (21 now), and I need to do something about it. I'm done waiting for something to change, and it seems my parents are too, so I need to move on.
 About the hormanal profile, you're freaking me out with the diabetes thing. I've never been told I have it, or will have it. The only concern is my dad has been on the diabetic wall for a few years now, but just in April was told he had type II. He's 62, so I'm not too worried now, but I'm not going to ask for trouble either. If my test results say anything otherwise though, tell me so I can talk to the doc when I go in about HRT.
 When I was about 14-15, my mom was prescribed a gym membership just so she could use the insurance card on it and pay it off later. When we'd go, I'd do a good workout (what I consider enough for someone who didn't do anything except sit all day), but the problem was getting there when mom wasn't able to drive me. I only ever went a few times in a month, and then it was on mom's schedule. And no, I don't have the ability now to go to the gym. No money whatsoever, except for meager savings for a stormy day.
 My new weight loss program is go for a 20-30 min walk everyday. I've done this before, but it never stuck. The last time I tried was in Jan. and I got some testicular problems at the start of Feb.. I don't think they were related (never did find out why though), but it threw me off my schedule since I couldn't walk for a week without that pain.
 I've been having shin splints all my life from walking too fast and not knowing it (usually how health problems are as bad as they get before they're diagnosed), but I've worked pretty good the last month to lower my speed and now I'm comfortable with the little-no pain so I'm already upping my speed again and I'm even going for little walks down the street to the mailbox a few times a day.
 Anyway, my weight at June 20th was 284lb according to the doctor's electronic scale. When I checked it near a month later, at home, I was happy it was 278lb. Now though, I understand what I've been doing does have an effect, unlike before when I just did stuff because ppl told me it was good for me. I just checked it at your mention, and it's 270-273lb (the range is because we have a crappy scale with an iffy dial).
 I'm kind of worried because of what Peak, and anyone who knows anything about weight loss, says about losing weight too fast. How do I make sure I'm not doing it too fast? I'm actually making more muscles than before, at least in my legs and the parts that I stretch during the day. I feel I get enough protien from canned stuff (I know canned is bad, but at this no income time, I'm doing whatever I can). It also seems graham crackers are pretty good. The brand we buy has whole grains.
 Anyway, I know it's not just from the walking, although that is a big part, but also from the healthier diet I had access too a few weeks ago. Now not so much from lack of funds, but I'm looking into food stamps. Hopefully with this year's taxes of my dad's post layoff income, I'll get some help.

Thisguy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »
 Thank you Peak, for the concern in all this and not just cholesterol, but I am more worried about the hormonal crappiness. The cholesterol is something I have in the very dark recesses of my brain, and I check nutrition facts for it about twice a year, but since I was diagnosed with high Cholesterol at 11 or 12, I've been accepting that it was horrible.
 I know I can change it, and I want to, and my new regimen will help with that, so I'm not really worried about it.

The weight thing I'm worried about. I already posted all the important numbers, but I still want to make sure I'm doing all I financially can to keep losing weight at a healthy degree. If I can't afford the proper calories, let alone nutrients, should I slow down my exercising? Recently my mom got diagnosed with gout (uric acid related), and it was affecting her right big toe. In the last week, the outside of my right foot has been hurting during exercise, but afterward, after a short stretch and rest, it's back to normal. Is this an alarm at all?

Can you or anyone give me the name of a website with good info about Arimidex and Clomid? I've never been good with internet searches and when I did, it gave me stuff only about women using it. I'm assuming arimidex works the same way as Clomid, but is there a difference? Potency? Method of how it works? Side effects? I'm hoping I don't have to lose fertility and take one of the HRT options, but instead use one of these guys and lower my E and raise my T.

