Quantcast

Author Topic: What do you think your T-levels used to be? How long do you think you were low?  (Read 6426 times)

FightLowT

• View Profile
This is a bit of a stretch I'm sure for anyone ( well maybe someone could) to accurately throw a number out that corresponds closely to what their optimal androgen and t levels were in their prime, but I'm interested regardless of what people here have to say. Additionally I'm curious how long you feel that you endured these sub-optimal levels and the amount of time in your life that transpired between having no symptoms and one day realizing you were not near the man you used to be. I'm hoping that more experiences and accounts shared will shed some light on the amount of time necessary for a person to begin feeling the effects of their testosterone diminishing.

I remember the last time I really felt like a strapping buck and seemed to still have happy go lucky tendencies and libido that would visit me at least twice a day was back around the age of 28-29. After that I began to slowly dip and it really had not become an issue or something I suspected as being wrong until I began to notice the reduction in my morning erections and lowered arousal overall. For the most part handling the business in the morning during a shower became a low priority if you catch my drift. Matter of fact waking up was becoming more of a chore as well. Women very slowly started to become less interesting and my motivation to continue doing my hobbies dropped significantly. People were noticing at work that I wasn't cracking the stupid jokes I used to dish out. I started to go into a slowly ,accelerating depression until the age of 30-31 when it became full blown major depression with crying fits that would make a grandmother look like Chuck Norris in comparison to myself. I knew something was wrong I just didn't know what it was and when I got involved with a woman during this time thats when it became obvious to me that my body was not working the best it could and it was likely a hormonal issue.

In closing I would like to also know if you guys think your levels gradually began to fall or fell rather sharply? I feel that since my symptoms seemed to manifest themselves over the course of a year or so that mine fell rather quickly but again one can never know. It would be great to have a professional chime in as to what they think happens more commonly and if there is any bloodwork to back it up from their experiences in treating patients. If any of you guys are parents and have any sons around the age of 20 it might not be such a bad idea to have them get a serum t level checked. Like many of us here this kind of preventative foresight is proving to be a value that few of us ever had.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:13:24 pm by FightLowT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
'Nuther great post.  Speaking for myself I think it was years.  It might have occurred form a short bout of Propecia as I look back on it or perhaps several years of whey use or perhaps a mycoplasma infections.  I'll never know.  But I can remember thinking, once I got my T-levels up:  "I can't really even remember feeling like this."

And makes your grandmother look like Chuck Norris, eh?  Now that's funny...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

spiderman

• View Profile
Personally I think perhaps early 40's for a sharp decline.
My trigger was the op which sent everything tumbling quickly so I really put it down to that and the major depression I suffered following that with all the anxiety,stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, no will to live, socalise or anything else...Testosterone cannot survive in that environment..no way

My terrible diet and  regular drinking would not have been helping my T levels previous to that despite the positives of excercising and feeling generally good. But I had no real symptoms then and would  say that I probably had a normal slow decline not helped by some unhealthy habits.

I think FightlowT,  symptoms will manifest extremely quickly following depression and as you know it is a vicious circle of not  feeling good which contributes to more of the same..and from then on in its a major battle to climb back up that happy hill..

I think I was probably in the 500's plus and due to circumstances dropped to the low/ mid 300's and thats when I felt it...Now I am probably around the mid 400's if I was to judge on how I am feeling at present..but thats just a guess..I really need to get tested..

kcwebguy

• View Profile
Looking back I believe I have exhibited symptoms for at least 4 or 5 years. Since T Therapy, I'm feeling better than I can remember in a looooong time.

I am grateful for PeakT's work here. Truly grateful...

Peak Testosterone Forum

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
I am grateful for PeakT's work here. Truly grateful...

Thanks.  Don't forget to spread the word online...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

kcwebguy

• View Profile
I am a total PeakTestosterone.com evangelist. I am giving informal seminars to my friends and their friends. Some dudes are paying attention and others shrug their shoulders and walk away. I'm spreading the word, for sure.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Thx.  Yeah, it's pretty sad watching people slowly self-destruct.  The thing that is most frightening is what they do to their brains.  It's one thing for a guy to lose his erections but, once the brain starts being affected, it can get a little scary... 

LowerT51

• View Profile
For me, I noticed a decrease in my libido in my mid 40's that became real obvious as I hit 50.  I've mentioned before that since my early 30's, my T levels were in the 300's, but at that time I had no libido/erection issues. It seems to me that my older body could no longer function on the T levels that I did okay with when I was younger.  Kind of like I needed higher octane to achieve the same results.  No one has ever verified this observation for me but that is my theory at least based on my body and personal expereiences.

feelgood

• View Profile
For me, I noticed a decrease in my libido in my mid 40's that became real obvious as I hit 50.  I've mentioned before that since my early 30's, my T levels were in the 300's, but at that time I had no libido/erection issues. It seems to me that my older body could no longer function on the T levels that I did okay with when I was younger.  Kind of like I needed higher octane to achieve the same results.  No one has ever verified this observation for me but that is my theory at least based on my body and personal expereiences.

man, i feel like this is me, too... i totally hear you on this. For some reason, i suspect my T levels were never super high, but i think i was pretty well off and cool anyway when i was younger. I really do wish i'd had mine checked in my 20s, then, maybe mid 30s. I'm so curious now. I'm 43, and like you LowerT, i think i was able to coast along on lower T levels when i was younger, and then by early 40s i hit a wall..

It totally seems plausible.

Peak Testosterone Forum