I also really want to stress that, one) I don't want to be on HRT/E lowerer for an extended time, but just so I can get a semblence of life and move on and up, and two) I want to do things naturally, at least to the best of my money and knowledge. My mom and dad are both on tons of meds and vits (my dad takes so much oxycontin that he has to take like 8 pills a day), and I don't want to end up like that, living by the seven day pill dispencer. I want to go as natural as I can starting with weight loss. I already feel better than I did in June, and when I add the right food and proper calories, I know it'll be so much better.
 This isn't something I'm going to forget about ten minutes after it gets better. Low T is not a broken leg that can mend and be left alone. This is something constantly changing that I only want to improve.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »

I'm kind of worried because of what Peak, and anyone who knows anything about weight loss, says about losing weight too fast. How do I make sure I'm not doing it too fast?
A couple of studies indicate that it's probably about 15% from baseline where your testosterone is affected.  Now I'm not saying you shouldn't cut calories more than that, but you just have to realize that it's very tough going if you do.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »

About the hormanal profile, you're freaking me out with the diabetes thing. I've never been told I have it, or will have it. The only concern is my dad has been on the diabetic wall for a few years now, but just in April was told he had type II. He's 62, so I'm not too worried now, but I'm not going to ask for trouble either. If my test results say anything otherwise though, tell me so I can talk to the doc when I go in about HRT.

Sorry, didn't mean to "freak you out".  But do your own research:  there is nothing good anyone can say about high triglycerides and low HDL.  Just do a search on "insulin resistance", "triglycerides" and "HDL" all together and I'm sure you'll find multiple studies that all say the same thing. 

You've got a lot going on in your personal life and with your health, so I'm not trying to overwhelm you.  But those are very high numbers, so you should start chipping away at those asap.  High triglycerides is a risk factor for heart disease, diabetes and erectile dysfunction for example. 

Look at the statement from this study: "Mean age, body mass index, cholesterol, and triglycerides were each significantly associated with an increased risk of ED."

"Heart disease risk factors predict erectile dysfunction 25 years later ☆: The Rancho Bernardo Study"
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0735109704001871

Here is another:

"The type of dyslipidemia that is most characteristic of type 2 diabetic subjects is elevated triglycerides and decreased HDL cholesterol levels"

"In studies in which total cholesterol and triglyceride were done, cholesterol and triglycerides were risk factors for CHD, although triglycerides were often a stronger predictor."

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/21/1/160.short
"Management of Dyslipidemia in Adults With Diabetes"

Hope you don't mind me pointing this out.  I wish that someone had pointed out to me some of these things when I was younger.

That's the beauty of you stopping by this forum when you are younger:  you can avoid decades of misery.  When I was growing up, they had MSG in the baby food and I was cleaning car parts with leaded gas and I never ate a meal with less than 10 grams of saturated fat. 

Now I'm paying the price and so I'm hoping some of you younger guys will "not do as I have done"...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »
Thank you Peak, for the concern in all this and not just cholesterol, but I am more worried about the hormonal crappiness. The cholesterol is something I have in the very dark recesses of my brain, and I check nutrition facts for it about twice a year, but since I was diagnosed with high Cholesterol at 11 or 12, I've been accepting that it was horrible.
 I know I can change it, and I want to, and my new regimen will help with that, so I'm not really worried about it.

The weight thing I'm worried about. I already posted all the important numbers, but I still want to make sure I'm doing all I financially can to keep losing weight at a healthy degree. If I can't afford the proper calories, let alone nutrients, should I slow down my exercising? Recently my mom got diagnosed with gout (uric acid related), and it was affecting her right big toe. In the last week, the outside of my right foot has been hurting during exercise, but afterward, after a short stretch and rest, it's back to normal. Is this an alarm at all?

Can you or anyone give me the name of a website with good info about Arimidex and Clomid? I've never been good with internet searches and when I did, it gave me stuff only about women using it. I'm assuming arimidex works the same way as Clomid, but is there a difference? Potency? Method of how it works? Side effects? I'm hoping I don't have to lose fertility and take one of the HRT options, but instead use one of these guys and lower my E and raise my T.

I also really want to stress that, one) I don't want to be on HRT/E lowerer for an extended time, but just so I can get a semblence of life and move on and up, and two) I want to do things naturally, at least to the best of my money and knowledge. My mom and dad are both on tons of meds and vits (my dad takes so much oxycontin that he has to take like 8 pills a day), and I don't want to end up like that, living by the seven day pill dispencer. I want to go as natural as I can starting with weight loss. I already feel better than I did in June, and when I add the right food and proper calories, I know it'll be so much better.
 This isn't something I'm going to forget about ten minutes after it gets better. Low T is not a broken leg that can mend and be left alone. This is something constantly changing that I only want to improve.

You brought up quite a few topics, so let me at least hit a few of them.  (You can ping for more later if I miss some).

First of all, most people can reduce high cholesterol by getting rid of extra saturated fat, i.e. a Low Fat Diet or close.  I love a Low Fat Diet, but not everyone does, so you may want to experiment with a DASH Diet or Mediterranean Diet and and see what that does to your cholesterol

If you are eating a "lousy" diet, you might want to be cautious about intense training, which puts a heavy oxidative load on the body.  Sorry, I can't remember exactly how you are eating now, so that may not apply.

Yes, elevated uric acid is a big red flag and the subject of intense research.  This is a huge subject, but here is one question for your:  does your Mom have a sweet tooth by any chance?

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Fructose_Erectile_Dysfunction.aspx
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Fructose.aspx

Clomid and Arimidex and big subjects.  I've got some basic coverage and the best way to find that is by typing those in to the Search on both my site and this forum.  I'm not being patronizing but am just mentioning it because most guys would not realize that there is some info already out there.  You also have to realize that what you really need to do is talk to a knowledgeable doc about these.  I know finance are hard, though, but there is no substitute really for a smart physician.

And don't even think about painkillers.

Thisguy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 08:43:07 am »
 Peak, hormonal things. I was't talking about what you said, but about Werd's comment, "congenital predisposity to diabetes 2 f.ex, i have the same thing." I don't know what he meant by saying it, but I also didn't know high cholesterol was an indicating factor for Diabetes. Thanks and I am on the watch for that, but now too much. I'm only going to focus on the T problem now, because if my mind is bombarded with too many things, then I shut down and give up. Hopefully, doing this naturally will affect everything else too.

I mean, when you take just two seconds to think about it, it's a wonder we don't associate the bad things we do, and the bad things we suffer from, as being parts of the same big picture. I definitely know if I just change my lifestyle to med diet and add healthy exercise, then I'll be so much better off, especially since I'm a young guy.

About the baseline 15% thing with the weight loss, I'm guessing you're talking about calories, cause I remember that somewhere on here. I'm thinking that would mean the amount of calories I STARTED with in weight loss would have to only drop, at most, by 15% to still be healthy and effective. I wasn't getting adequate amounts, so I'm worried about that, but since I've been forcing myself to eat a little more, I think I've actually increased the intake. Scratch that, I know I've increased it.

So what about dem apples? Should I slow down my walking, or decrease the time, or just let it plateau where it is and keep going? In case you didn't see them, my loss numbers: End of June-284lb, Mid July-278, Now-271/73. Is that too much for two months?

My weight loss program is this: Stretch out mostly my legs before a walk, then walk for 20-30 mins roundtrip, be home and stretch legs and arms and body. I've never been able to touch my toes without struggling and usually falling over. Now I can with a little strain, but it's the good burn you get from doing something good for you. That's it. I started yesterday going for a five minute walk later in the day to get the blood flowin, and I thnk I slept longer.
 My one problem though? Since I started all this exercise, even at the beginning in July, I started getting these deep pains from the right side of my chest, near my pec. Not exactly my breast (I don't think I ever mentioned I have those), but towards the middle and down more than anything. Checking now it's also kind of radiating to the back in the same spot. Breathing deep and hunching forward (which I have to do to type well at all) agravates it , as well as when I do my stretches to my toes, so I think It's some strained muscle deal, but I've got to talk to the doc about it.

My diet isn't as beneficial as it could be, but it is better than it was. I'm eating more grain than anything, and not always good ones either, but we haven't gone shopping for a while. I also pop a few bits of shredded cheese, nuts, and I munch on a few graham crackers through the day. I also open a can of chili and eat half one day and the rest the next. No veg or fruit yet, but that'll come with money.

My mom's diet is even moreso bad than mine. At mcdonalds (yeah I brought the big gun out, whachyou gonna do?) they have these new sweet teas that my mom loves. She comes home at midnight and picks stuff up, and in the last two weeks, I've seen seven of those large cups of sweet tea sitting around. It tastes good, but that's probably all the excitos they throw in.
 She also decays her sweet tooth because she buys those packs of cookies from the dollar tree for breakfasts cause she thinks she won't be able to make toast when she wakes up. She has diet cola all the time, thinking it's better, when it's just as bad as regular. Soda shouldn't be drunk at all, but that's beside the point. You can only change so much at once.
 She constantly buys sugary snacks because in fairness, she has dropped I think 130 lbs in the last six years, but she still uses the excuse that she can treat herself to something nice every once in a while. Three times a week isn't every once in a while. That's the whole holiday season.
 So yeah, I don't eat as bad as her, but I also don't not eat what she eats from time to time. I'm only so powerful so soon and if you have it in the house with no alternatives, which I would gladly eat healthier, then I'm going to snack on them too.

Alright, I'll check out your site (I thought I already read enough to be fluent in Peakanese), and maybe all that'll give me some good starting searches online. Yes, anytime you have any problems medically, go to the doctor, but it is hard to do without money and the right knowledge so you don't basically get robbed and then blinded by some prescription.
 I recently remembered my dad had a GP or something about ten years back who had a sex change surgery to a woman, and I was thinking about checking her out (professionally). She'd probably know stuff about hormones, right?
 You say fertility docs, sports med docs, and maybe endocrinologists, but you also say endos might be the most old fashioned thinkers in this area? My mom had to see a sports med doc once, so I maybe I can look at that?

alright, thanks and you're the best at what you do. help ppl.. with their... T problems. Okay, so it's not killing, but it's better!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 09:21:31 am »
Gotcha.  Well, sometimes, we have to implement things in steps.  I've done that myself.

Quick comment:  I think on another thread you mentioned that you were losing weight and feeling good on your current program.  If that is the case, the keep going!  Remember:  the studies are just dealing with averages.  It sounds like you are doing things the right way:  losing weight gradually and steadily with a lifestyle that you like.  So, as far as calories and exercise, it sounds like you've got everything adjusted right.

Again, I would just start substituting more whole foods, less fat/saturated fat, etc. as soon as possible, so you can get your lipids in line.

And, yes, the 15% was from baseline calorie intake.

Peakanese, eh??

Thisguy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:57 pm »
Yeah, I do feel happy with what I'm doing daily. In fact, my mom and brother-in-law are working on putting in a new hardwoodesque living room floor, and I had to help him move the accumulated junk out to the deck so they could get it done this weekend. If I have to do any lifting, like heavy boxes, going back and forth to lift things, just doing some chores, I usually stop after a few boxes and rest.

This time though, with the weight loss and added motivation, I didn't stop, but did it in record time. We moved about twenty boxes and a few pieces of furniture out and I told my brother-in-law to tell me when he needs to drop the desk so he can open the door, and he told me to warn him when I do (jokingly). I used to get angry at these little jabs, but I remembered it's sometimes ppls way to feel better during stress. I also felt pride at the fact that I was sweating and not breaking a sweat, you know what I mean.

Anyway, I thought about the 'as long as you like your program' philosophy during my walk today and figured that once I get to the point where my hard work and paying off becomes bad, then I'll change my routine, but for right now (still worried about that chest pain) I'll stick to it. I told my mom about losing weight too fast and she had the same thoughts of 'if some is good, then more is better'. I've always taken things my parents say with a grain of salt, because it usually bites me in the a.s.s, but this one gave me enough to kill a slug.
 Yeah, peakanese. It's a joke about the dog? breed, but I also think it would apply to your way of life. All organic, all natural, and all fantastic for health, and the bedroom. It does seem like a great way to spend a few decades on this ball we call 'dirt', so I'm not going to argue with any positive results.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:57 pm »